PDA

View Full Version : Pickup lines

manchorito
07-17-2003, 08:32 PM
Now... I know pickup lines are stupid, but when a guy goes up to a girl, is it good just to say \"hey\", OR should you say something charming, like if a girl is looking at clothes, you could say that would look good on you??? Could you guys tell me some situations in which you guys have come up with something charming to say. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tallmacky
07-17-2003, 10:24 PM
I found out one that is a bit shocking, be careful when you use it.

You: Hey are your parents retarded?

No: NO!

You: Oh, well you look like a really special girl!

------------------

I try to use that one all the time results ummmm, usually it\'s a WTF look. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DaVinciKittie
07-17-2003, 11:13 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I try to use that one all the time results ummmm, usually it\'s a WTF look.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

That\'s what you\'d get from me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Xehupatl
07-18-2003, 01:05 AM
WELL, IT\'S NOT GONNA SUCK ITSELF!

xvs
07-18-2003, 02:18 AM
The best line is \"Hi!\", but that only works really well if she\'s already looked at you.

Otherwise, talk to her about something related to what you\'re doing or where you are. The key is to do it in an animated and happy way.

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Now... I know pickup lines are stupid, but when a guy goes up to a girl, is it good just to say \"hey\", OR should you say something charming, like if a girl is looking at clothes, you could say that would look good on you??? Could you guys tell me some situations in which you guys have come up with something charming to say. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

ThE_DeAd_KoBy
07-18-2003, 04:21 AM
Hello.... sorry if I seem nervous... this is the first time I\'ve talked to a woman in 2 months without having to enter my credit card first...

Wow babe! Did you clean your pants in windex?? Cuz I can see myself in em!

My Parole officer says it\'s good that I\'m getting out to meet new people

Andy
07-18-2003, 02:44 PM
Uh, hello, nice to meet you, so you are the mother of my children?!?!

Hi, I am making a survey about the worst pickup lines. I\'ll give you three choices.
A. Where are your wings? My mom told me all angels have them.
B. Don\'t I know you from somwhere?
C. Hi, I am making a survey about the worst pickup lines.

LatentOne
07-18-2003, 07:47 PM
Most pickup lines are bad. But, if the situation arises and something natural comes to mind....use it. Quick wit and clever thinking are better than over thought pick up lines!

Example: Not too long ago while on vacation in San Diego, a friend and I went out to eat at a Hooters. We wanted some fairly hot wings so when our 8.5/10 waitress comes over, we grill her on what\'s hot and what\'s not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif We develop a friendly banter when we discover that she doesn\'t eat wings (imagine that) and apologizes for not knowing her stuff, so to speak. Fast forward to the end of the meal. We\'re done with our wings with a whole lot left over and ask for a box. When she brings a container she asks if the wings \"were hot enough for you guys\". My friend and I laughed cause they were definitely not. And without really thinking about it, I give her a once over with my eyes, smile and say, \"You were hotter than they were!\". She laughs and smiles at us.

Later, I only regretted not adding, \"...but then again, I didn\'t get to taste you!\". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

xvs
07-19-2003, 04:47 AM
Silly pickup lines will get a girl to laugh sometimes, but usually don\'t seem to \"work\".

I find that it\'s better to just approach them in a friendly way. If you have to work too hard to interest someone in you, they probably aren\'t going to be really interested anyway in the end. The main point is to just get talking and see if you feel something for each other.

On the other hand, if you\'re not good at conversations, that\'s what to practice. Start by talking to girls you\'re not interested in because they\'re not attractive to you. Don\'t lead them on, just have a friendly conversation for a minute or two, then say bye.

Example: there\'s a cute girl shopping in the supermarket. You walk up while she\'s just picked up some product (say it\'s chicken soup) and you say \"hey, is that soup a good one?\" The KEY is to say this in a relaxed and friendly way. How you say it is much more important than what you say.

She\'ll look at you, and if she\'s interested she\'ll give you more than just \"yes\" or \"I don\'t know\". For example: \"Yeah, I like it sometimes. It\'s good comfort food.\"

This line \"comfort food\" is a clue you use to pick up the next sentence, for example: \"Comfort food, like mother used to make, huh?\"

her: \"Yeah, she used to make it for lunch when I was a kid.\"
you: \"I know. I get tomato soup for the very same reason.\"

OK, here\'s where the conversation could end, so you have to put in some other query for her to answer like: \"What else is comfort food for you?\".

If that works out, you\'re in the middle of a conversation. You let this go for a while, and then you can ask her name, branch off onto other topics etc. But don\'t let it go too too long in a situation like this. Ask for her phone # after perhaps 5 minutes. Other situations are different. It just takes practice.

If she\'s not interested, when you ask about the soup she\'ll say something like \"yeah, it\'s fine\" or \"it\'s just soup!\" or \"I don\'t know. Haven\'t tried it before.\" You can still try one more question, but if she doesn\'t want to talk it will be obvious after the second answer if it wasn\'t after the first.

There are other hints of course. If she looks at you in the eyes and turns her body to face you when answering your question, you have her interest. If she doesn\'t look at you at all then you may as well give up.

Good luck, and don\'t forget to keep practicing!