PDA

View Full Version : Biorhythms, Compatibility, and...Mones

Holmes
08-18-2003, 03:29 PM
Okay folks, does anyone here believe in this stuff...the concept that certain people will be more universally compatible with others (on deeper levels) because of their personal biorhythms--as based on (or dictated by) their birthdates? And, further, that certain people (again based on the biorhythm/birthdate thing) can never hope to be compatible on a deeper level?

I know embarrassingly little about this topic, but a friend of mine just had to send me this link--www.celebmatch.com (\"http://www.celebmatch.com\")--for fun. So far my best matches came up as freaking Ice Cube, Meat Loaf, and Englebert Humperdink. Gah! (Should I ask \'em out for coffee? And what mones should I wear for the occasion? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

Could pheros help in an otherwise \"biorhythmically incompatible\" encounter, or are biorhythms just too strong a determining force? Or is it all a bunch of bull$hit in the first place?

I never really even thought about this subject /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif until I got this link. It\'s supposed to be light-hearted fun, but it actually got me thinking...

Any thoughts from you guys would be appreciated!

Holmes

Sexyredhead
08-19-2003, 04:17 AM
So it\'s basically astrology? Well, in my weaker moments I believe in it, but so often it\'s wrong that I\'m beginning to think the times that it\'s right are coincidental. Besides, if it\'s right, I\'m perfect for every guy born on such-and-such date as a really good friend of mine.
OTOH, astrology told me my ex-boyfriend was the wrong sign to date and we should just be friends. It turned out to be very true in the end. Coincidence? I dunno. Take it with a grain of salt.

I know a girl who\'s gonna be really jealous though. She just LOVES Englebert Humperdink. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Holmes
08-19-2003, 09:36 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I know a girl who\'s gonna be really jealous though. She just LOVES Englebert Humperdink. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

LOL. I must say that it was really the other two \"matches\" which were most disturbing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (And I didn\'t even mention my 95% compatibility rating with Ozzy Osbourne! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) Gee, I wonder how hoppin\' a pair I\'d make with Ernest Borgnine...? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

No, but you\'re right, SRH. Astrology has been inaccurate far too frequently for it to have much credibility (in my book.) Somehow--at first--I was thinking that this was slightly different (i.e. possibly more scientifically based?) But it probably ain\'t. \'Least I hope not.

It was strange, though, how major an influence the year (rather than just the month/day) was on one\'s compatibility factor. I entered in the year ahead and the year behind my own and, in both cases, the results were dramatically different--far more...er...encouraging. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Ozzy Osbourne! Ugh.

Holmes

CJ01
08-19-2003, 10:27 AM
Okay I just had a go at this and i have a question: Who T F is jordan knight??? I got 100% with this guy - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

and I got 99% with the women /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif and I don´t know who half of these are either. This stuff hasn´t really got much to do with astrology either, it´s just one of those things you do for a laugh. And it `works´ only if you live in the US I´m sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well it´s a laugh anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

darkness
08-19-2003, 10:36 AM
lucky you, jordan knight was the led singer of new kids on the block. COngrats!!! Millions of 11-year old american girls in 1990 would have killed to be in your place.

BTW, I got Giselle. Haha! And some other sports illustared model. Now i have a good pickup line if i ever see either of them.

Holmes
08-19-2003, 10:59 AM
Ha. Yeah, my male matches were pretty horrific (Adrien Brody and Harry Connick, Jr aside), but things were slighty better on the female side. I matched 100% with Cameron Diaz, Michelle Branch, and...I think Gwen Stefani. Virtually no compatibility with Pink (gee, that\'s a shame /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif). Very low with Britney Spears but very high with Christina Aguillera...go figure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes

Holmes
08-19-2003, 11:05 AM
Jordan Knight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And it `works´ only if you live in the US I´m sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, a lot of my high % matches were these Dutch actresses/models/whatever that I ain\'t never heard of. What up with that?

And who the hell (forgive my ignorance) is Kerry Hoskins?

Holmes

CJ01
08-19-2003, 11:10 AM
Jordan Knight - New kids on the block? christ that´s what I feared but I was hoping it was someone else. Besides, none of them still count as celebrity do they? Well not this side of the atlantic anyway, mind you, he could be a really nice guy - just a crap group /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
BTw I can´t get the `browse for a match´ thing to work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mtnjim
08-19-2003, 11:20 AM
I got Marilu Henner and Tanya Roberts!! (yummmm) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CJ01
08-19-2003, 11:22 AM
Who? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sexyredhead
08-19-2003, 11:27 AM
I got Kobe Bryant, Robbie Williams, Brandon Boyd, Jason David Frank, and Noah Bastian. I know the first two, but have no clue who the others are.
For women I got best matches Merrin Dungey, Amanda Schull, Jennifer Paige, Fernanda Tavares, and Vicki Zhao. I only know Jennifer Paige.

Holmes
08-19-2003, 11:27 AM
Ooh! Ooh! Lucy Liu, 97%. That\'s two Angels... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Holmes

Holmes
08-19-2003, 11:28 AM
I got Kobe Bryant, Robbie Williams, Brandon Boyd, Jason David Frank, and Noah Bastian. I know the first two, but have no clue who the others are.
For women I got best matches Merrin Dungey, Amanda Schull, Jennifer Paige, Fernanda Tavares, and Vicki Zhao. I only know Jennifer Paige.

I got a high rating for Vicky Zhao as well. Who the hell is that?

Holmes

CJ01
08-19-2003, 11:30 AM
What are these best matches for anyway? - mates, drinking buddies, sex...what?

DZorro
08-19-2003, 11:31 AM
As for Female is concern mine where interresting too :

Female
Anastacia 99%
Kellie Martin 98%
Natalia Sokolova 97%
Brunhilde Verhenne 97%
Victoria Silvstedt 97

But for male i wasn\'t really interrested Most of them are on known too me:

Giuseppe Andrews 98%
Evgeny Plushenko 98%
Jimmy Fallon 97%
Fred Durst 96%
Alex Greenwald 95%

DZorro,

CJ01
08-19-2003, 11:36 AM
I do wonder just how good or bad these matches would be with some mones involved /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Holmes
08-19-2003, 11:52 AM
Yeah, see, that thought was what prompted my original question. Let\'s say for a moment that this stuff actually did have some validity and your compatibilty with a particular person is supposed to be very low. Would mones help improve the odds of sustaining a long-term relationship, or would the lack of compatibility surface later anyway, after all of the intial superficial attraction has \"worn off\" (for lack of a better term)?

Holmes

Sexyredhead
08-19-2003, 11:56 AM
I would consider it to be in the same context as the usual mating game. Some girl may consider you really hot to look at, but she\'s not gonna want to date you if your personalities don\'t match up. Same with -mones. Even if she thinks you\'re great at first when you\'re wearing them, if you can\'t back it up with something that lasts more than the time to look you over, she won\'t want you anyway.

CJ01
08-19-2003, 12:11 PM
yep I agree. Most of us just have our standards and needs, not just in terms of initial attraction. Essentialy we all require more than that in any relationship - sexual or platonic.

CJ01
08-19-2003, 12:24 PM
BTw I can´t get the `browse for a match´ thing to work.

still not working, anyone have better luck?

Holmes
08-19-2003, 12:43 PM
BTw I can´t get the `browse for a match´ thing to work.

still not working, anyone have better luck?

Damn, it\'s not working? Hmmm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Seems to work here.

Anyway, definitely agree with what you guys were saying. Guess it is in line with the travails of the usual mating game, the difference there being that you would presumably be free to influence the longevity of relationship by simply being a worthwhile mate, whereas this thing dictates that there\'s some immutable cosmic \"force\" which sets the groundwork for all of your future encounters. WTF is this, anyway...\"Star Wars?\" (By the way...James Earl Jones and I? Not compatible... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Holmes

CJ01
08-19-2003, 12:49 PM
It´s working for you? Not for me? My god a cosmic force is preventing my browser from getting on with this website /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Honestly though, all I get on the result page on this particular section is this empty space where the image is but it´s not showing anything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Holmes
08-19-2003, 01:24 PM
It´s working for you? Not for me? My god a cosmic force is preventing my browser from getting on with this website /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Might be a disturbance in the Force or, perhaps, just a temporary glitch. Not sure what could be up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif That sucks.

