PDA

View Full Version : Skin Irritation........Please Help........

LadyWithQuestions
07-23-2003, 06:58 AM
I\'ve been experimenting with my new products:

PI/w
PCC
Juniper Berry Oil

All the products are wonderful, and I\'ve definitely started to notice changes in attitude and demeanor from the surrounding male population. Chattiness, more stares, friendliness, and even flirting. (Makes dealing with my patients ALOT more fun, easy, and comfortable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Anyway, I\'ve had problems with skin irritation wherever I apply the products.....whether alone individually or mixed together. I\'ve never had skin reactions before to products, and wondered if anyone else has this problem and how they solved it ??

When I apply the products to any of these areas, they will start to itch (and sometimes burn) very soon thereafer: Behind ears, Neck, Cleavage, Inside Elbows, Wrists, Undersides of lower arms. Those are the only places I\'ve applied them so far. (Nothing more embarrassing than trying to \"descreetly\" scratch your cleavage in public.......LOL.)

Any thoughts or suggestions? I\'m really sad about this because I\'m really liking the products and definitely plan on continuing. I just made another purchase from Bruce for more scented oils and for the newer product PPA. (Looks/Sounds/Smells interesting.....*Smile*) So am hoping for some good ideas, suggestions, experiences from others.

Thanks again to everyone and especially to Bruce!
LWQ

Sexyredhead
07-23-2003, 08:40 AM
If I remember correctly, FTR used to say she had to vary the places she put her AEw (I think that was the one) because if she put it in the same place more than once or twice, it would get irritated.

I\'m not really sure what to tell you. Maybe do a search for all the forums on \"irritation\" because I know it\'s been mentioned before. Also, it may do better if you spread it out a bit, in some lotion. Put some lotion in a little bowl and add your usual amt of -mones to it. Mix it up really well and put a little on the inside of your arm, to see if that will cause a reaction. Don\'t go spreading it all over first thing, in case you end up giving yourself a rash all over. Are you by chance allergic to any of the oils in it, I wonder?

dondk
07-23-2003, 08:59 AM
Sorry to chime in on a women\'s discussion.. I had the same problem with SOE gel applied to my forearms.. Burning followed by itching that lasted about 3 days before subsiding.

My only thought is the fragrance.. oil\'s are oil, and alcohol is an alcohol they generically the same as any other oil or alcohol.

Fragrances though derived from many different organic substances, and any one of them can give you an adverse reaction.

my .02 cents...

Elana
07-23-2003, 09:06 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Sorry to chime in on a women\'s discussion..

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

You are always welcome here.......as long as you agree with us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sexyredhead
07-23-2003, 10:29 AM
The reason I wonder if it may be the oils is because PIw has NO fragrance. And she says she\'s getting that reaction with all of them.

LadyWithQuestions
07-23-2003, 11:45 AM
The reason I wonder if it may be the oils is because PIw has NO fragrance. And she says she\'s getting that reaction with all of them.

You\'re right. I applied PI/w alone, by itself behind my ears, neck, and inner elbows. All those areas itched ALOT and it was very annoying. No rashes, but just itching. I had the same reaction when I rolled the PCC behind my ears, along the undersides of my forearms, and across my neck. The only one that DOESN\'T give me that reaction is the Juniper Berry scented oil.

LWQ

Sexyredhead
07-23-2003, 11:48 AM
That almost sounds like you might be having a reaction to the copulins, since they\'re in both the PIw and the PCC, but not the juniper SPMO. I hope that\'s not it though, and it seems counterintuitive that you\'d have a reaction to something your body produces naturally, albeit in smaller amounts.

Hey, how does the juniper berry smell? I like the Juniper breeze stuff from Bath &amp; Body Works. It is anything like that?

LadyWithQuestions
07-23-2003, 11:52 AM

Hey, how does the juniper berry smell? I like the Juniper breeze stuff from Bath &amp; Body Works. It is anything like that?

I don\'t know how the B&amp;BW Juniper Breeze smells, but I LOVE the fragrance of the Juniper Berry scented oil from Love-Scent. It\'s really soft and light and fresh with a hint of \"fruity-ness\" as well, which I really like. I\'ve also just ordered the oils in Lavender and Jasmine and can\'t wait to try those as well.

I HOPE my irritation isn\'t from the copulins~! Yikes~! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Sexyredhead
07-23-2003, 11:56 AM
I LOVE the lavender -nol (SPMO). I haven\'t heard too much about the jasmine. The citrus is yummy too. Kinda reminds me of lemongrass. Great for summer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif