PDA

View Full Version : What cologne is good for me?

manchorito
07-14-2003, 06:23 PM
Hey, I am having trouble deciding on which cologne I should buy. I need some thing light for formal use (school). I am thinking about Blue Jeans... I think something with some citrus would be good. I am trying to make my alpha image larger, would be using a light cologne not express the alpha image as much as a masculine scent? Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

asuperdictator
07-15-2003, 01:46 PM
I like Chrome. Never tried Blue Jeans /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Quorum
07-15-2003, 05:38 PM
The best cologne depends a lot on who\'s wearing it. Though you could try Allure (Chanel) while you\'re looking, it\'s basically meant for daytime/office use.

ThE_DeAd_KoBy
07-15-2003, 06:25 PM
Most colognes don\'t work well on everyone.... for me, the light one is Jovan NRG..... and the general is Stetson.

With the phero\'s it\'s easier to mask them with a rich cologne, rather than a light one.

Whitehall
07-16-2003, 08:58 AM
A classic men\'s citrus cologne of impeccible quality is Christian Dior\'s Eau Sauvage. It has a tangy citrus top note and a solid vetiver basenote/fixative. Sophisticated women love it.
It covers pheromones well but not great - for light doses of mones.

For a \"green\" cologne of quality, try Creed\'s Green Irish Tweed. Every woman I know loves this stuff although it is not all that comfortable for me to wear - Eau Sauvage is easier on my nose. Tweed is a great cover for NPA, et al and allows higher doses. Lasts long time too.

frenchie
07-16-2003, 02:10 PM
yep, Eau Sauvage was a great one !
Kenzo pour homme is magic, maybe not the greatest cover scent, though it covers NPAw quite well. It lasts long. It\'s not for every kind of guy and deserves a nice guy.
Acqua di Gio is a best seller, and a very very nice edt : much lighter than Kenzo, and very subtle. You can wear it every day, but it doesn\'t last very long. A bit more expensive than Kenzo.

As a woman, these are the edt I prefer - on others and on myself.

I would suggest you to find which family of perfumes suits you best (there are 7 families, you can find them on the net), and then find which scent is best for you. Don\'t hesitate to spend several hours in a perfume shop like Sephora... I did today, I hesitated between Kenzo & Acqua di Gio, and finally I tried some more perfumes and got out of the shop with Hugo Woman...
I wish you a good time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

blkgost
07-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Blue Jeans is a good scent, though it smells like powdered iced tea imho. I\'d take black jeans over it any day. I\'m a fan of Versace \"the dreamer\", and Victoria Secrets \"very sexy\". An old musky classic that never dies (well at least not in my book) is Erox\'s \"realm\". Add your own pheros and the cologne helps you feel relaxed, while the pheros lure in the prey...win win situation.
Like frenchie said go out and test, don\'t be afraid to go off the beaten path either (I know someone who still wears old spice..)

manchorito
07-16-2003, 08:16 PM
So what is the best cologne, that is good for daily/daytime (casual), that still covers pheromones well. I am thinking i dont necessarily need a citrus scent, just something not super strong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

blkgost
07-16-2003, 08:28 PM
if you want something strong, look to your winter scents. Colognes are seasonal, so if you want strength go with Joop, PI, Escada, etc....