PDA

View Full Version : Question for the girls ...

Jones
07-25-2003, 12:03 PM
Ok. I have a question. There is this girl that I have shared a unique connection with since high school. It has been about two years, and our relationship has only gotten better. We talk on the phone and email constantly.

Last year on valentine\'s I sent her roses, but I would never reveal all my cards, the note was anonymous and just playful. She told me in an email that she got these amazing roses, and when I told her it was me she was really suprised.

My goal is to just plant seeds, becuase who knows if we will ever be living in the same area again. I figured this spontanious stuff would have some effect?

I plan on sending her more roses, only this time for no reason-maybe to just say goodluck in the next school year. Would that tug at your heart, or is there something more creative that could have a greater effect?

thanks

Sexyredhead
07-25-2003, 12:19 PM
Why bother trying to be more than a friend if you\'re not sure you\'ll ever be close enough to BE more than a friend? Leave it as it is til then, but I don\'t think there\'s anything wrong with sending flowers for a cheer-me-up or birthday if you\'re REALLY good friends. And not roses. Just keep the friendship there.
After all, what if she starts dating some guy, or you start dating some other girl? Would it not get awkward if you kept sending her the occasional bf-type thing, for her and her new bf or for you and your new gf?

Jones
07-25-2003, 12:58 PM
Why bother trying to be more than a friend if you\'re not sure you\'ll ever be close enough to BE more than a friend?

Becuase there is a chance!

And doing this perhaps may make her feel her current boyfriend uncomfterable, but who says he has to know. besides, she is not married. Why cant a guy do something nice for a girl?

BassMan
07-25-2003, 06:27 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Why bother trying to be more than a friend if you\'re not sure you\'ll ever be close enough to BE more than a friend?

Becuase there is a chance!

And doing this perhaps may make her feel her current boyfriend uncomfterable, but who says he has to know. besides, she is not married. Why cant a guy do something nice for a girl?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
You\'ve done the roses already. Myself, I\'d use what I know about her to find other things to send that show I\'m still paying attention.

That said, if you are _really_ into roses, check out this link and use them to say something interesting to her:

http://www.rosefarm.com/meaning-of-rose-colors.asp (\"http://www.rosefarm.com/meaning-of-rose-colors.asp\")

MOBLEYC57
07-26-2003, 06:30 PM
Roses are SPECIAL, and should be used sparingly. Should you just have the need to send flowers, send flowers. In fact, a house plant will do even better for what you\'re trying to pull off. She\'ll have to tend to it...with any luck, you\'ll be in mind each time she waters it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Just in case you really need something UNIQUE Signor Jones and any other male or female that needs to step out from the norm...the following is definitely a \"hard to beat\" item for ANY occassion:

http://www.timelessmessage.com/ (\"http://www.timelessmessage.com/\")

Just a good Mobleyetta\'s idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Hope this helps! From one of the girls - Mobleyetta /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

P.S. For anyone that writes poetry, I have another VERY UNIQUE MOBLEY\'S IDEA if you\'re interested. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jones
07-27-2003, 10:09 AM
thats message in a bottle site is cool! its not quite right for this sitch though.

She likes lilacs, but those are tough to get delivered. Does anyone know how long lilacs live?

thanks for the advice, that was helpful

EPMomma
07-28-2003, 07:48 AM
Flowers are nice, but as it has been said, you\'ve already done that. If you want to keep her interested, be the guy that always remembers important things in her life and acknowledge them with e-mails or letters.

You don\'t say how old she is, or how much of a sense of \"fun\" she has, but when I attended college 2500 miles away from my (now) husband before we started dating, he used to send away for all the little toys on the back of cereal boxes and have them sent to my address - it was too funny, and always made my day. He also used to find funny cards and wrote notes in them like \"I saw this and it reminded me of...\"

Flowers and candy are very BF things to send. If you\'re not making that move right now, I\'d send something a little \"lighter\" - if you know what I mean. JMHO.

Jones
07-28-2003, 08:15 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Flowers are nice, but as it has been said, you\'ve already done that. If you want to keep her interested, be the guy that always remembers important things in her life and acknowledge them with e-mails or letters.

You don\'t say how old she is, or how much of a sense of \"fun\" she has, but when I attended college 2500 miles away from my (now) husband before we started dating, he used to send away for all the little toys on the back of cereal boxes and have them sent to my address - it was too funny, and always made my day. He also used to find funny cards and wrote notes in them like \"I saw this and it reminded me of...\"

Flowers and candy are very BF things to send. If you\'re not making that move right now, I\'d send something a little \"lighter\" - if you know what I mean. JMHO.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Thanks you, that was real helpful. Your right, flowers and candy are a little to intense. She is 19, and has a very playful and \'fun\' personality. She kinda likes sponge-bob. I think the cereal box toy thing is interesting. Which brand were they and what kind were those?

I want to send her something thoughtful and special for her birthday. But its tough to do that without do anything to boyfriendish.