PDA

View Full Version : Learning to Dance... women, your help is needed!

xxxPantero
07-18-2003, 11:20 PM
Okay, I\'m trying to learn to dance better...

Not salsa or anything (that comes later), but regular stuff you see in clubs. I\'m learning to breakdance and will learn glowsticking, but I don\'t know any good videos to learn HIP HOP for guys or just club dancing for guys. Can anybody suggest a good how-to video?

DaVinciKittie
07-18-2003, 11:30 PM
Oooo, that\'s a tough one. Club type dancing is completely unstructured and mostly consists of bump&grind or just shakin\' it. I think the big thing there is just to be confident and \"lead\" when you\'re up close with someone. You know, get your groove going and then put a hand on her hip to get her moving with you, use your body to flirt with her, etc. Just don\'t try to feel her up or anything too quickly or it\'ll be over before it starts. I think more than anything, that kind of dancing is just about feeling the beat- listen for it and move your hips with it. The more you do it, the more comfortable you\'ll be with it. Do it in front of a mirror in private first if you think you look like an idiot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif IMO, Salsa or some other type of latin dance is a good way to start if you have no concept of rhythm. You\'ll be forced to \"feel\" the beat and you\'ll get a crash course in leading (which is oh so important, in nearly any form of couple dancing). Breakdance and glowsticking are cool, but they\'re mostly individual, so they\'re more practiced than normal club dancing- just do what you feel (and watch the guys around you who look like they\'re doing well with the ladies). As far as videos, I have no clue! I always just learn new forms of dance by observation and repetition. Good luck!

SwingerMD
07-18-2003, 11:47 PM
xxxPantero,

I agree with DK. A lot of that club dancing is unstructured bump & grind. As for instructional Hip-Hop videos try this: www.ericfenn.com/video.html (\"http://www.ericfenn.com/video.html\")

I was introduced to Eric Fenn last September when he came up from the Bay area for a workshop. He is very good at breaking down movement. The video has some basic exercises as well as routines plus the breakdown of the routines.

--------------------
<font color=\"blue\"> -SwingerMD </font>

Lucky
07-21-2003, 05:34 AM
DVK,
Would you suggest some specific CDs? I love this kind of dance, but I\'m too old to do it publicly!

Elana
07-21-2003, 05:48 AM
Here ya go Jon.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://www.zefrank.com/indexdance.html (\"http://www.zefrank.com/indexdance.html\")

Holmes
07-21-2003, 06:17 AM
A friend of mine recently picked up this Michael Jackson how-to video which teaches all those vintage Thriller/Billie Jean moves. I don\'t think they included the dangling-the-baby-out-the-window move, though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cool video link, Swinger. I might check that one out. Believe it or not, there also are a couple good videos available on Amazon, breaking, hip-hop, etc...

Totally agree with DK\'s advice, though. That\'s pretty much how to do it. I would also second that learning Salsa is a really good idea. Also highly recommend learning Samba, Forro, or any style of Brazilian dancing.

Holmes

Sexyredhead
07-21-2003, 06:20 AM
Hey Jon,
I can honestly say I learned all my dance moves from that site Elana gave you, and I get all kinds of attention on the dance floor! Give it a try! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Elana
07-21-2003, 06:27 AM
Yes! The chicks dig those moves. Try them out! Trust SRH and myself. Would we ever lead you down a wrong path?

Holmes
07-21-2003, 06:52 AM
That \"Seinfeld\" dance is awesome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Elana
07-21-2003, 06:59 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
That \"Seinfeld\" dance is awesome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">The Elaine dance is OUTSTANDING /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tallmacky
07-21-2003, 06:59 AM
Just grind her leg and ass, and dance like you have a very large penis, like it\'s the center of your gravitational movement.

Elana
07-21-2003, 07:00 AM
When I see a man doing the \"basic twirl\" I get so wet!

Andy
07-21-2003, 07:15 AM
Hey Jason ... such an advice is quite unfair if given by you or me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Hehe ... Elana, wetting yourself while laughing tears doesn\'t count.

DaVinciKittie
07-21-2003, 11:57 AM
Lucky, what type of music/dance are you interested in? I can make some recommendations for club-type dancing or country dancing, but as far as swing and latin, I might have to pass the ball. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif LMK what you like and I\'ll see what I can dig up for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sagacious1420
07-21-2003, 12:33 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
The Elaine dance is OUTSTANDING /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

A classic! Has me ROFLMAO every time I see! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Hell, just thinking about it now has me LMAO! Don\'t we all know somebody like that, though? They\'re everywhere! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sexyredhead
07-21-2003, 12:56 PM
Lucky, I can recommend a couple swing cd\'s if you\'re interested. PM me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif