PDA

View Full Version : Driclor masking signature

Sinbard
07-21-2003, 11:46 AM
Something occured to me today whilst I was wondering why I\'ve been having so much success with 6+ drops AE/m, when everyone (except CptKip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) has been saying it\'s way into OD territory.

I remembered that I use a prescription treatment for Hyperhidrosis (excess perspiration) called Driclor (contains Aluminium Chloride Hexahydrate Ph. Eur. 20% w/w)

I swear by this stuff, as I only have to apply it to my armpits once a week and I totally stop sweating from my pits. Even after an extensive 2hr mixed cardio/free-weights session at the gym, I\'m sweating everywhere else - but my pits are like the sahara desert.

Q1. Now, do you think this could be totally masking a sizable proportion of my natural pheromone signature?

Q2. Could this be why since I\'ve started using the Driclor I\'ve been in a bit of a babe-drought? Never really have probs with women usually, just lately

Q3. And the high dosage of AE/m I\'m using is replacing the natural mones I\'m inhibiting, and maybe adding a little extra?

Any expert opinions appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CptKipling
07-21-2003, 11:54 AM
I would say yes to all your questions. Your pits are where the majority of your mones are produced.

Sinbard
07-21-2003, 11:56 AM
Argh, not the answer I was hoping for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Time to seriously reconsider the Driclor position, damnit - it\'s such convienient stuff too

Cheers CK

franki
07-21-2003, 12:02 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />

Q3. And the high dosage of AE/m I\'m using is replacing the natural mones I\'m inhibiting, and maybe adding a little extra?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

No. Well, you only replace the -NONE, -NOL and -RONE, but not all the other natural pheromones you normally produce, I guess.

Sinbard
07-21-2003, 12:07 PM
Well, I\'m trying to put a positive spin to this in my head - I\'d hate to stop using the Driclor now, as it\'s a dream come true (to forgetful ol\' me).

Maybe I can look at it as I\'m starting with a *properly* clean slate - any pheros I apply won\'t have to contend or compliment with my natural signature as much as normal? Hmm

camusflage
07-21-2003, 12:09 PM
This link (\"http://home.howstuffworks.com/question627.htm\") has an interesting take on antiperspirants. It looks like, based on your description of the stuff, that prologed usage may have permanent effects...

To answer your questions: 1) Most certainly. 2) Possibly, but not likely, given use of exogenous pheros. 3) More than replacing.

Charisma
07-21-2003, 12:10 PM
Does this aply to all deodorants that are anti-perspirant?

Sinbard
07-21-2003, 12:14 PM
Does this aply to all deodorants that are anti-perspirant?

Well, all anti-perspirants are based on Aluminium compounds - the most potent compound is the Aluminium Chloride Hexahydratre, and at the concentrations found in Driclor, it\'s powerful enough to be prescription only. Suppose the answer to your question is yes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sinbard
07-21-2003, 12:16 PM
This link (\"http://home.howstuffworks.com/question627.htm\") has an interesting take on antiperspirants. It looks like, based on your description of the stuff, that prologed usage may have permanent effects...

To answer your questions: 1) Most certainly. 2) Possibly, but not likely, given use of exogenous pheros. 3) More than replacing.

Cheers - the link from that page to American Cancer Society has me a bit worried. /me googles for more info

Charisma
07-21-2003, 12:21 PM
Yep, I\'ve been googling as well:

Conclusion from some research: antiperspirants seem to encourage bacterial growth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Check this (\"http://members.aol.com/ScienzFair/deodornt.htm\") out.

DrSmellThis
07-21-2003, 01:12 PM
Try:

...taking a sauna once a week (at least 30 min) for a few months, and making sure you take a multimineral supplement. Stop wearing antiperspirants/deodorants altogether. Use sandalwood essential oil instead (my fave, a drop under each pit), or amber/patchouli 2:1. Just let your body sweat as it will, but manage the stink with the EO\'s. Eventually your body might work through it. I used to \"need\" deodorant/AP to not stink, but now I use neither.

CptKipling
07-21-2003, 02:22 PM
2) Possibly, but not likely, given use of exogenous pheros.

Remember that this product will block most of the release of natural pheromones, and then think about the reactions we see when applying synthetics. These pheromones seem to be the primary excitment mones, so without them picking up women would be a problem. Applying mones from LS will only solve half the problem, so try the Doc\'s advice.

metroman
07-21-2003, 02:58 PM
Doc, Where do you get your Sandalwood EO? Can you recommend a website...I\'m all the way in NY.

Sinbard
07-21-2003, 04:02 PM
Cheers DRST - going to quit the Driclor, but I fear with my workout regime (between 5 to 7 2hr cardio and freeweight splits each week ) I\'m going to reek to high heaven at the gym as I do actually suffer from mild hyperhidrosis.

I do however already use the sauna on a regular basis (3 to 5 times a week)