PDA

View Full Version : Free weekends for computer experts->time for mones

MysteriousMan
08-01-2003, 10:04 AM
Hi,

so you are a computer expert and spend many weekends getting computers of friends to work. These friends learned that Windows is a good operating systems for games and learned some buzzwords like MHz, multi media, Word, but don\'t know anything.

Such friends are proud that they made a \"good deal\" when they saved some bucks und urge you to agree.

So YOU are wasting weekends because THEY think they \"saved\" some bucks.

If they get one game running, two games that ran before, don\'t run any more.

[The only really good investment they made is that they bought Liebermans \"Get anyone to do anything\" (you) :-)]

Solution 1) Claim you have a Mac at home and don\'t know those Wintel thingies.
[This is my favourite solution]

Now for those who claim to be computer experts AND use Windows at home. [No comment]

Solution 2) Let print some business cards where you claim to help cheaply with computer problems and hand them out to your friends. None of your friends will ever make you waste your weekends for their problems any more.

Now you have time for mone experiments at weekends.

And sorry to Dr. Lieberman.

MysteriousMan

MysteriousMan
08-01-2003, 10:29 AM
P.S.
Solution 2 isn\'t good for making money. This solution is tested and no friend will actually call you and offer real money to solve his/her problem.

The only purpose of solution 2 is to have time.

MysteriousMan

franki
08-01-2003, 12:21 PM
Hey MM, where do you live? I need some things fixed as well on my computer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MysteriousMan
08-01-2003, 02:07 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Hey MM, where do you live? I need some things fixed as well on my computer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
Sorry, I have a Mac /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Skyy
08-01-2003, 03:06 PM

Sorry, I have a Mac /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Its ok, I work 40 hrs a week on a Mac then I use my PC at home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I am proficient (sp?) in both operating systems. Ill see ya soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bundyburger
08-01-2003, 06:28 PM
MysteriousMan,

Brother, I hear you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Plumbers, electricians, etc get the same thing occasionly, I\'m sure.

It\'s not so much the friends asking for my help. It\'s the friends of friends of friends ringing up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ...and then getting shitty if you tell them you aren\'t doing it anymore.

When meeting new people and conversing, I\'ve gotten to the point that I never mention that I fixed computers, well kind of. Otherwise straight away you\'ll get \"Oh... you\'re just the man I need to speak to. Listen, the kids computer at home is doing this...blah blah blah\"

It\'s just f___ing funny these days. The guy who took over from my job thinks it is too. heh heh heh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I LOVE helping friends, and never used to mind helping the occasional other person, but do a good job and the whole world comes a knockin\'.

When you do a job for a (close) friend say \"Yeah, I\'ll do it. ...for a bottle of scotch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif\" ...or whatever you drink.

BassMan
08-01-2003, 07:51 PM
When you do a job for a (close) friend say \"Yeah, I\'ll do it. ...for a bottle of scotch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif\" ...or whatever you drink.

I am rather well versed in computers, recording, live sound, and a host of other related fields. My friends (and acquaintances) would never think of asking me to help without an offering of food/booze/money. It would be a total lack of respect. Methinks that those who feel taken adventage of should be re-evaluate what they project to the people they know (and maybe, wear more -none).

Bass