PDA

View Full Version : Strong Hairgel that actually smells DECENT?

bsxs
08-02-2003, 09:12 PM
Everybody always complains that my hair-gel smells like crap. I\'ve gone from hair gel to hair gel and the string between all of them, is they all smell horrible. Do you know a hair gel with little scent or a good scent, that is also pretty strong?

Quorum
08-02-2003, 09:51 PM
Try \"Studio\" (Loreal), Mega Gel . . . haven\'t used it in a while (and so they could have changed the formula by now), but it didn\'t have any smell to it when I used it for years. Then again, Loreal changed the smell of their Studio Mighty Mist spray not too long ago, which now smells like a mix of perfume and vomit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Just make sure to open the cap before you buy & smell it.

Tremann
08-02-2003, 09:54 PM
Something new , that I\'ve been trying and like alot, is hair glue. I mean it depends on what kind of look you\'re going for, its a very strong, shiny hold, like your hair won\'t move. Dep makes one which is cheap( $4) and the other one which is even better is \"Ice Hair\" Spiker($13). You might want to give those a shot.

DrSmellThis
08-03-2003, 12:17 PM
I like Bumble & Bumble\'s stuff. The \"Brilliantine\" smells good -- reminiscent of -nol.

Icarus
08-04-2003, 10:01 AM
Stay away from Gels and Waxes... they may give you great hold, but they tend to leave your hair either shiny or sticky - and no women wants to run her hair through that ..

I would recommend Sebastian Xtah Modelling Clay (raw hair) as it gives fabulous hold, (that lasts) leaves no residue (hair remains styled but feels as soft as hair with no product in it) is easy to use and smells innocuous enough. (it has a kind of earthy, pleasant smell - only noticable if you really give it a good sniffing)

Only downside is that it costs £17.50... which I guess would be about... $28.00? Not sure.. but give it a try. You wont be disappointed.

Steve

Sinbard
08-04-2003, 05:40 PM
Just use lard like they did in the good ol\' days

Holmes
08-04-2003, 07:06 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Just use lard like they did in the good ol\' days

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Worked for Elvis.

Holmes

Icarus
08-05-2003, 02:34 AM
They actually used to use the juice of the lesser-spotted vole-rat.

Fresh squeezed is best.

So.. uh.. now you know.

Steve