Holmes

CJ01
08-19-2003, 01:29 PM
Yep, at least I want to check my compi with those names that DO ring a bell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sagacious1420
08-19-2003, 01:51 PM
I was matched w/ Linda Lampenuis (99%), Embeth Davitz (98%), Lee Ann Womack (98%), Sarah McLachlan (98%) and Lisa Nicole Carson (98%). The only one I\'m familiar w/ is Sarah McLachlan. I checked out the links for the others. I\'d love to test that 99% compatibility w/ Linda Lampenius. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sagacious1420
08-19-2003, 02:04 PM
OK, just checked the male matches...what the hell, huh.

David Spade 99%
John Leguizamo 99%
Edward Burns 99%
Billy Wirth 98%
Sean Michaels 97%

Holmes
08-19-2003, 02:37 PM
David Spade! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hell, that\'s better than Mr. Loaf...

I\'d love to test that 99% compatibility w/ Linda Lampenius. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

No kidding! Whoa... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Holmes

Sagacious1420
08-19-2003, 02:42 PM
Yea...I\'m a bit ashamed of myself for not having a clue who she was. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Damn, she\'s hot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Guess I\'ll have to start looking for PBoy back issues from \'98. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CJ01
08-19-2003, 02:59 PM
I´ve never heard of her, who is she?

Holmes
08-19-2003, 03:04 PM
What are these best matches for anyway? - mates, drinking buddies, sex...what?

LOL. I don\'t know...for some of my matches, I pray that the answer is \"drinking buddies.\" (In some of the cases, even that would be a frightening prospect.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Holmes

Elana
08-19-2003, 03:06 PM
With the exception of Lenny Kravetz, mine was frightening.

Holmes
08-19-2003, 03:15 PM
C\'mon Elana...you can\'t say that and then not share the details... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif (Lenny Kravitz? Could be worse, could be worse...)

Holmes

CJ01
08-19-2003, 03:17 PM
well at least lenny IS famous - not like the others ....

Holmes
08-19-2003, 03:18 PM

Linda Lampenius is a violinist from Finland. I had no clue who she was, either.

Holmes

Charisma
08-20-2003, 01:02 AM
Yep, at least I want to check my compi with those names that DO ring a bell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And good looking! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sagacious1420
08-20-2003, 01:15 AM

Holmes

I\'m w/ ya bro...but damn.....I\'ve never known any violinists like that.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Number0
08-20-2003, 01:52 AM
This is a very good one, and you can check on people you actually know:

http://www.setupgroup.com/java_biorhytm.php (\"http://www.setupgroup.com/java_biorhytm.php\")

(warning: Java)

blkgost
08-20-2003, 04:55 AM
Your best matches

Piper Perabo 100%
Kim Clijsters 99%
Samantha Stonebraker 98%
Kate Winslet 98% (wooohoooo MY HEART WILL GO ON!!!!)
Caren Meynen 97%

Elana
08-20-2003, 05:49 AM
These are my freaks....
Lenny Kravitz is beautiful! He is the only one I would be seen in public with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tupac Shakur 100%
Jake Busey 99%
Lenny Kravitz 99%
Travis Best 98%
X-Pac 98%

Elana
08-20-2003, 05:53 AM
and maybe Tupac Shakur /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
That would be kind of gross.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes
08-20-2003, 07:47 AM
This is a very good one, and you can check on people you actually know:

http://www.setupgroup.com/java_biorhytm.php (\"http://www.setupgroup.com/java_biorhytm.php\")

(warning: Java)

That is a good one, 0. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif There\'s also www.BioLoveMatch.com (\"http://www.BioLoveMatch.com\").

Holmes

Holmes
08-20-2003, 07:54 AM
Your best matches

Piper Perabo 100%
Kim Clijsters 99%
Samantha Stonebraker 98%
Kate Winslet 98% (wooohoooo MY HEART WILL GO ON!!!!)
Caren Meynen 97%

Awww man, Kate Winslet! I scored pretty low with her...dammit.

