PDA

View Full Version : CD-Writer not writing?

Sexyredhead
07-31-2003, 04:32 PM
Ok, oh most knowledgable computer gurus. I have a problem. My HP CD-Writer 9300 for some strange reason doesn\'t seem to be writing tracks anymore. It will write a table of contents, finalize, shows the tracks are there, etc, but no sound on the tracks, no matter where I try to play it. I have both Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 and Adaptec on my computer. I\'ve tried both with the same results, so I\'m guessing it\'s the writer.

What could be the problem?
(Yes, I turned the volume up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Yes, I specified audio cd.)

belgareth
07-31-2003, 07:54 PM
It sounds like the tracking mechanissm is hitting a snag.That\'s usually fatal but you can try to clear it. Office and computer supply places carry a canned compressed air product called Blow Off (yeah, Yeah, don\'t want to hear it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif). Try using that inside the drive, it might help and is worth the effort.

Sexyredhead
07-31-2003, 08:18 PM
Well, to put it in better words, it lists that the tracks are there, I can play them on a cd player or the computer, but there\'s no sound. So although it says all the info is there, nothing\'s coming out.

I\'ve cleared my memory out so I\'ve got 1.08GB free now, and I\'m gonna try re-installing the software. If that doesn\'t work, I\'ll try the compressed air. Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

belgareth
07-31-2003, 10:09 PM
If you look at the underside of the disk after it\'s burned, can you see a change on the coloration in the media? So far all we know is that the FAT is there.

Sexyredhead
08-01-2003, 05:10 AM
Yes, I can see the change in color. It looks like any other cd after I\'ve burned it.

(Someone PM\'d me to say this was a smarta$$ comment. It wasn\'t meant to be.)