PDA

View Full Version : Edge Essentials Arriving very soon

Bruce
07-24-2003, 09:03 AM
Hi Folks,
Got a phone call yesterday saying the new LaCroy shipment was on the way to the warehouse (from the airport). Hopefully we will have it today. I am working on the website at the moment.
New stuff will be:

Edge Essentials: real essential oil blends designed by an aromatherapist to work with the Edge pheros. There should be 2 blends for men and 2 for women.
Snipped from an email from Daryn:
---
The 2 new men’s products are:

1. Arouser : Cedarwood
2. Heat : Vetivert, Clearisage

Women’s products:

1. Glow : Jasmine, Geranium
2. Tango : Ylanglang, bitter orange + neroli

-----

In addition to that, there should be the new jumbo NPA (10 ml)

Bruce

franki
07-24-2003, 09:25 AM
I am looking forward to the new \"Edge\". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

abductor
07-24-2003, 10:32 AM
At last!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
when, where? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DrSmellThis
07-24-2003, 02:44 PM
Both men\'s scents are quite nice, and use quality oils. I would recommend trying both for different moods, etc.

Bruce
07-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Hi Doc,
That photo of yours sort of represents the birthday of the Edge Essentials. Very fitting that an e-oil expert such as yourself should be there. By the way, I got a message from a forum member who seems to know about oils, saying that Clearisage has euphoric properties and advising me to issue a warning not to use it while driving! What is your feeling about that.

Also, the shipment is definitely in the warehouse. I am still puting the finishing touches on the web pages, but Edge Essentials will be on sale within the next hour or two.

Bruce

Bruce
07-24-2003, 05:34 PM
http://www.love-scent.com/essentials/index.html (\"http://www.love-scent.com/essentials/index.html\")

OK, folks. There\'s the link. Let me know if you find any bugs.

Thanks,
bruce

CptKipling
07-24-2003, 05:39 PM
Very nice Bruce!

Adios people!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Holmes
07-24-2003, 05:49 PM
Sweet!

Holmes

manchorito
07-24-2003, 07:48 PM
Bruce you\'re gonna make me go broke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, I can\'t help but order this (even though I half a bottle of normal Edge) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MysteriousMan
07-24-2003, 09:48 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
http://www.love-scent.com/essentials/index.html (\"http://www.love-scent.com/essentials/index.html\")

OK, folks. There\'s the link. Let me know if you find any bugs.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I found one: \"Copyright 1999-2002 Love Scent Inc\"

MysteriousMan

Watcher
07-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Good work, yeah the copywright thing is the only bug, really should update it to 2003

LadyWithQuestions
07-25-2003, 01:23 AM
Bruce you\'re gonna make me go broke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, I can\'t help but order this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sadly, I agree.....LOL. It sounds too tempting. I do have a question regarding the ladies\' fragrances...... I just discovered that I do NOT like the fragrance of \"Jasmine,\" and wondered which of the two ladies\' options smelled more \"refreshing\" or even \"fruity\" (like the PCC or PPA) ?? The Ylanglang/citrus one SOUNDS like it might smell nice. What do you think??

Also, how do the \"Aromatherapy Oils\" differ from the original \"Edge\" fragrance and are they similar to the scented mixing oils??

Thanks again.
LWQ

EXIT63
07-25-2003, 04:46 AM
Where are the Free Samples!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bruce
07-25-2003, 06:02 AM
LWQ,
If you are basing your dislike of jasmin on the IR oils, I wouldn\'t worry too much yet. That is a commercial replication of the fragrance and not a very accurate one in my book. When the IR oils first came out years ago, there were 3 options that were either natural oils or very good replications. These are the real deal, but I will hold off commenting until later today when the Fed Ex lady shows up with my samples. I\'ve only smelled them without the pheros.

I think the current scented Edges are a good effort for commercial attempts at organic fragrances, but they clearly are not essential oils. I went through quite a disappointment with the IR oils which I had originally envisioned os the e-oil addition to the Love Scent family, but a lot of folks write in saying them love them, so go figure.

Ylang ylang is a \"floral\" scent for want of a better place to put it. It is already known to many forum folks for its roll in the new men\'s Primal. I like it a lot, but it is not for everybody and as with all such formulae, it is not meant to perform like a cologne; the overall amount needs to be kept lower, almost like you would unfragranced pheros. Keep it subtle would be my advice, but others like DocSmellThis can advise better than I.

Bruce

Holmes
07-25-2003, 08:05 AM
Where are the Free Samples!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Word. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cannot wait to try this stuff!

(Now I wish JVK would come out with an essential oil SOE...that would be killah! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Holmes

DZorro
07-25-2003, 08:56 AM
I always got good results with The Edge, I\'m looking forward too the New Edge too.I have ordered the New Edge too.

DZorro,

Watcher
07-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Holmes you are onot something there, wheres the old bat signal to bring JVK out of hiding.

Holmes
07-25-2003, 02:53 PM
Holmes you are onot something there, wheres the old bat signal to bring JVK out of hiding.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ha! I\'m tellin\' ya, man. Hope this concept will soon be applied to other products soon...can\'t wait for that.

I love the sound of the cedarwood TE, but I wish they\'d also put together, like, a patchouli- or rose-based one or sump\'m... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Holmes

Mtnjim
07-25-2003, 03:10 PM
\"I love the sound of the cedarwood TE, but I wish they\'d also put together, like, a patchouli- or rose-based one or sump\'m... \"

OR, get the unscented and some EO\'s and \"roll your own\". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

blkgost
07-25-2003, 04:20 PM
Hey Bruce have you, (or anyone else) field tested this product yet??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tremann
07-25-2003, 04:25 PM
Since this looks like a very good product, and we\'re gonna get some good use out of it (I ordered some \"heat\" today).I propose the coinage of a new abbreviation. And since noone has said anything yet, I\'ll do it. We\'ll call it EE, sound good?

Bruce
07-25-2003, 04:30 PM
EE sounds good.

Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce
07-25-2003, 11:04 PM
I assume the guys in S. Africa have tested them quite a bit. Daryn made some comments in an email this morning. I have sampled all the e-oil mixes, but haven\'t actually had my hands on the final product (including the pheromones). Daryn says the pheros are a smell to reckon with in the final mix, so I am sitting a little on the edge of my chair still (no pun intended). Fed Ex was supposed to have my samples here by 3 PM today, but guess what happened? They got \"mis-sorted\" and went back to Hotchkiss. Isn\'t that something? How often does overnight take 2 days, and it happens to me? Go figure... Well, better me than you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif They\'re going to arrange Saturday delivery; no extra charge. So, I should have them tormorrow.

Bruce

EXIT63
07-26-2003, 03:29 AM
We\'ll call it EE, sound good?

I love EE. EE girls that is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif (Eastern European)

Charisma
07-27-2003, 09:32 PM
Good work, yeah the copywright thing is the only bug, really should update it to 2003

There\'s another one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Actually it\'s one on the homepage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
When I use the TAB key to go through the various links they turn invisible (not really - they turn white and cannot be seen against the white background).

Here\'s why: &lt;BODY OnLoad=\"checkCount()\" BGCOLOR=\"#0050a0\" link=\"blue\" vlink=\"navy\" alink=\"white\"&gt;

abductor
07-28-2003, 10:47 AM

When I use the TAB key to go through the various links they turn invisible (not really - they turn white and cannot be seen against the white background).

Here\'s why: &lt;BODY OnLoad=\"checkCount()\" BGCOLOR=\"#0050a0\" link=\"blue\" vlink=\"navy\" alink=\"white\"&gt;

But background in the table is Blue (BGCOLOR=\"#0050a0\")and Active Link is White. The alink change yellow to white when you use TAB .. just litte confuse when the alink jump to \"Order Now\"!! But the source code is OK! My sugestion is on Meta Tags ..The \"Meta Tags\" is used for the search engines to find one page in the net.. Well in this page are
&lt;META NAME=\"description\" CONTENT=\"Edge Essentials\"&gt;
&lt;META NAME=\"keywords\" CONTENT=\"Edge Essentials\"&gt;
Better is add pheromones after Edge Essentials like this
&lt;META NAME=\"description\" CONTENT=\"Edge Essentials, Pheromones\"&gt;
Then when someone searching for pheromones in google probably will go to find \"Edge Essentials\" page! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tremann
07-28-2003, 02:16 PM
Bruce-

In your last post on this thread did you say that there was a mixup in the shipping on the Essentials? Or just on the samples that you ordered? The only reason why I ask is because I ordered on friday, and have yet to receive a shipping confirmation e-mail. Thanks.

Charisma
07-28-2003, 09:49 PM

But background in the table is Blue (BGCOLOR=\"#0050a0\")and Active Link is White.

My clipping was a piece of code taken from the homepage, where the table background is white too: &lt;TR BGCOLOR = \"white\"&gt;

Bruce
07-28-2003, 10:17 PM
Fed Ex misrouted my package. They gave me free Saturday delivery to make up for it, so they didn\'t do too bad. Send me an email with your name and I\'ll look your order up.

bruce

DrSmellThis
07-29-2003, 06:35 AM
On clay sage:

Clary sage oil balances the extremes of emotions and restores emotional equilibrium. It alleviates melancholy and lifts depression. As a nervous system tonic, it eases fear and nervousness. Clary sage oil helps both men and women become more aware of their feminine qualities. It can increase concentration and stimulate mental activity without being overstimulating. Clary sage oil inspires creativity and awakens intuitive powers. Many people report that they have very vivid dreams after using it. Clary sage oil makes an ideal companion in times of personal challenge or change, especially when there is external stress and extreme pressure. In situations of midlife crisis, clary sage oil can exert a balancing, inspiring and revitalizing influence. In stressful situations, clary sage oil reduces deep-seated tension, slows a racing mind and calms nerves. By restoring inner tranquility, clary sage oil minimizes the debilitating effects of stress and stress-related disorders. It reduces irritability, anxiety and feelings of panic as it revives frazzled nerves. Clary sage oil can even create a state of euphoria, and many people consider it an aphrodisiac. European physicians and psychotherapists have successfully treated cases of frigidity and impotence with clary sage oil.

Reprinted from Aromatherapy for Vibrant Health and Beauty by Roberta Wilson

Personally I feel that, although CS has mild narcotic qualities, as do jasmine and nutmeg; the effect is very mild. It also might make you slightly horny, as CS contains several estrogen-related pheromones. Overall, I think the stress-reducing qualities are more likely to help your driving.

jose
07-29-2003, 07:59 AM
So has anyone in this forum actually field tested this product yet?

franki
07-29-2003, 08:04 AM
So has anyone in this forum actually field tested this product yet?

Bruce said something about South-Africans testing them out.

Other than that, how can anyone already have their EE? The first orders with EE were sent out this Monday I think... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

jose
07-29-2003, 08:45 AM
Good, I\'m looking forward to see board members post about the product. Looks promising.

Bruce
07-29-2003, 01:07 PM
Anyone get there EE yet? I have been using the cedarwood one the last couple days. It smells a little like pathouli but it\'s nice.
Bruce

camusflage
07-29-2003, 02:17 PM
Does EE smell ONLY like the scents listed, or are there others added? I usually will wear vetiver and clary sage whenever I go with eo instead of cologne, so that could work well with my oils, assuming those are the only two scents in there.

Holmes
07-29-2003, 02:20 PM
Do the EEs come in spray bottles, roll-tops, droppers...?

Holmes

Genome335
07-29-2003, 03:29 PM
Do the new \"The Edge\'s\" (EE\'s) have that same Toxic smell as the old The Edge? Thats what my girlfriend told me it smelled like, she can even smell minute amounts of it (1 dab) even when covered with cologne. Now she\'s disgusted by even the name Dolce &amp; Gabbana (that was my cover scent), I had to stop using it and dropped the The Edge. Bruce, have you noticed the cat piss smell after a few hours of application? (I cannot risk it because she gets really angry when she smells it). If so, this will sadly be a product I will not purchase.

SwingerMD
07-29-2003, 07:31 PM
Anyone get there EE yet?

Nope not yet. I ordered both the cederwood and vertiver/clearisage along with a whole bunch of other products late last Friday. Hopefully I\'ll get them tomorrow so that I can test them out down in LA when I go to Swing Dance camp this thursday. I just hope the Post Office doesn\'t hold them hostage until they can get my signature like the last few times. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

--------------------

<font color=\"blue\"> -SwingerMD </font>

oscar
07-31-2003, 01:55 PM
Bruce,

I don\'t know why, but I always seem to get my orders incredibly quickly.
I ordered Monday 7/28 at about 8:30 A.M. eastern time, and received my order Wednesday afternoon 7/30 by 2:00 P.M. using the $3.95 (cheap) shipping option.
HATS OFF TO TAMMY! THANKS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

First I sprayed a shot of HEAT on my left forearm. It smelled VERY lemon-y to me. A lot like the fragrance of some Lemon Verbena soap I got at Fresh Fields (a.k.a. Whole Foods Markets). I figured this was a good thing because with this kind of fragrance the stuff would surely blend in nicely with my Green Irish Tweed, one of whose ingredients is Lemon Verbena. I\'m not at all familiar with the individual scents of Vetivert or Clary Sage, but I would say the predominant note here is VERY lemon-like.

On my right forearm I sprayed a shot of AROUSER. WHOA! Strong fragrance! Very familiar too. Smells a whole lot like scented Attraction in my opinion. Suddenly realized that while Attraction supposedly has a Sandalwood scent, it didn\'t smell like any Sandalwood I\'d ever smelled. Much stronger and spicier a wood scent. So if this stuff (EEa) IS in fact what Cedarwood is supposed to smell like, then I\'m guessing that the Attraction people have got their fragrances skewed.

The Cedarwood scent is very strong and appears to provide quite adequate cover for the pheros in EEa. It\'s got some serious lasting power too.
This begs the question: Why doesn\'t LaCroy increase the Sandalwood content of TE(s) so that ITS pheros are sufficiently covered by the accompanying fragrance? At present the Sandalwood is quite pleasant, but falls a bit short on its ability to fully cover the phero content over the long run.

How about it Bruce? EE Sandalwood? It would probably only require increasing the fragrance content of the present product by 50% or so. Maybe even less than 50%.

No one should have to worry about needing an additional cover scent when using the two men\'s Edge Essentials, but for those who DO have a favorite cologne they wish to combine with these products, they might want to check www.Basenotes.com (\"http://www.Basenotes.com\") to see if one or more of the notes in their scent is compatible with either of the EE products before choosing between the two.

All in all, I think LaCroy did a nice job coming up with these new products.
Looking forward to putting them to a field test as soon as possible.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ShyGuy
08-10-2003, 04:28 PM
No one should have to worry about needing an additional cover scent when using the two men\'s Edge Essentials, but for those who DO have a favorite cologne they wish to combine with these products, they might want to check www.Basenotes.com (\"http://www.Basenotes.com\") to see if one or more of the notes in their scent is compatible with either of the EE products before choosing between the two.

Could someone tell me more about how to find out if the scents are compatible? If the cologne contains cedarwood does that mean it will be compatible with the cedarwood EE?

Looking at my colognes on basenotes, three of them contains cedarwood as a base note: Boss, Céline and Le Male. So does this mean that they would mix well with the cedarwood EE?

Boss and Céline also contains vetivert, but not clearisage. Would they be compatible with the vetivert and clearisage EE?