PDA

View Full Version : What are the best subliminal hypnosis tapes?

bsxs
07-29-2003, 04:53 PM
So what are the ones that actually work?

Holmes
07-29-2003, 05:13 PM
Hypnosis for what purpose in particular, bsxs? Health, relaxation, confidence...? Dr. Andrew Weil\'s ones are quite effective, particularly one called \"Sound Body, Sound Mind.\" It\'s pretty ridiculous, actually. I personally don\'t buy some of that guy\'s views on things, and he looks like he should be walking around waving a magic wand taming dragons or something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, but hey, bottom line is his hypnosis discs work pretty damn well.

Also recommended are any of the CDs available at www.dicksutphen.com (\"http://\"). Again, the guy looks like a total New Age \"guru,\" which nearly scared me away, but, once again, his product is really effective.

Those are two off the top of my head. Again, what are you looking to accomplish?

Holmes

bsxs
07-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Motivation to turn your ideas into reality, make things happen.

Holmes
07-29-2003, 06:48 PM
I hate to say this, \'cause in a way it\'s so sickeningly pop culture, but the Anthony Robbins programs would be grrrreat for that. I\'m not kidding. The downside is that they\'re kinda pricey, borderline prohibitive. But if you follow the program faithfully, you would most likely be totally freaking amazed by what you achieve. So, I would most highly recommend his stuff, especially for what you\'re talking about.

Check out the other CDs, but the Robbins stuff--though not hypnosis--would be good.

If I can can think of any more good sources, I\'ll definitely post \'em.

Holmes

bsxs
07-29-2003, 08:30 PM
Hmm I looked at them, they look interesting. Another thing.. people think I\'m hysterically funny, but that also means people don\'t really take me seriously. I\'d like to gain the romantic \'heart-throb\' edge that of Nat King Cole or Marvin Gaye, does anyone know what it is that Nat and Marvin have that I can learn? Like how can I be a heart-throb, I *know* you can learn that personality.

Charisma
07-30-2003, 12:58 AM
Forget about subliminals, especially Dick Sutphen - IT SUCKS BIG TIME! Go for quality and proven results!

These DO work:
- Hemi-Sync (\"http://www.hemi-sync.com\")
- Richard Bandler (\"http://www.nlpstore.com/\") is KING - E.g. Personal Enhancement Series /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
- Paraliminal tapes (\"http://www.learningstrategies.com/Paraliminal/Home.html\")
- HPP (\"http://www.toolsforwellness.com/82021.html\") by Lloyd Glaubermann
- Paul McKenna (\"http://www.paulmckenna.com/products_paulmckenna.html\") and this (\"http://www.awakenthegiant.com/personal_development_68.html\") set rocks too.

And remember: there\'s no such thing as hypnosis OR is everything hypnosis?

Anthony Robbins is OK if you want to get yourself motivated, it takes some work on your part. The links I gave you are \"sit back, relax and enjoy the ride\" tapes.

Have fun!

Holmes
07-30-2003, 05:08 AM
Charisma,

I can only say that the particular Sutphen disc I got worked for me for health purposes. Don\'t know why. Thanks for posting the other links--they look great!

Holmes

CJ01
07-31-2003, 12:24 PM
bsxs, the best ones are the ones you make up yourself to suit your needs!
CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Charisma
07-31-2003, 10:39 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
bsxs, the best ones are the ones you make up yourself to suit your needs!

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
Exactly! And for those of us who don\'t have the equipment for this or who don\'t react positive to their own suggestions there are these excellent tapes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CJ01
08-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Ah but you don´t need special equipment to make your own, AND normally people react even better to their own suggestive commands! CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Holmes
08-01-2003, 02:31 PM
Very true. But then again, a lot of people cringe at the sound of their own voice.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes

CJ01
08-02-2003, 04:35 AM
yeah, so do I! But after a while you get used to it, especially when the results are positive it´s a small sacrifice. Plus, you can play them while you sleep -that way you don´t hear it. CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Holmes
08-02-2003, 07:01 AM
You\'re right CJ. And actually, I once went to a professional hypnotist and had \'em make me up a custom tape. The problem was, I found something about his voice so ridiculous that I couldn\'t listen to it without cracking up. Distracting as hell and certainly not very conducive to relaxation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So, to make your own tape, do you just record suggestions or do you actually use any special (clinical) techniques to get the listener (you) into a suggestive state?

Holmes

Charisma
08-02-2003, 08:24 AM
Ah but you don´t need special equipment to make your own, AND normally people react even better to their own suggestive commands!

Please speak for yourself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Btw, exactly! Special equipment isn\'t needed and on the other hand one still needs equipment (just like I wrote) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Charisma
08-02-2003, 08:36 AM
So, to make your own tape, do you just record suggestions or do you actually use any special (clinical) techniques to get the listener (you) into a suggestive state?

First one has to get relaxed - a suggestive state, an altered state of awareness - then do the suggestions, afterwards do a post hypnotic suggestion and get back to the normal waking state.

The thing what I don\'t like about making my own tape/cd is that I recognize the language patterns. What does work is that I\'m so busy with how to improve the recording (during the session) that the suggestions pass the conscious mind and go straight in my unconscious.

I don\'t say that people should or should not make their own tapes. Sometimes the voice of someone else will do job and sometimes ones voice works miracles too. I recommend doing both. Start with recordings by others, use it as a template to build a personal tape.

The tapes I refer to by Richard Bandler (The Personal Enhancement Series) contain also sound effects that cannot be easily created without the right sound equipment. On top of that is Dr. Bandler one of the best Ericksonian hypnotists (he\'s the one (of two) who originally modelled Dr. Erickson).

CJ01
08-02-2003, 11:04 AM
Holmes, the reason I´m saying all this is because I´ve tried it myself years ago and it really owrked. For some reason though I stopped at one point - god knows why?!?! I´ve recently took it up again though.

Now the good thing about this tape method id that you don´t actually need to get yourself into a `suggestive state´ at all!!!!

Holmes
08-02-2003, 12:05 PM
Sounds good! Actually I do remember reading about this guitar player, Steve Vai, who was auditioning for...Frank Zappa, I think it was. He had to learn all of these insanely complex guitar parts in a very short amount of time, so he listened to \'em while asleep! He said it worked amazingly well, that he learned everything a lot faster.

Not the same entirely, but the same idea. Guess it does work.

Holmes

Charisma
08-04-2003, 05:06 AM
Wow! I just finished listening to the latest masterpiece in hypnosis: \'The Sphinx of Imagination\' by Hypnotica and Denver Clay (who worked previously with Richard Bandler). They worked for six years on this CD. The CD is an exciting adventure of nearly one hour and is unique in it\'s kind. It\'s the top! Check out www.hypnotica.org (\"http://www.hypnotica.org\"), download the sample and hear for yourself.

Bottle
03-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Holmes, the reason I´m saying all this

is because I´ve tried it myself years ago and it really owrked. For some reason though I stopped at one point - god

knows why?!?! I´ve recently took it up again though.

Now the good thing about this tape method id that you don´t

actually need to get yourself into a `suggestive state´ at all!!!!
CJ

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i\'ve been

doing my own subliminal sugestions recently as you know CJ...and I will say it does work. I havnt been using tapes

though, but my Internal Dialogue, a repeating mantra that becomes background to my working thoughts as I go about my

day to day work.

tallmacky
03-15-2004, 04:24 PM
Yes, it

does work! (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=offTopic&amp;Number=113005&amp;pag e

=3&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1\")

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif