PDA

View Full Version : Amouage Gold/M or Amouage Dia/m

proteus
07-20-2003, 07:27 PM
For those who\'ve tried these fragrances, which (from your observations) produce more positive responses in the ladies. I\'ve tried samples of both and like Amouage Dia, but what I like is not important - I didn\'t have enough to test responses from the ladies so figured I\'d try to find out which you find works better. I\'m thinking about purchasing one of them in the next week or so and since it\'s so expensive, want to get the best bang for my buck. Hope y\'all can help. Thanks.

manchorito
07-20-2003, 07:41 PM
I never thought Gold smelled all that good, not nearly as good as what the people in the forum say. I asked this girl who I had gotten to be good friends with if it was smelled good, and she said it smelled like baby powder, my sister said that too. I wore Dia and that same girl said I smelled really good the next day. But CIEL is the best out of them all. Get a sample of that, it is light yet masculine. It is the best Amouage has to offer. If you don\'t get Ciel, I suggest Dia, which has gotten me more of a response. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

proteus
07-21-2003, 01:00 AM
Thanks for your input Manchorito. I\'ll probably get Dia then and perhaps ask them if they can send me a sample of Ciel. Thanks again!

CptKipling
07-21-2003, 02:33 AM
Dia and Ciel are different, there really is no better. Ciel, as you say, is much lighter and fresh.

As for Gold, it isnt to my taste, it doesnt work on my skin, and i dont thinkit suites my life style. It does smell a lot like baby powder...

However, there is no discernable difference in the reactions apart from those due to scent preference.

MaxiMog
07-21-2003, 03:10 AM
Ciel is good, but not worth the ~$140 IMO: it has NO LASTING POWER! It\'s gone mostly within an hour or three, four. Dia and Gold last a lot longer.

EXIT63
07-21-2003, 05:08 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Dia and Ciel are different, there really is no better. Ciel, as you say, is much lighter and fresh.

As for Gold, it isnt to my taste, it doesnt work on my skin, and i dont thinkit suites my life style. It does smell a lot like baby powder...

However, there is no discernable difference in the reactions apart from those due to scent preference.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

what he said

Holmes
07-21-2003, 05:42 AM
Where can you order the Amouage samples?

EXIT63
07-21-2003, 05:54 AM
www.amouage.com (\"http://www.amouage.com\")

Write to Wendy.

Holmes
07-21-2003, 06:19 AM
Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

manchorito
07-21-2003, 11:26 AM
Seriously get Dia, Gold smells like baby powder...period /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

franki
07-21-2003, 11:28 AM
Women like baby powder. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

LatentOne
07-21-2003, 06:06 PM

I\'m sure it stirs their maternal instincts....if that\'s what you\'re going for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

manchorito
07-21-2003, 06:09 PM
Hell no, I don\'t want kids /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CptKipling
07-22-2003, 03:57 PM
Philistines...

You dont get it, some women really like the baby powder smell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Holmes
07-22-2003, 04:18 PM
Philistines...

You dont get it, some women really like the baby powder smell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LOL. Actually, I\'ve used the Heliotrope fragrance (baby powder, basically) from Demeter on occasion and gotten great reactions/compliments from it.

Holmes

manchorito
07-22-2003, 04:40 PM
I dunno, I have had a couple chicks tell me they don\'t like gold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EXIT63
07-23-2003, 05:17 AM
I believe the Doctor said, (I\'m sure he\'ll correct me if I\'m wrong), that Gold had the highest phero content. That doesn\'t mean that everyone is gonna like the smell of it.

Personally, I think Dia, Ciel, and Silver all smell better than Gold. But they don\'t have as many pheros.

MysteriousMan
07-23-2003, 10:01 AM
Philistines...

Some times ago I read that babies produce pheromones that let women go nuts. Do you know these pheromones? Have men - in the name of science /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif - tested these mones? Especially when you have the flu and want more care than sex?

DrSmellThis
07-23-2003, 02:00 PM
I got laid and hit on well and often using the gold. One of my best hits was using the women\'s formula (but letting the girlie part of the smell fade for 30 minutes before going out).

BassMan
07-24-2003, 11:26 AM

I\'m sure it stirs their maternal instincts....if that\'s what you\'re going for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Beyond the maternal stuff... Baby powder and Amouage Gold are strongly scented with rose. Rose (especially the natural scent) is one of the most powerful sexual attractants.

manchorito
07-24-2003, 07:50 PM
Would getting the rose scented SPO be a good idea, especially on Valentine\'s Day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BassMan
07-25-2003, 09:41 AM
Would getting the rose scented SPO be a good idea, especially on Valentine\'s Day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Some people are allergic to artifical rose scent - the usual symptom is headache. I haven\'t smelled the one here, but at the price, it\'s gotta be artificial. You might get a bottle of rose EO - usually 5% in carrier oil. Rose is pretty strong.

MaxiMog
07-25-2003, 01:45 PM
L\'Artisan Parfumeur\'s Voleur de Roses is a wonderful masculine rose EDT. Or Lorenzo Villoresi\'s musk...

BassMan
07-25-2003, 06:55 PM
L\'Artisan Parfumeur\'s Voleur de Roses is a wonderful masculine rose EDT. Or Lorenzo Villoresi\'s musk...

Thanks! I\'m one of those dark-skinned Italians that can wear rose /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I\'m going to check those out.