PDA

View Full Version : Guys Fugginaround

DrSmellThis
08-04-2003, 12:24 PM
http://www.msnbc.com/news/946836.asp (\"http://www.msnbc.com/news/946836.asp\")

proteus
08-04-2003, 03:39 PM
Interesting study - the discussion about female respondents responses going up when they were guaranteed anonymity puts a new twist on things as I\'d never considered this angle. From all I see everyday, I find women tend to be just as promiscous as men, and anyway who are all these men being promiscous with hey? But ultimately I do think promiscuity is probably genetically hard-wired in men - we produce how many million sperm in a day? Whereas from what I remember from biology a woman is born with all the eggs she\'ll ever have, about 500 if I remember correctly, each to be released once a month during her fertile years. So to me these numbers, at least from a biological perspective, speak volumes. Now don\'t jump on me ladies coz I\'ve always been monogamous in my relationships and always will, but perhaps what I\'m doing is the un-natural thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sinbard
08-04-2003, 05:36 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Whereas from what I remember from biology a woman is born with all the eggs she\'ll ever have, about 500 if I remember correctly, each to be released once a month during her fertile years.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Nope. Both ovaries contain a total of about 2 million eggs (ovum) - but yes, it is a finite supply.

CJ01
08-05-2003, 01:30 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
From all I see everyday, I find women tend to be just as promiscous as men, and anyway who are all these men being promiscous with hey?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

indeedy you got it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

franki
08-05-2003, 10:05 AM
If we take into account the fact that only a small percentage of guys gets to lay a lot of women, then my conclusion is that the average woman is in fact even more promiscuous than the average man.

CJ01
08-05-2003, 10:52 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif