PDA

View Full Version : CHECK THIS OUT

druid
08-18-2003, 05:29 PM
Hey guys and gals check out this page. it is about the offshoring of US white collar jobs.

http://www.geocities.com/wittcourt/ (\"http://www.geocities.com/wittcourt/\")

druid
08-19-2003, 04:57 PM
come on 40 views and no replies!

BUMP

belgareth
08-19-2003, 05:02 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
come on 40 views and no replies!

BUMP

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

There\'s not much to say. The basic facts are true and though worst case, the predictions could well come true. I did forward it to several of my IT and politically involved friends.

druid
08-19-2003, 05:03 PM
Thanks Bel.

Holmes
08-19-2003, 05:07 PM
Sorry I didn\'t reply to this sooner. Had to absorb it all. Depressing as hell.

Thanks for the link. I also forwarded it to everyone on my list...

Holmes

darkness
08-19-2003, 05:26 PM
i didn\'t read it, but i am a big fan of globalism. it will be the only way we get the othre half of the world to be able to get to make and recieve phone calls (from another post). The intertwining of economies is necessary if these third worlds are going to get access to health care, etc.

As our welfare becomes more interdependent, then finally those with power will change the political systems and institute labor laws so that the job market is not so crappy in those countries.

The average american below the line of povery has cable tv and two cars. This job market ain\'t easy, no doubt, but our standard of living is relatively good. SOme may say a job left the country, i say a job was created in another country.

Eventually globalism will topple unfair labor practices and raise the standard of living, because we will have vested interests, and we will also see untapped markets of potentional consumers if the distribution of wealth gets evened out in these countries.

Of course this is a long long process, but you got to start sometime. There\'s no reason people should be living in shanty towns when we have the means (technology, human capital) to give everyone in this world food, shelter and clothing. Now it is just a matter of getting rid of the corruption in political practices that messes up these economies.

druid
08-19-2003, 06:07 PM
\"i didn\'t read it, but i am a big fan of globalism. it will be the only way we get the othre half of the world to be able to get to make and recieve phone calls (from another post). The intertwining of economies is necessary if these third worlds are going to get access to health care, etc.\"

Read it then critque globalism. Globalism ONLY benefits a few, and those few are not the people of thrid world countries.

\"As our welfare becomes more interdependent, then finally those with power will change the political systems and institute labor laws so that the job market is not so crappy in those countries.

The average american below the line of povery has cable tv and two cars. This job market ain\'t easy, no doubt, but our standard of living is relatively good. SOme may say a job left the country, i say a job was created in another country.\"

Yeah and those cable TV\'s and two cards are probably bought through credit. And the average american below the poverty line probably has trouble finding a job, to say nothing of a GOOD job. And our standard of living should be good because the american consumer is expected to shoulder a signifcant portion of the world\'s trouble. I mean most other countries develope their econmies by exporting TO the US. So if the american consumer goes under so do those countries. WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE AMERICAN ECONMY IS GOOD FOR THE WORLD ECOMY.

\"Eventually globalism will topple unfair labor practices and raise the standard of living, because we will have vested interests, and we will also see untapped markets of potentional consumers if the distribution of wealth gets evened out in these countries.\"

Globlism allows multi-national corpations to EXPLOIT unfair labor practices. And once the living standards of a particular country raise the multi-national that was there will leave because the labor cost in that country will become less attrative. But this is only if the governments of these countries STOP their practice of discourging spending. And I don\'t know if you have noticed by with globalism the distribution of wealth is getting worse. In fact the page I linked to is ABOUT THE DESTRUCTION OF THE MIDDLE CLASS. I am pretty sure that those people won\'t be moving the upper class. Still the people of these other countries don\'t get a chance to consume the goods they are producing because they are being EXPORTED HERE.

\"Of course this is a long long process, but you got to start sometime. There\'s no reason people should be living in shanty towns when we have the means (technology, human capital) to give everyone in this world food, shelter and clothing. Now it is just a matter of getting rid of the corruption in political practices that messes up these economies.\"

Ok first off, the US government owes nothing to the people of other countries, it owes everything to the american citizen. And while the politcal coruption exists in these other countries all the jobs in the US AIN\'T GONNA HELP A DAMN BIT.

So next time someone talks about globlism TAKE YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR FU-KING ASS SO YOU CAN TALK INTELGIENTLY. OR YOU CAN JUST SHUT UP, because obviously you have no idea what ur talking about. In fact most of the sh-t u just spewed is what is often spewed by the CEO\'s and other select few benefitting from these practices.

darkness
08-19-2003, 07:02 PM
yea, we have credit ain\'t that great?

Multinational corporations simply have used globalism to their advantage. The act within the bounds of the local governments. The exchange of ideas and education between nations is the only thing that will change THE problem, lack of labor laws. If you don\'t like globalism, you can kiss that goodbye. You probably wouldn\'t mind either, as an American life is all you are concerned about.

Finally, if you are so concerned about American jobs, with multinational corporations acting as the devil as you seem to think, then start taking a look at yourself -- the all powerful consumer. Copororations behave in an entirely predictable manner, a manner based on consumer values.

You really want to perserve jobs here? Are you taking your stance and only buying \"made in the U.S.\" products? Any A-hole I have ever met who talks there head off responds with a \"well....uh\". Go around your house and check out where the things you own were being made. You really believe what you are saying, then send a message as a consumer, and only buy products make in the United States. Stop blaming corporations, they are only responding to consumer demand.

Keep you narrow-minded banter to yourself. We live in a great country, why not invest our ideas and interests in others so they can eventually give their citizens a chance to exist as we do.

Your complain about credit when some people barely have a pot to piss in??? sheesh...

druid
08-19-2003, 07:15 PM
what is going on is not gonna help the under privelged people\'s of thrid world countries. In fact they are being exploited. And last time I checked there weren\'t too many everyday goods being made in america.