LOL. Who on earth is Samantha Stonebraker?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Sounds vaguely threatening... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes

Holmes
08-20-2003, 07:58 AM
and maybe Tupac Shakur /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
That would be kind of gross.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LOL. Tupaaaaaaac! (I wonder how we\'d all match up with Mr. Suge Knight...?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Holmes

Holmes
08-20-2003, 08:22 AM
Oh yeah... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif...for the record:

MEN:
Ice Cube 100%
Meat Loaf 98% /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Englebert Humperdink 98%
Harry Connick, Jr. 98%
Adrien Brody 97%

RUNNERS-UP:
Ryan Reynolds 96%
Michael Rapaport 96%
Ozzy Osbourne 95% /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

WOMEN:
Cameron Diaz 100%
Michelle Branch 100%
Gwen Stefani 99%
Queen Latifah 99%
Kristen Kreuk 98%

RUNNERS-UP:
Lucy Liu 97%
Jessica Biel 96%
Kerry Hoskins 95% /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Holmes

Holmes
08-20-2003, 09:12 AM

Holmes

I\'m w/ ya bro...but damn.....I\'ve never known any violinists like that.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Yeah, I know. I wonder if Bruce has heard of her...

Holmes

CJ01
08-20-2003, 10:09 AM
It´s still not working man. That image where the results show still won´t load. I know thers nothing wrong with my compu - what´s up??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

CptKipling
08-20-2003, 10:18 AM
Shannyn Sossamon 98%
Jelena Dokic 97%
Chyler Leigh 97%
Rachael Leigh Cook 97%
Alessandra Ambrosio 96%

Holmes
08-20-2003, 10:37 AM
It´s still not working man. That image where the results show still won´t load. I know thers nothing wrong with my compu - what´s up??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Damn...don\'t know. Server perhaps? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Holmes

Charisma
08-20-2003, 10:50 AM

You\'re not compatible <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php\"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=\"pollname\" VALUE=\"1061401858Charisma\"><input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"1\" />!<input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"2\" />? <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE=\"Submit vote\" class=\"buttons\"></form>

Holmes
08-20-2003, 02:55 PM
LOL.

Holmes

bsxs
08-20-2003, 11:10 PM
I got pretty well on Beyonce Knowles! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Number0
08-21-2003, 02:58 AM
Thanks. I\'ve seen that before, and it\'s good. Only that shows you compatibility only while the link I posted before shows you how you and your partner actually are at a particular moment. I\'m waiting to learn more about which -mones I should use and when I start using them I will keep a log with my biorhythm, my wife\'s, friends\' etc. It could be interesting to find out... But I\'m not using -mones until next month or so.

Icarus
08-21-2003, 03:21 AM
Mine seemed to revolve around foreign princesses.

Perhaps I\'m destined for nobility. AHAHAH.. &lt;sob&gt;

I also got Angelina Joli though, so if I got tired of nobbing with the nobs, I could just get abused at her hands.

Charisma
08-21-2003, 08:02 AM

You\'re not compatible <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php\"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=\"pollname\" VALUE=\"1061478122Charisma\"><input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"1\" />!<input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"2\" />? <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE=\"Submit vote\" class=\"buttons\"></form>

BUMP!

Come on, vote ! Vote!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes
08-21-2003, 08:34 AM

\"Vote baby vote/Are you registered baby...\" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes

Holmes
08-21-2003, 12:10 PM
I\'m waiting to learn more about which -mones I should use and when I start using them I will keep a log with my biorhythm, my wife\'s, friends\' etc. It could be interesting to find out... But I\'m not using -mones until next month or so.

Number0,
Exactly! That\'s a really good idea. It kind of ties in (I think) to what I was saying/asking. Supposing that biorhythms really did ultimately influence the course/duration of a relationship, could biorhythmic conflicts/discrepancies be smoothed-out or made-up-for by mone usage (in the long haul)? Anyway, yeah, sounds like you\'re onto something there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Holmes

Charisma
08-21-2003, 09:33 PM

\"Vote baby vote/Are you registered baby...\" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Holmes

LOL
I had a good match with No.2\'s Italian confidential secretary. Her name is Alotta. Alotta Fagina. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif