PDA

View Full Version : MATH QUESTION

MOBLEYC57
07-08-2003, 10:57 AM
I\'ve had my 9 to been soon year old daughter with me for most of the summer, and now need to change her eat sleep play mode. She only has problems with math (just like her pop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif), and trying to be better than a \"YES\" father for the summer, I want her to do a little little math before she goes out and play with a cousins each day. Every little bit helps, yes? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Wheeeeeew! Now to my question...Is there any kind of math thingies out there, like the Hooked on Phonics for reading? Just thought I\'d ask, in case there is someone here that knows. I can get her past most of the simple math, but my explaining is gonna probably Japanese to her. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif If you can, and if you please, I\'d surrrrre appreciate it. Thank ya! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gerund
07-08-2003, 12:00 PM
Hey Mobes-

There are inexpensive software programs available that teach kids various things, such as typing and basic math skills. They\'re usually in a \"game\" format to keep it fun & interesting.

For instance, a basic equation (like \"4 x 6 = ?\") appears at the top of the screen and then starts slowly falling. To win the point, you have to key in \"24\" before the equation hits the bottom of the screen.

I\'m sure there are various settings for speed & difficulty. Good luck~

Skyy
07-08-2003, 12:45 PM
If u can relate math to money its a lot easier /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Whitehall
07-08-2003, 01:04 PM
You can get fun \"workbooks\" with math focus that most kids would love. There are problems and activities that make it easy to take. Get them at a drugstore, bookstore, or toy store.

MOBLEYC57
07-08-2003, 02:31 PM
Thanks ALL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif