PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone?

CJ01
08-19-2003, 07:30 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

darkness
08-19-2003, 08:05 AM
How come in March of this year there was a new post every two seconds, and from that time on the place is a ghost town? I don\'t understand what changed.

CJ01
08-19-2003, 08:22 AM
The worst thing is that franki still hasn´t performed his lapdance for me like he promised to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

franki
08-19-2003, 08:54 AM
\"Where is everyone\"??

Well, I am without Internet for a few days, so I am checking in on the forum only sporadicly. (Don\'t worry about the dance btw /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

Other than that, people like FTR left us, what lead to less posting around here.

Then there was the big forum black-out that lasted 7 days or so. There might be a few people that don\'t know we are back on again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Franki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

frenchie
08-19-2003, 09:11 AM
I\'m here ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
BTW, CJ, did you receive my pm ?

CJ01
08-19-2003, 09:25 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Well, I am without Internet for a few days, so I am checking in on the forum only sporadicly. (Don\'t worry about the dance btw )

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The forum has been pretty busy actually, like just before it went down for instance.
Sometimes people take time off too. I have done that myself in the past.

CJ01
08-19-2003, 09:26 AM
frenchie, yes I got it thanks but I didn´t have time to respond. Got bad news btw.

Xehupatl
08-19-2003, 11:04 AM
yeah - this place is deserted! a welcome change from the usual fast-paced ... thingie

HELLO!! *HELLo* *HELlo* *HEllo* *hello*

the accoustics in this place are amazing

Elana
08-19-2003, 11:53 AM
I moved and AOL hasn\'t fixed my DSL yet, so getting online is a chore for me with my stupid dial up modem. Did I mention AOL sucks? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

CJ01
08-19-2003, 12:12 PM
No but i always knew it kinda sucks, so I gave them a miss /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Can´t you change if they´re that bad?

Elana
08-19-2003, 12:13 PM
Yeah...I should, but I have had the same email addresses for so long. I just don\'t want to give them up.

CJ01
08-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Can´t you keep them anyway?

Elana
08-19-2003, 12:15 PM
I am so not in the know when it comes to online stuff. I really should check out my options. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Xehupatl
08-19-2003, 12:18 PM
LOL you use AOL!

Elana
08-19-2003, 12:20 PM
SHUT UP! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CJ01
08-19-2003, 12:22 PM
now now, don´t pick on Elena because .... well just don´t /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Xehupatl
08-19-2003, 12:23 PM
YES MA\'AM! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

EDIT: <font color=\"white\"> AOLOL! </font>

Sagacious1420
08-19-2003, 12:29 PM
Elana-

AOL doesn\'t totally suck. Those promotional disks they send me in the mail every month make great coasters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif You\'ll find a few scattered around my place.

Elana
08-19-2003, 12:31 PM
AOL SUCKS!!!!!!!! I HATE THEM!!!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Xehupatl
08-19-2003, 12:33 PM
MY PRECIOUSS!!

Holmes
08-19-2003, 12:46 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Yup, join the throngs!

Holmes

Sexyredhead
08-19-2003, 01:04 PM
MY PRECIOUSS!!

DUDE!!! ROFLMAO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

belgareth
08-19-2003, 02:09 PM
Elana-

AOL doesn\'t totally suck. Those promotional disks they send me in the mail every month make great coasters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif You\'ll find a few scattered around my place.

They are also great to hang in my fruit trees to scare the birds away.

Sagacious1420
08-19-2003, 02:20 PM
Great idea bel!

Maybe I should make a mobile out of some of them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

belgareth
08-19-2003, 02:33 PM
Great idea bel!

Maybe I should make a mobile out of some of them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

A friend of mine in the CD reproduction business donated hundreds of defective CDs to a child care center where they really did make mobiles out if them.

Sagacious1420
08-19-2003, 02:45 PM
Nice to know they\'re good for something ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

EXIT63
08-20-2003, 03:27 AM

You think that\'s bad....I have msn. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Bill Gates is a f*^$k%#G AZZWIP3!!!!!

Number0
08-20-2003, 05:41 AM
I\'ve never had probs with AOL, with dial-up or now, when I\'m on broadband.

ToBeOrNotToBe
08-20-2003, 05:48 AM
yeah, AOL sucks!! No doubt about that! Damn fu£§|ng AOL!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Number0
08-20-2003, 04:06 PM
\'ve never had probs with AOL, with dial-up or now, when I\'m on broadband.

Andy
08-20-2003, 06:49 PM
It was cold and rainy on the day I entered the Lamers\'R\'us. I searched all the low shelves, eager to find the precious shiny disc that would open the gates of internet and spread all that wonderful content right infront of my eyes. There it was, buried under a staple of old backup tapes and dust. I picked it up and read the label impatiently ... \"Aces Of Lethargy\" we get you on-line, just do the jumping.

Elana
08-21-2003, 05:56 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
It was cold and rainy on the day I entered the Lamers\'R\'us. I searched all the low shelves, eager to find the precious shiny disc that would open the gates of internet and spread all that wonderful content right infront of my eyes. There it was, buried under a staple of old backup tapes and dust. I picked it up and read the label impatiently ... \"Aces Of Lethargy\" we get you on-line, just do the jumping.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Andy
08-21-2003, 03:53 PM
That just came to my mind ... want more?

AOL

All Others Laughing
Angel Of Loosers
An Orbituary Laughed
Awkward Online Lamers
Acceptance Of Loosing

Holmes
08-21-2003, 03:56 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes

tallmacky
08-26-2003, 12:02 AM
Hope to see you back soon Franki! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CJ01
08-26-2003, 06:41 AM
franki´s gone, so have most others - and I have one fricking headache man!!! OUCH!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

franki
08-26-2003, 07:29 AM
Hey, I am still alive people! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I ordered a new computer at a mail-order company, but apparently the computer got lost in the mail, so now they are going to send another one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hope I will have internet back soon

Franki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

franki
08-26-2003, 07:30 AM
Oh, btw I like AOL, cause they are one of the few Internet Service Providers here that I can call in the middle of the night when something is wrong... I always want to call to somebody when something is wrong, even when they can\'t help me ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Andy
08-26-2003, 09:15 AM
Hehe Franki ... I prefer a support that I don\'t have to call in the first place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But I think it\'s neccessary to have a 24/7 service for all those AOL \"geeks\"... Yes Ma\'am .. but I checked the mail 2 times after the sound played, but the only thing I found was the newspaper and some flyers the first time I stepped out.

franki
08-27-2003, 02:33 AM
I feel kind of ashamed that I use AOL, but hey, their support is available all the time without waiting times and the price (€30 for DSL-flatrate) is OK too .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CJ01
08-27-2003, 03:17 AM
franki the DSL flatrate is the same price almost everywhere if that´s what you´re mainly concerned about.

franki
08-27-2003, 03:31 AM
That is what I meant to say. Before AOL, I was with Tiscali cause they were/are €5 cheaper. The problem was their service sucked big time and I wasn\'t even able to cancel my subscription. I just couldn\'t get a real person on the phone there and that made me so angry I got back to AOL..

CJ01
08-27-2003, 04:09 AM
I´ve never had to phone the company so I guess that´s why I´m not so bothered about it

Andy
08-27-2003, 10:03 AM
@Franki
Ever tried to cancel the AOL subscription ? I don\'t know how it is t\'day, but it was a hassle in the early days. Ok, it was about a decade ago, but that left a bad impression. They even violated bank laws (deducting money from the account after I canceled this unwanted money drainage like 4 times).

franki
08-27-2003, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I canceled it before I went to T-Online and (after that to Tiscali). Just one phone call to AOL and everything is fine. :-)

tallmacky
08-27-2003, 11:23 AM
Funny you say that Franki my girlfriend hates AOL so much, you know Germany has a lot of independent ISP\'s you have a lot of choices.

Andy
08-27-2003, 11:26 AM
I personally think that Arcor is still the best choice here.