PDA

View Full Version : One for the moderators

CJ01
08-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Just a small technical question:
How come some users show up in the Who´s online section but others don´t show up at all? I mean where´s the difference. Just curious because I haven´t quiete figured it out yet and before I bust my brains I may as well ask /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sexyredhead
08-11-2003, 12:51 PM
On your \"my home\" you can change the settings so you don\'t show up on the \'who\'s online\' screen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It\'s in with the section where you activate receiving PM\'s, IIRC.

CJ01
08-11-2003, 12:55 PM
Yes I know but still, that´s not it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sexyredhead
08-11-2003, 12:56 PM
Well, who\'s not showing up then? I\'m not sure I understand the question.

And yes, I know I\'m not a moderator, but I\'m here, and bored, so....

franki
08-11-2003, 12:57 PM
Reddy Sexhead already gave you the answer. If you choose not to be visible like yourself or Elana or SRH, you are not visible. If you choose to be visible, like me or Bruce or Upsidedown, you are visible. It is that simple. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CJ01
08-11-2003, 01:00 PM
I´m not showing up as well as some others /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I´m being denied by the forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

franki
08-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Check again. I edited your profile. You are now visible! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sexyredhead
08-11-2003, 01:08 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Reddy Sexhead

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Hey! You\'re only supposed to call me that when we\'re alone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

CJ01
08-11-2003, 01:11 PM
Hey you´re not meant to mess around like that.

And yes, I´m smart enough to figure THAT crap out but that´s NOT what I´m talking about.

CJ01
08-11-2003, 01:13 PM
Hey! You\'re only supposed to call me that when we\'re alone!

Oh sweetie,we can let know know ??? OH you´re talking to franki - right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Oh dear, something´s going on in the atmosphere lately, phew /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

upsidedown
08-11-2003, 02:09 PM
Hey you´re not meant to mess around like that.

And yes, I´m smart enough to figure THAT crap out but that´s NOT what I´m talking about.

If that\'s not what you\'re talking about, then please try to explain again just what you are wanting to know? I\'m a bit confused and don\'t know how to answer your question. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Elana
08-11-2003, 02:10 PM
Just give her another glass of wine and call it a night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CJ01
08-11-2003, 02:28 PM
Okay this is more complicated than I had expected.

When you go to the `WHO´s Online´section there´s two categories: registered users and anonymous ones.
However, the anonymous ones also send PMs, check their `my home´ , replying to posts, how can this be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sexyredhead
08-11-2003, 02:30 PM
Aren\'t the \'anonymous\' people on that page the people who are unregistered, and are just looking? Therefore they have no \'my home\', etc.

CJ01
08-11-2003, 02:32 PM
exactly, that´s why I´m asking. It really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif me when I noticed this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

CJ01
08-11-2003, 02:33 PM
Just give her another glass of wine and call it a night

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif But who´s cumming with me to tuck me in ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

franki
08-11-2003, 02:47 PM
Aren\'t the \'anonymous\' people on that page the people who are unregistered, and are just looking? Therefore they have no \'my home\', etc.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> That is right.

upsidedown
08-11-2003, 02:51 PM
Okay this is more complicated than I had expected.

When you go to the `WHO´s Online´section there´s two categories: registered users and anonymous ones.
However, the anonymous ones also send PMs, check their `my home´ , replying to posts, how can this be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

SexyRedhead got it right. Ding ding ding ding. She gets 1000 points for being the first to answer correctly. The anonymous users have no My Home, and cannot send PMs. They are unregistered people who are just browsing the forum. They can only post in the Customer Questions section. Now, if you\'ve received an email from an anonymous user, well I have no idea how that could have happened.

I hope this answered your question. If not, clarify and we\'ll give SRH a chance to rack up more points for another correct answer.

CJ01
08-11-2003, 02:52 PM
Yeah but how come they´re ´logging out´and stuff? Makes no sense /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

CJ01
08-11-2003, 02:53 PM
And what about my other ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

franki
08-11-2003, 02:54 PM
When a registered user logs out, he becomes an anonymous user.

franki
08-11-2003, 02:56 PM
They can only post in the Customer Questions section. Now, if you\'ve received an email from an anonymous user, well I have no idea how that could have happened.

In the past they used to be able to post on the Customers Forum, but not anymore I believe.

upsidedown
08-11-2003, 02:57 PM
Yeah but how come they´re ´logging out´and stuff? Makes no sense /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I don\'t know. I think that probably just shows that when they actually log out of the web site. Some sort of residual trace of their presence here. I don\'t believe they were actually \"logged in\" in the same sense that they had an account. They were logged in only in terms of having just been on the site. That\'s my story anyway, and I\'m sticking to it until someobody puts me in my place.

And what about my other ?

I\'m afraid to even go there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

belgareth
08-11-2003, 03:01 PM

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> That is right.

