PDA

View Full Version : Fresh game

belgareth
07-30-2003, 05:08 AM
The inscription on the metal bands used by the U.S. Department of the Interior to tag migratory birds has been changed. The bands used to bear the address of the Washington Biological Survey,
abbreviated: \"Wash. Biol. Surv.\" until the agency received the following letter from an Arkansas camper: \"Dear Sirs: While camping last week I shot one of your birds. I think it was a crow. I followed the cooking instructions on the leg tag and I want to tell you it was horrible.\" The bands are now marked Fish and Wildlife Service.

Gerund
08-01-2003, 10:57 AM
That\'d be even funnier if it wasn\'t almost certain to be true.

The Montana Tourism Office once received a hilarious call from somewhere \'east of the Mississippi.\' The individual wanted to visit Montana, and wanted their visit to coincide with a \'certain event.\' I swear I am not making this up!

MTO: \"And what is the event that you\'d like to be here in Montana for?\"

Potential Tourist: \"Well, we\'d like to be there at the time of year when the Deer turn into Elk. We\'d like to see that happen.\"

<chuckle> I\'d kinda like to see that happen, myself.

belgareth
08-01-2003, 11:24 AM
There was an article in the newspaper many years ago about a game warden who came across a hunter in the woods north of Los Angeles one day. The hunter was cheerfully field cleaning his kill and proudly showed the \'deer\'s\' remains to the officer. Unfortunately, it was a cow that had wandered off a nearby farm but the hunter couldn\'t tell the difference.

Do you think they should at least test for basic knowledge before they allow some of these clowns loose with a gun?