PDA

View Full Version : Any bets on next years Tour de France?

CJ01
08-03-2003, 10:38 AM
So Lance Armstrong´s done it again this year. Do you think Jan Ullrich is gonna re-win the tour next year?
I got pretty cought up in it all this year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ToBeOrNotToBe
08-12-2003, 03:18 AM
I think Lance will win the Tour one more time.

CJ01
08-12-2003, 04:55 AM
Yeah well, chances are kinda big aren´t they /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I´d like to see Jan win again (my first choice) or someone else perhaps. It´s just too boring to see the same one winnning again and again (yawn). Cool for him though, he´s done so well and all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

franki
10-08-2003, 11:32 PM
I am the biggest Jan Ullrich fan on the planet, since 1995, so I really hope he is gonna win..

Ullrich moved

back to his old team a few days ago. I really hope he is gonna kick Armstrong\'s ass next year, after what

happened in this year\'s tour: Ullrich waiting for Armstrong after an accident happened and then when Armstrong

got back he (Armstrong) attacked right away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Franki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CJ01
10-09-2003, 03:14 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Ullrich waiting for Armstrong after an accident

happened and then when Armstrong got back he (Armstrong) attacked right away.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\"> true, but it was the other way around previously so we can´t knock him too hard for it. I can´t

believe Ullrich went back to fricking Telekom - they don´t deserve him!!!! But they got mucho dinero

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I hope he wins again

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

franki if it´s any consolation Armstrong is said not to be

very popular in France /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

franki
10-09-2003, 03:25 AM
Armstrong also waited on Ullrich when he missed the corner a few years ago, but that was nowhere near the end of

that stage. Ullrich didn\'t attack Armstrong either after it...

ToBeOrNotToBe
10-11-2003, 04:14 AM
Armstrong also waited on Ullrich when

he missed the corner a few years ago, but that was nowhere near the end of that stage. Ullrich didn\'t attack

Armstrong either after it...

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Franki, Ullrich did what he was

supposed to do! Armstrong would knock the competition anyway. Just remember that he falled once, almost falled twice

and even so he managed to win the stage (if I\'m not mistaken). If Ullrich didn\'t attack Armstrong after that,

it was because he couldn\'t do it...

franki
10-11-2003, 04:19 AM
No, he was not supposed to wait! Armstrong\'s accident was his own fault (he drove to much near the edge of the

road where all the people stood) and Ullrich didn\'t HAVE to wait on him at that time. It was only a minor

accident, whereas Ullrich\'s accident a few years ago was much worse, cause he drove in a canyon and everything

could have happened so the fact that Armstrong waited at that point was only natural...

Hope this makes

sense. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CJ01
10-11-2003, 07:32 AM
No, he was not supposed to wait! Armstrong\'s

accident was his own fault (he drove to much near the edge of the road where all the people stood)

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> He was also `cutting corner´ remember? He went cross country instead of

going back onto the road. That kinda pissed me of a little.

Besides, Ullrich was pretty sick during the tour

this year. So I hope that he will not have those problems next time.

ToBeOrNotToBe
10-11-2003, 09:59 AM
No, he was not supposed to wait!

Armstrong\'s accident was his own fault (he drove to much near the edge of the road where all the people stood)

and Ullrich didn\'t HAVE to wait on him at that time. It was only a minor accident, whereas Ullrich\'s accident

a few years ago was much worse, cause he drove in a canyon and everything could have happened so the fact that

Armstrong waited at that point was only natural...

Hope this makes sense.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Armstrong had no

fault. It was a child who caused that. If you payed attention, you would see that there was something (belonging to

that child) that got stuck in Armstrong\'s bike and the child pulled whatever it was. If that kid had left it go,

Armstrong would not have fallen.

And if that accident hadn\'t happen, Armostrong would have an even higher

advantage by the end of the stage.

franki
10-11-2003, 10:13 AM
The accident got Armstrong\'s adrenaline really going. Without that, Ullrich could have even won the stage.

Keep in mind Ullrich was 20 metres in front of Armstrong when the accident happened and the whole waiting thing got

him out of his rhythm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Franki

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ToBeOrNotToBe
10-12-2003, 04:51 AM

The accident got Armstrong\'s

adrenaline really going. Without that, Ullrich could have even won the stage. Keep in mind Ullrich was 20 metres in

front of Armstrong when the accident happened and the whole waiting thing got him out of his rhythm.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Franki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Franki, you are confusing it. Armstrong attacked and he left

Ullrich and the other main competitors some seconds behind. Then, he felt and Ullrich passed him and waited. So,

Armstrong got back in the main pack and then he attacked again.

franki
10-12-2003, 04:56 AM
Oops, I believe you are right about this, now I remember. Armstrong and the basque driver were in front at that

time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Still, Ullrich attacked Armstrong on the second-last climb

(the Tourmalet) and got a few seconds on him there, so it is not to say for sure if Ullrich would have lost the

stage.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ToBeOrNotToBe
10-12-2003, 04:59 AM
Oops, I believe you are right about

this, now I remember. Armstrong and the basque driver were in front at that time

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Still, Ullrich attacked Armstrong on the second-last climb (the

Tourmalet) and got a few seconds on him there, so it is not to say for sure if Ullrich would have lost the stage....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Well, I say

again: Ullrich did what he was supposed to do. It\'s called fair play!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif