PDA

View Full Version : Exfoliaters

Researcher
08-05-2003, 04:28 AM
I need to get an exfoliaters at like CVS or a health food sotre or pharamacy.

Are there any really good ones out there? I know that may be a dumb question, but I just want to get the best thing. It could help get rid of pheromone build up.

I am not worried about one that makes my skin look pretty or is gentle btw. Also, don\'t they sell special do-hicky objects that you hold in your hand and scrub against your skin to exfoliate?

CJ01
08-05-2003, 04:46 AM
hm no idea if that´ll help phero build up. I like the exfoliator from Nivea but it´s not for facial use. PS it´s not good for your skin to use this stuff everyday btw.
If you do have such a phero build up it might be a good idea to use a bit less mones and trying to keep the phero level at a constant amount that´s still effective for you.
CJ

Sexyredhead
08-05-2003, 05:03 AM
Well, there are a few things you could use. You could take a dry nail brush type brush and scrub your skin with it, then take a shower. A few guy friends do this and they\'re skin looks great and feels great. I\'m not sure how often they do it though. (They get pretty dirty at work--hence the scrubbing.)
You can get an apricot scrub--in the bodywash section. It has little beads added in that help to exfoliate as you wash. They\'re pretty gentle too, but read the directions on how often you should do it.
One brand used to make a daily scrub, and I loved it, although I can\'t find it anymore, and can\'t remember the name. I know that helps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don\'t think there\'s really a \'best\'. As long as it helps you exfoliate, it\'ll work.
Just look for something like \'daily scrub\' in the bodywash section, or try the dry brush before your shower and see how that does.

CJ01
08-05-2003, 07:43 AM
What also works well if you just get one of those shower brushes with the long handle (SRH is that the one you´re desribing? ) and use them in the shower with your shower gel or without. It works well and doesn´t irritate your skin too much. I´ve sensitive skin so I try not to overdo it too much myself.

Researcher
08-05-2003, 07:49 AM
she is talking about the brush that you use to get the dirt out from under your nails, i believe?

I am going to just exfoliate on my neck, where i apply mones.

For the women here, how often do you use pheromones per week and do you notice differences the day after where maybe your nol converts to none and you are getting a different type of hit? ALso, do you avoid use pheromones simply because you do not want to be bothered with hits?

Sexyredhead
08-05-2003, 07:52 AM
No, I meant one of those wood-backed scrub brushes that you can clean floors with, or just a little nail brush, believe it or not. I guess guys must have thicker skin than we do, because that would kill me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif You can get the long-handled back scrubbers at your local Wal-Mart, usually in the beauty supply section. Or just use one of those scrubby sponges. It does pretty much the same thing.
I do have one of those back-scrubbing brushes, and I like it. It\'s soft, and there\'s nothing like a back-scratch to add to the pleasure of a hot shower! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CJ01
08-05-2003, 08:00 AM
back scrubbers -thank you that´s the one I meant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

If you´re just need it for your neck I´d just use a good old fashioned washcloth and whatever soap etc you have. That´s what I do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
If you´re still unclear about this come over and I´ll help you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Researcher
08-05-2003, 08:00 AM
they sell those woodbacked floor brushes specifically for cleaning dirt under your nails. It has bristles on each side, stemming from a wood block. Some of the bristles are harder, some are softer.

I have seen other exfoliater contracptions that i want to look for in stores. Then again, their always is sand paper.

Sexyredhead
08-05-2003, 08:05 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
For the women here, how often do you use pheromones per week and do you notice differences the day after where maybe your nol converts to none and you are getting a different type of hit? ALso, do you avoid use pheromones simply because you do not want to be bothered with hits?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

How often? Depends on the week and what I have going on and who I plan to see. Some weeks I don\'t wear them at all because I\'m not feeling sociable.

Yes, I have noticed differences the day after I wear -mones. Some days I get no reaction the first day from my regular application, but I get lots of hits the second day. Sometimes not. I guess it just depends on who I\'m with and what I\'m doing.

I know that doesn\'t help much, but yes, I\'ve noticed a difference. And I\'m not sure whether it was due to -nol conversion, or just the fact that some of the -mones have broken down to a more \'believable\' level. I didn\'t notice any smell of -none, and I\'m pretty sensitive to it.

Researcher
08-05-2003, 08:18 AM
i think by a day it will definitely become none. And you can\'t smell it when it gradually occurs on you. It is like people who work in certain restuarant kitchens of a strong smelling ethnic cuisine -- after a while they don\'t even smell the smell.

I think none on a female really draws men out, and that is why you are getting day after hits.

Nol will only make your seem warmer (which a lot of men like because they feel comfortable making a move if they are already attracted) but it won\'t make you sexier. None however sends I\'m in heat messages to men I think, because it is an indication your testonsterone levels are higher.

oscar
08-05-2003, 08:20 AM
Researcher,

I don\'t know much about the commercial cosmetic type exfoliators, but when it comes to contraptions or devices (and I do so love talking about contraptions and devices) I always thought that the loofah was at the top of the list for eroding that top layer of skin. I\'m kinda surprised it hadn\'t been mentioned yet.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Researcher
08-05-2003, 08:23 AM
what is a loofah?

also, SRH, i should mention that even if you seem warm, most men will not approach unless it is a social setting, so no hits does not mean guys aren\'t thinking you are hot.

Sexyredhead
08-05-2003, 08:30 AM
People usually think I\'m warm, so that\'s rarely a problem. And whether I get hits or not really doesn\'t matter to me much these days. It\'s just a nice thing when I get them. Otherwise I just go on with my day.
Because I use -mones, I tend to be more observant of what I get and when.

oscar
08-05-2003, 08:31 AM
According to this site, a loofah is a natural vegetable sponge. You can get them on a rope, on a stick like a backscrubbing brush, or just plain hand-held.

Scroll a little bit down this page:
http://www.squeakymonroe.com/test.asp?familyid=1007 (\"http://www.squeakymonroe.com/test.asp?familyid=1007\")

No endorsement implied.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Researcher
08-05-2003, 08:36 AM
oscar -- can you eat it? It won\'t disintegrate on me now, will it? j/k

SHR -- if you do not care about hits too much, do you wear mones for just one person in particular, and if that person is already into you, why even bother? just because they are lying around and you may as well?

Mtnjim
08-05-2003, 08:48 AM
\"oscar -- can you eat it?\"

Actully you can--if you grow them yourself AND you catch them young enough. They are sort of bland though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
08-05-2003, 08:51 AM
There\'s nobody local I\'m interested in, atm. And nobody I\'ve gotten hits from lately interests me, so it doesn\'t really matter if I get them or not. I like it when I get them, but I don\'t get disappointed when I don\'t. I\'ve got a lot going on right now, and I guess when it comes to -mones, I\'m just floating along atm, by whim.
I mostly wear them lately to liven the mood when I\'m going out, to calm tense situations, or just to suit/enhance my mood. And sometimes just to see what a particular mix will do on a particular occasion.

Elana
08-05-2003, 08:52 AM

Actully you can--if you grow them yourself AND you catch them young enough. They are sort of bland though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Great! Why don\'t you add a recipe for fried loofah to our cooking thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes
08-05-2003, 08:52 AM
www.body-systems.net (\"http://www.body-systems.net\")

Holmes

Holmes
08-05-2003, 08:53 AM

Great! Why don\'t you add a recipe for fried loofah to our cooking thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes

CJ01
08-05-2003, 09:07 AM
Nol will only make your seem warmer (which a lot of men like because they feel comfortable making a move if they are already attracted) but it won\'t make you sexier. None however sends I\'m in heat messages to men I think, because it is an indication your testonsterone levels are higher.

Actually -nol can make you sexier because -nol also signaly fertility which plays an important role.

none will help you stand out more if you have problems with people taking notice of you.

CJ01
08-05-2003, 09:12 AM
PS the phero that really sends out that `I´m on heat meassage´ from a woman is the copulins /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CJ01
08-05-2003, 09:17 AM
Ah another thought, perhaps the Isopropyl helps for this too, I mean if it´s just your neck, I have been spraying hte mones all over my body and hair lately /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Researcher
08-05-2003, 09:18 AM
lol...true. But i heard women maybe produce more none when they are in the fertile state.

One thing that annoys me is that soe, nol/rone, does not get me hits from women. I guess nice really isn\'t attractive. Well, around here it isn\'t.

Mtnjim
08-05-2003, 09:30 AM
\"Great! Why don\'t you add a recipe for fried loofah to our cooking thread.\"

Gag!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CJ01
08-05-2003, 09:33 AM
Ah I guess you do need to use some -none then to help you make your presence know and come across as a bit more masculine. In that case why not give AE a go it´s got all 3 pheros and it´s nicely balanced too I use too.
CJ

PS you are a guy right or not from reading your last post I´m not sure now.(sorry)

Holmes
08-05-2003, 09:33 AM
I think I saw an episode of \"Iron Chef\" where the theme ingredient was loofah...and I believe there was some frying going on... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Holmes

Researcher
08-05-2003, 09:36 AM
Ah I guess you do need to use some -none then to help you make your presence know and come across as a bit more masculine. In that case why not give AE a go it´s got all 3 pheros and it´s nicely balanced too I use too.
CJ
PS you are a guy right or not from reading your last post I´m not sure now.(sorry)

I use NPA/TE. Straight none (PI) does not work on me. AE, interestingly enough, doesn\'t either.

CJ01
08-05-2003, 09:37 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

weird indeed. How long have you been trying with the mones now?

Researcher
08-05-2003, 09:58 AM
six monthes. My real biggest problem is finding out how to get rid of none or npa secret ingredient conversions. it takes weeks to wear off even with scrubbing and showers, but if my skin is free of whatever npa\'s secret ingredients or maybe none converts too, then the results are pretty unreal.

CJ01
08-05-2003, 10:55 AM
My my, this is one of the more unusual `cases´ honestly, but I´ll be damned if we can´t help you find a solution of some sort.

From your last post it actually sounds as if you might be better of without extra pheros altogether? Could this be do you think?

Researcher
08-05-2003, 11:19 AM
CJ. Thanks. I think someone just needs to talk to Lacroy about the secret ingredient conversion. Drsmellthis doesn\'t seem to think none converts into anything bad, and I think straight none users don\'t haev the inconsistency problems that i do.

Am I better off without pheromones? i don\'t think they ever hurt me.

I think my case is very common, I just have identified it. Alot of people who have been using npa/te constantly waiting for results are probably suffering from the secret ingredient conversion, making post applications ineffective. You can\'t just wash this stuff off with a lot of showers and alcohol. It absorbs deep into the skin and I see the effects lingering for sometime.

CJ01
08-05-2003, 11:48 AM
It´s strange you know because I´ve recently been using NPA/w again myself. I´ve added some drops into a combo mix but I don´t seem to have these problems at all.
The only thing I´ve noticed is headaches and stuff but this can also be caused by one or two other things or it could be a combination.

I´m not so sure it´s the secret ingredients but I´m not a TE fan anyhow. How about sticking to the other products you´ve got instead? I suppose that you´re been trying the different ratios, amounts, combos etc already?

One important thing is that some peoples´expectations are just too high also. I´ve found that phero reactions are not always constant btw. There´s so many things to consider that matter a great deal in terms of `hits´.

You know, how a person´s feeling that particular moment when they meet you, whether or not they had a good day, the weather, god knows... you get what I mean right? Sometimes we just expect too much from others.

You say that when you´ve been wearing the mones and then wash them off you get good results - so how about trying this:
put your ppheros on, say for some hours or overnight even, wash them off ( without scrubbing your skin off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif of course)and see what happens. Just an idea.
CJ

Researcher
08-05-2003, 12:18 PM
i get good results not when i wash them off. I get good results when i wait a couple of weeks after my last application or when i have never used pehromeones in my life before (which can only happen once).

The results in those cases are the ones that you would assoicate with pheromones the way they are meant to be used: it is easy to hook up with a girl, girls talking about you, men joking with you, people asking you questions, people constantly looking at you. These are all strangers mind you. I\'ve basically tried everything, and NPA/Te are the only ones that give me this, and I can only guess that it is the none/secret ingredient combo.

In other cases of using my npa mix, i get hits, but it is nothing to the extent that i get with a layoff of a good amount of time. As a man, let me tell you, it is pretty damn empowering to be able to go out and have females across the room swooning over you. You can see why I am so anxious then to figure all of this out.

At first it was really confusing why I was getting such varied results. For something to have such a widespread effect on people and then for the same thing to have a much different result, it is very wierd. But, after staying away from pheromones for a couple of weeks and then use 3 dabs of NPA on friday, and having one of those nights, and then using 3 dabs on saturday (I scrubbed damn hard) and getting hits, but only to those with specific VNO\'s, it reaffirms what I began to realize after 7 months of slowly discovering why things occur the way they do -- similar applications are not similar, because conversion creates a wierd variable.

Thanks for helping me.

CJ01
08-05-2003, 12:49 PM
Whow. That must be confusing. Hey, yoou know 3 dabs of NPA is really a lot you know. NPA is one of those Additive products ie they´re designed to be mixed into your fragrance. Have you tried using less of the stuff?

Or you just have to live with the fact that sometimes the results can be great or not so great like the rest of us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

i get good results not when i wash them off. I get good results when i wait a couple of weeks after my last application or when i have never used pehromeones in my life before (which can only happen once).

yeah I got that, that´s why I made the suggestion above for you to try as an alternative. Oh and using less NPA of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
CJ

Researcher
08-05-2003, 01:45 PM
see i never relealized three dabs was that much, thought that was recomended. I\'ll tell you though, I sure as hell recommend it.

I\'ve tried stuff like one dab or whatever, mostly following other applications, but without much luck.

CptKipling
08-05-2003, 01:51 PM
I thought you said 3 drops, 3 dabs isnt so bad.

CJ01
08-06-2003, 02:15 AM
How about Attraction? If you´re so hung up on NPA I guess you´re just gonna have to carry on living with this inconsistency somehow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Perhaps an idea is to use the NPA for those special occasions ie parties etc and find another product(s) for everyday use? Not ideal perhaps but an alternative y´know `better than nothing at all´ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
CJ

CJ01
08-06-2003, 02:17 AM
PS NPA is highly concentrated so it´s meant to be used in small amounts. Personally I can´t wear too much -none anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Researcher
08-06-2003, 04:44 AM
i\'m working on the inconsistency. that\'s why i asked about exfoliaters. I am also pushing bruce to talk to lacroy about figuring what goes out in the secret ingredients conversion.

Perhaps they could produce a product to remedy the negative pheromomones that the secret ingredients seem to turn into.

Small amounts of npa don\'t get me the 360 turnarounds that 3 dabs do. Plus i think a lot of guys where 3 dabs of npa, but maybe i am wrong.

LadyWithQuestions
08-09-2003, 05:30 AM
Please excuse my dumb question, but what do you mean by \"Pheromone Build-up?\" How does that occur and what happens and how does one avoid that??? (I\'m still learning about all this stuff.)

As for excellent, home-made exfoliators, one of my favorites is a mixture of Honey, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Brown Sugar. Scrub all over the body (and/or face) really well and it works wonders. The EVOO and Honey are EXCELLENT for the skin. Give it a try and see what happens. It\'s cheap and easy to make in your own home. (Contrary to common opinion, EVOO does NOT cause your skin to break out and actually HELPS acne-prone skin when used appropriately.)

Anyway, those are my two cents....
LWQ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Researcher
08-09-2003, 12:25 PM
thanks. i will try it. i am surrpised i wouldn\'t get all sticky but i guess doing it in the shower would avoid that.

pheromone build up is the pheromones from previous applications that still have managed to stay on your skin or clothes. most of them convert (at least if applied to skin) to other things because of bacteria, but for nol and maybe rone, they convert to none. as far as what none, cops, lacroy secret ingrediens, A1, and WAGG convert to, I don\'t think many are really aware of those answers.

HEIDI
08-09-2003, 10:52 PM
I already have posted that on the main forum, but though i will post it here as well.

Do all this pheromones conversion and build up apply only to none and nol products, or apply to copuling products like PCC as well?

Researcher
08-09-2003, 11:57 PM
pcc, wagg, that is a strange one. it is harder to tell whether they are actually at work, period, so i don\'t know if a) there is build up and conversion (which I assume there is) and b) if that inteferes with post applications.

nevertheless, none is easier to OD on PCC is not, so it proabbly isn;t a worry.

LadyWithQuestions
08-10-2003, 01:38 PM
thanks. i will try it. i am surrpised i wouldn\'t get all sticky but i guess doing it in the shower would avoid that.

Yes, you would definitely want to apply that mixture in the shower and then wash immediately. It is actually BEST applied to wet/damp skin. So proceed with your usual routine: soap, rinse, etc. THEN stop the running water, scrub up really well with the mixture onto your already-clean, wet skin, and then rinse off really well. Follow with another application of soap if you want to avoid any Olive Oil residue, but if applied and rinsed appropriately, many people avoid using soap because EVOO is excellent for the skin and actually absorbs BETTER into WET WET skin. It\'s an excellent excellent natural moisturizer. Your skin will GLOW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks for the answers about the mone build-up as well. Appreciate all the helpful information everyone offers on this forum.

Always,
LWQ

Researcher
08-10-2003, 02:01 PM
can u tel me how much of each to use. are u sure evoo doesn\'t clog pores and cause breakouts? And i can use this on my face? Is the brown sugar something just to help get dead skin off, with no theraputic value, and if so what can this be replaced with?

LadyWithQuestions
08-10-2003, 03:31 PM
You can play with amounts to get the right consistency for you. Try equal parts EVOO and Honey and then keep adding the Brown Sugar until you get it to the consistency you\'d like......either watery or pastey.

The Brown Sugar is just for the exfoliating effect, but you could substitute Salt or other similar \"coarse\" ingredient.

The Honey is very good and healing to the skin and also has natural antibiotic properties. And EVOO will NOT clog your pores or cause breakouts. I know it\'s hard to believe, but when used properly, it can actually CURE acne problems for some people. (Of course ONE person\'s miracle can be another person\'s disaster, so you have to play around with it to see if it works.) People actually use EVOO as a Cleanser AND Moisturizer and it does work wonders. It\'s an excellent make-up remover as well. Do some online research about the benefits of Olive Oil on the skin. And you can also find LOTS of cosmetic and skincare products that are now taking hold of the concept and are making LOTS of products that are OO-based or enriched. One of my favorites is natural Olive Oil bar soap in the shower. Does WONDERS for your skin, but wreaks havoc on your shower and you have to scrub it every day. But it\'s well worth it.
Do some research on it to learn more.

When used as a cleanser, it ONLY takes tiny tiny amounts......DROPS of the oil........to serve your purpose. Just wet your skin well, put only 2-3 DROPS of the oil on your fingers, spread evenly over face, massage in really well. Gently rinse and wipe off with a hot, damp face cloth. (The heat and moisture helps the skin to absorb the oil as well as wipe off the excess that isn\'t absorbed.) Believe it or not, this even works well on OILY skin. Take it from your\'s truly, the QUEEN of trying every Oily-Skin/Acne \"miracle\" out there on the market! I once severly burned my skin (face) when trying a new \"super-acne-cure\" and could ONLY stand to use pure EVOO on my face until it healed. The OO healed it dramatically and left my skin healed and healthy again. OO is an excellent healing agent as well for MANY types of skin problems. It\'s just over-all GREAT stuff.

To use as a moisturizer, just soak your face REALLY well after cleansing, and apply ONLY 1-2 drops of EVOO to WET WET skin all over your face. Pat evenly all over your face and under the eyes (works WONDERS around the eyes), and let it dry naturally. The water-moisture will help the oil to absorb into the skin better. It doesn\'t sink in as well with dry skin. I have lots of friends that mix various amounts/drops of EVOO into their face and body creams/lotions, etc. Even if you only use it around your eyes, you\'ll notice a dramatic improvement.

As for clogging pores, when used correctly, it actually CLEANS out the pores, believe it or not~! It\'s truly an unusual oil. Contrary to popular opinion, even OILY skin needs moisture. Too often we work too hard to DRY DRY DRY it out, especially those of us with acne problems, but that only causes our skin to produce MORE oil to counteract the dryness......turning it into a vicious cycle. There are many various natural oils that are SAFE and actually beneficial for oily/acne-prone skins such as EVOO, Castor Oil (EXCELLENT for acne), and other such EO\'s. Although Vitamin E oil tends to have a higer fatty content and can actually CAUSE breakouts, strangely enough, so you have to play around and learn what works best for you.

Hope that is helpful and DO keep us posted if you try any new tricks.

LWQ

Researcher
08-10-2003, 03:35 PM
wow, the lady with questions just became the lady with answers! You seem really enthusastic about this. Can I just purchase a cheap olive oil since they can be expensive, or is there a type you recommend??

LadyWithQuestions
08-10-2003, 04:20 PM
LOL......Sorry for my exuberance, but yes, skin-care IS a subject I\'ve sadly become OVERLY educated in due to my own skin-care problems. (Thankfully I have found \"THE CURE\" for my own skin problems, but am more than happy to share my self-inflicted knowledge and experience with others who are searching or suffering the same frustrations.......solicited OR un-solicited....lol.....sorry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

Yes, you can buy any old brand of OO. I buy the regular store brands. Just make sure it is the \"EXTRA VIRGIN\" (which will be darker in color than the other versions).

Keep us posted.
LWQ (and occasional answers...lol)

Sexyredhead
08-19-2003, 04:43 AM
How often can you use the EVOO:honey:brown sugar exfoliator?

LadyWithQuestions
08-19-2003, 04:56 PM
As often as you like, but probably not recommended more than twice weekly.
HTH
LWQ