I\'m not so sure. You see them logging in or out and looking at their home page. If they are not registered users, they wouldn\'t be able to do any of those things.

CJ01
08-11-2003, 03:03 PM
thank you belgareth, nobody else will believe me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

CJ01
08-11-2003, 03:03 PM
And what about my other ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I\'m afraid to even go there!

Oh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

upsidedown
08-11-2003, 03:11 PM
CJ and Belgareth.

Have either of you seen any anyonymous user actually viewing their \"My Home?\" I\'ve never seen that, though I could start watching for it.

belgareth
08-11-2003, 03:13 PM
CJ and Belgareth.

Have either of you seen any anyonymous user actually viewing their \"My Home?\" I\'ve never seen that, though I could start watching for it.

Yes, I have.

CJ01
08-11-2003, 03:14 PM
I have, I don´t always check the who´s online, but recently I have - just for the heck y´know. And I´ve seen it lotsa times, and hence my question,because I wondered?

upsidedown
08-11-2003, 03:20 PM
This may be a question for Bruce then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

franki
08-11-2003, 03:25 PM
I just saw an anonymous user view his/hers my home. So, Bel and CJ are right... I am guessing that is one of the registered users that is invisible on the regular screen..

upsidedown
08-11-2003, 03:32 PM
That would be my guess too Franki. I\'m guessing a registered user who chooses to be invisible shows up as anonymous when checking their \"my home.\"

belgareth
08-11-2003, 04:35 PM
Sounds logical

CJ01
08-11-2003, 07:35 PM
yep that´s what I assumed too, but I don´t show and I´m pretty sure that some others don´t either. So this is a little mysterious. I´d thought there was an obvious simple answer but alas...
CJ

Sexyredhead
08-11-2003, 08:03 PM
It can\'t be the registered users who choose to not be listed on the \'who\'s online\' screen. I\'ve counted who was online before--for example, if I knew Elana, FTR, and I were all on at the same time, and there wouldn\'t be enough anonymous users listed to account for everybody.

Maybe they are people in the process of registering, and haven\'t picked a user name yet, so that\'s why they\'re viewing their \'my home\'?

CJ01
08-11-2003, 08:09 PM
can´t be can it? You always begin registering with a username don´t you.

Sexyredhead
08-11-2003, 08:17 PM
I really don\'t remember, it was so long ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hmmm... Too late to wonder. I\'m going to bed. \'Night y\'all!

CJ01
08-11-2003, 08:19 PM
good morning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sexyredhead
08-12-2003, 04:18 AM
Good morning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CJ01
08-12-2003, 04:53 AM
Did you sleep well dahling? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
08-12-2003, 06:23 AM
Like the dead--but in a good way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Did you?

CJ01
08-12-2003, 06:30 AM
Not really, I didn´t sleep at all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Really weird, went to bed late and just couldn´t go to sleep. Happens sometimes. Got up at 5:30 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif but then I must have nipped off at some point for maybe 2 hours or so, woke up feeling really rough and bad because I wanted to use these `extra hours´to get things done.
It´s just one of those days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PS, I´m glad you slept so well did you have any `help´ at hand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sexyredhead
08-12-2003, 07:13 AM
Help? Well, not the kind you\'re thinking. Just a little clary sage and lavender in the diffuser and on my sheets. I finally got some more clary sage this weekend, so I\'m putting it to good use! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Icarus
08-18-2003, 03:12 AM
can´t be can it? You always begin registering with a username don´t you.

I think it\'s when you make yourself invisible, but also check \'no\' to the box below, that allows people to see the post that you are viewing on the \'who\'s online\' screen...

And good morning!

Sexyredhead
08-18-2003, 06:25 AM
BUT, there have been times when I\'m on, I\'m anonymous, and it shows no one anonymous viewing the forum. What about that?

Icarus
08-18-2003, 06:52 AM
I dunno....

Maybe \'invisible\' doesn\'t mean \'anonymous\'...

Perhaps users that have not registered/logged in appear as anonyous, and those who choose to be invisible are so until we look at stuff (if we leave the option for people to see what we are doing checked as \'yes\' in the profile page..

But I\'m getting confused now.

Sexyredhead
08-18-2003, 06:57 AM
But I\'m getting confused now.

Glad you could join us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Besides, CJ started it!

CJ01
08-18-2003, 08:08 AM
Check the `who´s online´ NOW

CJ01
08-18-2003, 08:16 AM
Okay, you missed it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

CJ01
08-18-2003, 11:17 AM
If you check this very second you see it.

Keep a look out for an anonymous user viewing their My Home.

belgareth
08-18-2003, 02:46 PM
Yup, just saw it. Even took a screen shot of it if anybody would like to see it. Anonymous user looking at their \'My Home\'

Elana
08-18-2003, 02:47 PM
I saw it too! I saw it too!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif