PDA

View Full Version : Newcomers observations...

Sinbard
07-10-2003, 07:30 AM
Hello all

Decided to actually make a post here for various reasons, and even in the hope of gleaning a little information at the same time.

Background info: Male, mid-twenties, muscular, above average looks, no usual problems with pulling women (just rarely the right sort!). Personality is quite gentle/camp to people that know me (very friendly and warm) but to people that don\'t know me initial impressions are that I appear quite aggressive (or maybe \"difficult to approach\" would be a better description?).

Question1: I have some NPA arriving this week (with any luck!) and am a total newcomer to the world of \'mones. I\'ve done a fair bit of reading and decided that NPA was probably the best port of call to begin with as I\'m looking to enhance my Alpha presence, and recieve much more initally sexual hits. However, I have a serious objection to mixing it with any of my aftershaves, and was wondering how wise it would be to apply the NPA directly to skin or clothing. Also, what would be a safe dosage using this method? Dabbing or dropping? Is it advisable to cover with fragrance directly onto the dab/drop sites, or somewhere else?

I know some of you are going to point out that because I already have \"Clint Eastwood\" syndrome that NPA isn\'t going to be a good idea, but I\'m willing to give it a go and see where the path leads. I may move onto other products with a mix \'n\' match approach in the near future, but I don\'t think a lot of nol or rone based products will help because I\'m actually very gentle and warm anyway - just not on first impressions. I think maybe people feel intimidated...?

Question 2: Some of you have the most atrocious taste in aftershaves I\'ve ever seen! The likes of Old Spice?!?! Davidoff Coolwater? Joop!? It\'s no surprise some of you are having some problems with the opposite sex. Those fragrances reek of \'cheap\' and \'tacky\' and won\'t get you anywhere in a hurry. Seriously, invest in some decent colognes. In fact, I\'ll let you into a little secret...

Jako by Lagerfeld (very hard to get nowadays)

Quite simply the most amazing mens fragrance I\'ve used in a while, and it almost never fails (but I always end up with the wrong girls anyway.....)

Others that I\'d suggest are:

Rush (or Rush2) by Gucci (better for clubbing or a serious date)
Envy by Gucci
Paco Rabanne
Cacharel

Anyway, I\'ve rambled on enough... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

belgareth
07-10-2003, 07:37 AM
Mones have the greatest impact at the first impression stage of any relationship. In other words, your using high none products while probably producing quite a bit of none yourself may be counter-productive. I suggest you consider some of the other products like SOE and AE. You might get better benefit by being more approachable.

For dose amounts, I am an advocate of the less is more philosophy. Start low and see what happens because too much can result in pushing people away rather than attracting them.

Sinbard
07-10-2003, 07:45 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
your using high none products while probably producing quite a bit of none yourself may be counter-productive. I suggest you consider some of the other products like SOE and AE.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

That\'s why I was thinking about some SOE in a few weeks, once I have a chance to play around with the NPA. A little personal research is better than none! What I\'m most drawn by with NPA is all the talk of the \"secret ingredients\". Has anyone noticed the difference in effect between a pure -none product, and NPA? What do the secret ingredients do?!

biteme
07-10-2003, 08:02 AM
dabbing or dropping...secret ingredients

Check out this thread:

http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=UBB5&amp;Number=46271&amp;page=&amp;vi ew=&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=all&amp;vc=1 (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=UBB5&amp;Number=46271&amp;page=&amp;vi ew=&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=all&amp;vc=1\")

Granted, the thread discusses TE\\m. But the TE\\m is just a diluted version of NPA\\m, so it still pertains to your questions.

I calculated that 4 dabs of TE\\m equals 1 dab of NPA\\m; assuming the dab from both bottles are of equal volume.

The dropper that comes w/the NPA\\m bottle yields pretty large drops. So I use dabs, myself.

mixing it with any of my aftershaves

You don\'t have to mix it w/your aftershave. In fact, since you\'re new, I wouldn\'t recommend it. If it doesn\'t work out, then you\'ve wasted your mones. Its better to just apply them seperately as a \'combo\'.

skin or clothing

Some people prefer skin, some clothing, and yet some both.

http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=UBB4&amp;Number=7328&amp;page=&amp;vie w=&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=all&amp;vc=1 (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=UBB4&amp;Number=7328&amp;page=&amp;vie w=&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=all&amp;vc=1\")

That\'s a thread from the archives discussing skin vs. clothing.

http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=UBB5&amp;Number=87548&amp;page=0&amp;v iew=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1 (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=UBB5&amp;Number=87548&amp;page=0&amp;v iew=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1\")

That\'s a newer thread where some of us were talking about clothing application techniques.

cover with fragrance directly...or somewhere else

I don\'t think it matters.

Hope this helps.

Sinbard
07-10-2003, 08:07 AM
Cheers biteme - quite a lot of material to read through there! *gets reading*

oscar
07-10-2003, 08:56 AM
Sinbard,

You can try \"mixing\" NPA with your aftershave on a per use basis. Assuming you apply aftershave in the time honored tradition of splashing it on, put a drop of NPA in the cupped palm of one hand, dribble in your usual amount of aftershave, stir it up with a finger, and slap it on.

The only hard part is getting used to the reducer cap of the NPA bottle. You wait a few seconds for drop #1 to come out, and drop #2 usually comes out right on the heels of drop #1. It takes patience and a little practice.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sinbard
07-10-2003, 09:13 AM
Sinbard,

You can try \"mixing\" NPA with your aftershave on a per use basis. Assuming you apply aftershave in the time honored tradition of splashing it on, put a drop of NPA in the cupped palm of one hand, dribble in your usual amount of aftershave, stir it up with a finger, and slap it on.

The only hard part is getting used to the reducer cap of the NPA bottle. You wait a few seconds for drop #1 to come out, and drop #2 usually comes out right on the heels of drop #1. It takes patience and a little practice.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Problem is I always buy aftershaves in vaporisateurs now (quite an extensive collection) - the few that I have left over that are splash-on are Qurom, D&amp;G Masc, CK Eternity etc... all of which I hate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Any advice on using vaporisateur cologne with NPA?

As for drops and the NPA bottle, Iw as intending to dab... is that not a viable option? Seems a slightly more \'exact\' science as to dropping (for the exact reason you explained). One dab is one dab, there\'s not much room for deviation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LatentOne
07-10-2003, 11:40 AM
Seriously, invest in some decent colognes. In fact, I\'ll let you into a little secret...

Jako by Lagerfeld (very hard to get nowadays)

Quite simply the most amazing mens fragrance I\'ve used in a while, and it almost never fails (but I always end up with the wrong girls anyway.....)

Others that I\'d suggest are:

Rush (or Rush2) by Gucci (better for clubbing or a serious date)
Envy by Gucci
Paco Rabanne
Cacharel

Anyway, I\'ve rambled on enough... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Come on now Sinbard. One must realize that, like women, tastes in colognes, fragrances, etc will vary among men. I use Acqu Di Gio quite a bit but my friend who owns a lot more colognes than I do says that the smell is \"too sweet\" for him. Some of the stuff he finds good tends to be a bit too musky for my taste....or smell...as the case may be! (That being said, I\'ll look into some of the fragrances you mentioned....I\'m all about keeping an open mind about new colognes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Furthermore, nothing is \"hard to get nowadays\". With the internet, if you\'re really looking for something difficult to find locally, you can always find it online. IMHO of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CptKipling
07-10-2003, 11:51 AM
Welcome Sinbard!

You are on the right track (NPA), but if you want to stay away from mixing then i would choose TE, at 1/4 the conc. its a lot easier to apply and get a good dispersal pattern. The normal dosage is about 4 dabs, but you can go higher. As you begin to experiment, I\'m sure you will discover that you can apply a lot more (of any product) if you spread out your dabs/inches/drops, and apply on different parts of your body (e.g chest, arms, neck, etc).

As for products, you will find SOE usefull, but i would only use a little (around face) so the bottle should last a long time. AE is an excellent product aswell.

Good luck!

(see, the UK is taking over...)

Sinbard
07-10-2003, 12:59 PM
Furthermore, nothing is \"hard to get nowadays\". With the internet, if you\'re really looking for something difficult to find locally, you can always find it online. IMHO of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It is seeing as Lagerfeld stopped making it 2 years ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Only places online that have them are back-stocks! But definitely try the Jako, it\'s nasal heaven

Charisma
07-10-2003, 01:34 PM
Problem is I always buy aftershaves in vaporisateurs now [...] Any advice on using vaporisateur cologne with NPA?

I\'m in the same situation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I did spray in the palm of my hand and added the pherodrop, but didn\'t like the result. The appeared \"crippled\" to me.

What I do now is apply the mones on my skin and put one spray over the mones. I have no clue of a cologne \'losing\' it\'s scent and the phero\'s smelling stronger Don\'t the phero\'s lose also their scent over the same time period??? I don\'t smell jack and suppose everything is cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Experts please comment if not applied correct.

akinu
07-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Mones have the greatest impact at the first impression stage of any relationship. In other words, your
using high none products while probably producing quite a bit of none yourself may be
counter-productive. I suggest you consider some of the other products like SOE and AE. You might get
better benefit by being more approachable.

Hmm.. Someone has given ME an answer. I guess I will have to resort to womens\' products. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sinbard
07-10-2003, 03:30 PM
I\'m in the same situation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I did spray in the palm of my hand and added the pherodrop, but didn\'t like the result. The appeared \"crippled\" to me.

What I do now is apply the mones on my skin and put one spray over the mones. I have no clue of a cologne \'losing\' it\'s scent and the phero\'s smelling stronger Don\'t the phero\'s lose also their scent over the same time period??? I don\'t smell jack and suppose everything is cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Experts please comment if not applied correct.

Hmmm, interesting. My concern with that though would be having hands that were uber-mone laced! Give some guy a light for a cigarette, hands close to his face, big whiff of -none, and I end up with a black eye /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was thinking 2 dabs of NPA (maybe 1 neck, 1 mid-chest) with a spray of cologne over each - or 1 dab on near the top-button of a shirt, and another dab spread between both shirt-cuffs.

Well, hopefully if delivery arrives tommorrow I\'ll be giving NPA a test run this weekend bearing in mind the advice already imparted here! Thanks!

I shall keep you all informed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rsvp63
07-11-2003, 12:43 AM
Sinbard,

Looking forward to seeing what sucesses you have, Im from Ireland, and visit the UK a lot, but not since I got my mones. It will be good to see how another non-continental european does.

Im seeing good results with 2 drops PI, 1 drop NPA, 2 drops APC, and 1 drop WAGG (i also add the smallest amount of stink EW). SOE by itself also seems to give good club/restaurant results.

Sinbard
07-11-2003, 02:40 AM
Well, no NPA in the post today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Unless it arrives first thing tomorrow morning before I pack my bag for the big weekend away I\'m not going to be able to start my experiments this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Even if it does, I was intending to take it for a test-drive this evening at a rave. Damn it!