PDA

View Full Version : What´s the best software for this type of thing?

CJ01
07-15-2003, 06:59 AM
Guys, I´m looking for software to track down the sh*t stuff on my PC. You know the type, dialers and general crap that managed to sneak it´s way in - that stuff.

What´s the best - free - software you´ve used for this? I´ve found a few programmes but I´m not sure which one is best and trustworthy. ´Got any tips for me? pretty please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ?

CJ

belgareth
07-15-2003, 09:07 AM
Check this web site. There are lots of good tools there to stop them.

http://download.com.com/2001-20-0.html?tag=cnetfd.sb (\"http://download.com.com/2001-20-0.html?tag=cnetfd.sb\")

Skyy
07-15-2003, 09:39 AM
go to google and type in \"Ad aware\" main website to it should be something by like lavasoft or lavaware its LAVA something shrug but yeah that kicks ass, it pulled off like 290 files that norton missed!

proteus
07-15-2003, 02:53 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Guys, I´m looking for software to track down the sh*t stuff on my PC. You know the type, dialers and general crap that managed to sneak it´s way in - that stuff.

What´s the best - free - software you´ve used for this? I´ve found a few programmes but I´m not sure which one is best and trustworthy. ´Got any tips for me? pretty please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ?

CJ

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Spybot is the best I\'ve used - u can get it 4 free at download.com

tallmacky
07-15-2003, 05:19 PM
I use both Spybot and Ad-Aware, they are both great and they both find things that one another may not find. I recommend downloading both (they are small programs). As said you can find them at download.com

CJ01
07-16-2003, 09:35 AM
Thanks guys I´m gonna check those and try them out.

I have actually come across the Ad-Aware sw but I was unsure whether it´s okay to use.
CJ

CJ01
07-20-2003, 04:28 AM
Well, I downloaded both programmes the other day and used them both. I tried the spybot first and it tracked down a great deal. Then I used the ad aware and found that I get on with it better at first attempt and it also found loads of stuff. Tres cool!!!! I´m very pleased. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif thanks guys for your help
luv CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif