PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Product factfiles

Sinbard
07-17-2003, 04:17 AM
If this already exists then apologies for labouring the idea (and can I have a URL to it please?:)), but it occurred to me that a lot of the newbie questions that seem to repeatedly appear on these boards could be solved with a useful and informative \"fact file\" of products. I certainly know I have many questions about various products I\'d like answered and sometimes feel a tad coy about asking.

It would need something like a single html page per product, with a layout and content along the following lines:

Product Name: Alter Ego for Men
Nicknames: AE/m
Contraindications/Similar Products: Blerugh, blah (??)
Bottle Type: Open neck, with dropper
Pheromones Included: None, Nol, Rone
Ratios: blah:blah:blah (??)
Hit Types: Predominately sexual, social undertones
OD Risk: blah (??)
OD Symptoms/Effects: Personal and 3rd party aggression
Average to Maximum Dosage: 2 dabs or 4 drops (??)
Estimated Wear Degredation Time: 7 hours (??)
Popular Mixes Include: BlahBlah1, BB3 (??)

Well, I\'m sure you get the idea - some of those things may be a bit useless, and I may have missed some things off that would be crucial or really useful - but the idea itself I think would be really beneficial.

Any thoughts?

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php\"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=\"pollname\" VALUE=\"1058440645Sinbard\">

Would a product factfile be useful to you?
<input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"1\" />Yes
<input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"2\" />No
<input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"3\" />Undecided

<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE=\"Submit vote\" class=\"buttons\"></form>

belgareth
07-17-2003, 05:05 AM
Have you looked at the table of products? It contains most of what you are asking. A lot of the rest is subjective and would not be appropriate for a facts table.

Sinbard
07-17-2003, 05:19 AM
Ahhhh, but it\'s the subjective stuff that we\'re all eager to know Bel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Although subjective, there are generally agreed boundaries that can be used for that sort of stuff. Like OD risk, average dosage etc

CptKipling
07-17-2003, 05:51 AM
Cookbook! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Andy
07-17-2003, 08:09 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
Ahhhh, but it\'s the subjective stuff that we\'re all eager to know Bel

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Sure, and do you know what\'s funny about subjective stuff? It\'s subjective! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And a factfile is based on? ... facts, right.

Sinbard
07-17-2003, 08:41 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Sure, and do you know what\'s funny about subjective stuff? It\'s subjective! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And a factfile is based on? ... facts, right.

Heh, don\'t get caught up in semantics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif A thorough version of the current product \"info\" in the cookbook really would alleviate a lot of the same monotonous questions over and over. I still don\'t know the OD potential of AE etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Skyy
07-17-2003, 09:25 AM
Everyone OD\'s at a different point. Some of us can handle large ammounts and some can only handle small ammounts. It just depends on the person really.

belgareth
07-17-2003, 09:30 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Ahhhh, but it\'s the subjective stuff that we\'re all eager to know Bel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Although subjective, there are generally agreed boundaries that can be used for that sort of stuff. Like OD risk, average dosage etc

The problem with subjective data is no matter how much you have, you still know almost nothing.

CptKipling
07-17-2003, 12:06 PM
Ah the joys of pheromones...