PDA

View Full Version : Women Are More Shallow Then Men

Jones
07-05-2003, 04:01 PM
Sorry folks, its true. Women are genetically designed to mate with the percieved \'best\' male (evolutionary fact). They therefore subconsciosly rule out mates who are unwilling to participate in archaic rituals. The social fear that women have, of being different, further prevents the most important genes from proliferating, ie, intellegence. This kind of primitive alpha male pursuit, given evidence by the fact that 25% of men acount for about 75% of sexual activity demonstrates the eventual doom of the human race, as evolution of truly important qualities, is deccelarated, or in worst case scenarios, utimately elimininated.

Elana
07-05-2003, 04:05 PM
Huh....I am sorry for being selective. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jones
07-05-2003, 04:08 PM
you should be

Elana
07-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Well, allrighty then...I am glad we got that settled /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
07-05-2003, 04:21 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Sorry folks, its true. Women are genetically designed to mate with the percieved \'best\' male (evolutionary fact). They therefore subconsciosly rule out mates who are unwilling to participate in archaic rituals. The social fear that women have, of being different, further prevents the most important genes from proliferating, ie, intellegence. This kind of primitive alpha male pursuit, given evidence by the fact that 25% of men acount for about 75% of sexual activity demonstrates the eventual doom of the human race, as evolution of truly important qualities, is deccelarated, or in worst case scenarios, utimately elimininated.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I know this may sound quirky, but if your theory is true, then why hasn\'t intelligence gradually DECREASED? \'Course it couldn\'t be that women might actually be attracted to intelligence, now could it. Why would we want a smart man who can hold a conversation for more than 2 minutes when that looooovely eye candy is standing over there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Explain these \'archaic rituals\' you\'re talking about. Are they archaic because you can\'t compete in them, or because you see no point in them--on the odd chance that the rituals you mention are more important to women than to men?

You really are generalizing a lot of things. And in something as involved as this, you can\'t generalize. Not all women are conformist. Not all women want alpha men. That\'s like saying all men prefer blondes or all men love football. It just ain\'t so.

upsidedown
07-05-2003, 04:38 PM
Jones, there\'s a difference between being shallow and selective. I\'m not sure you realize the difference from your comments.

tallmacky
07-05-2003, 04:41 PM
What is the point of all when most women follow what jones is saying. I don\'t really have any emotion invested in this argument nor do I think women are much worse (maybe a little /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif). When someone says \"well, most women may but not all\" it just sounds like PC garbage MOST is the key. If most people wanted to beat your ass I am sure it would get done, and done well.

The argument of jones was kind of one sided and he seems pretty angry, what happen man?
Sure you could say women are cold and sexless, you could swith that argument around and state that men are disgusting oversexed monsters who can resort to rape and molesting children. How many women molest and rape? Not nearly as much as men.

Ohhh god what a archiac ritual we better get rid of the sausasge party
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jones
07-05-2003, 04:41 PM

I know this may sound quirky, but if your theory is true, then why hasn\'t intelligence gradually DECREASED?

Intellegence has decreased! The neadrethal\'s had much larger cranial capacity than homo erectus. But the reason why intellegence arose was becuase it alowed to have more power over the elements. And now that we have that...

Why would we want a smart man who can hold a conversation for more than 2 minutes when that looooovely eye candy is standing over there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

When women want to mate, they select the \'[bad word]\' or toughguy personality, their genes get passed on, and eventually she lures an intellegent man to care for them all. Yeah im wrong, that why only 50% of kids in this country have two biological parents. that is a FACT.

Explain these \'archaic rituals\' you\'re talking about. Are they archaic because you can\'t compete in them, or because you see no point in them--on the odd chance that the rituals you mention are more important to women than to men?

Archaic rituals: Drinking games. Sports.
...I love sports. Im good at them. Im physically fit, and women are atracted to the athletic type becuase when we roamed the jungles they would keep them alive. so as you can see, this is pointless now--not playing sports (it is healthy), but selecting somone based on actualy ability to \'win\' a game, is stupid. And drinking games, the loud frat guy drunk gets laid a lot, because women are atrracted to this. The kind of person who lives to get trashed should be eliminated from the gene pool

You really are generalizing a lot of things. And in something as involved as this, you can\'t generalize. Not all women are conformist. Not all women want alpha men. That\'s like saying all men prefer blondes or all men love football. It just ain\'t so.

I just gave specifics. Yes im generalizing, but thats my point, most women are like this, of course there are exceptions.

JJK

belgareth
07-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Jones Said:
Intellegence has decreased! The neadrethal\'s had much larger cranial capacity than homo erectus. But the reason why intellegence arose was becuase it alowed to have more power over the elements. And now that we have that...

Dolphins have almost the same cranial capacity as man. How much doe that prove? Parrots can reason far better than any of the lower primates even though they have far less brain capacity. A measure of cranial capacity is insignificant by itself. Before you can determine intellegence from it, you have to determine which part(s) of the brain was larger. For all we know, the olfactory portion could have been larger which makes a lot of sense. Man relied on smell far more then than now and it seems likely that portion of the brain has atrophied. For that matter, the entire increased cranial capacity could have been filled with sinus cavity rather than brain. Your statement is invalid.

Jones Said:
When women want to mate, they select the \'[bad word]\' or toughguy personality, their genes get passed on, and eventually she lures an intellegent man to care for them all. Yeah im wrong, that why only 50% of kids in this country have two biological parents. that is a FACT.

Fascinating. I get hits from younger women pretty regularly. I am not a tough guy or bad boy. Rather I am a businessman and computer geek. Most of my frinds are the same and the seem to have very rewarding sex lives, both the single and married ones. The concept of only one biological parent is kind of interesting. How do they manage that? Test tube babies?

Jones Said:
Archaic rituals: Drinking games. Sports.
...I love sports. Im good at them. Im physically fit, and women are atracted to the athletic type becuase when we roamed the jungles they would keep them alive. so as you can see, this is pointless now--not playing sports (it is healthy), but selecting somone based on actualy ability to \'win\' a game, is stupid. And drinking games, the loud frat guy drunk gets laid a lot, because women are atrracted to this. The kind of person who lives to get trashed should be eliminated from the gene pool

Some believe that the mindless jocks are a bane to society. Football or any other bloodsport is ritualized warfare and has a negative effect on society. Should we take them all out and shoot them?

Jones Said:
I just gave specifics. Yes im generalizing, but thats my point, most women are like this, of course there are exceptions.

Most women in your obviously limited experience are like that. In my experience, most women are normal people who want pretty much the same things from life I want and are willing to work for it. The want a home and loved ones and security. The mindless jocks are usually far less capable of providing that and most smart women know that as well. So the smart women are more likely to go for the man who can provide a stable home filled with compassion and laghter.

Sexyredhead
07-05-2003, 04:56 PM
I think you\'re missing the point, Jones. What women are attracted to is confidence. That a$$hole frat guy may not have any one girl for very long, but he can get them for a while because his confidence is an attractive quality. Same for the guy who plays sports and wins, or the guy who loves his job, or the guy who gets along well with a lot of different kinds of people.

Confidence is the attractor. It\'s the personality that keeps. Sometimes women make stupid mistakes before they realize that they don\'t really want that guy, I admit. Women sometimes try to look for the best in their guy, even when it\'s not there. But in the end they\'ll figure it out, and dump him, then look for a good guy.

It makes sense. If you don\'t think you\'re worth it, why should anybody else?

Elana
07-05-2003, 04:57 PM
Most women in your obviously limited experience are like that. In my experience, most women are normal people who want pretty much the same things from life I want and are willing to work for it. The want a home and loved ones and security. The mindless jocks are usually far less capable of providing that and most smart women know that as well. So the smart women are more likely to go for the man who can provide a stable home filled with compassion and laghter.

AMEN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sagacious1420
07-05-2003, 06:00 PM
Huh? So macroencephalic people have higher intelligence? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif The larger the brain, the more intelligent? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Am I missing something? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Reminds me of a story...see what you went and started. I was at a party back in college and there was this really hot girl there. Virtually every guy tried a PU w/ her. Now, at one point several of us (hottie included) were sitting around the table talking about stuff and an interesting topic came up. They were discussing the relationship between intelligence and penis size. So this hot girls says \"God gave men w/ small minds, big penises. It\'s the only way they can compete for mates.\" At this, a super geeky guy says \"Well, I must be a genius.\" Guess who she went home w/ that night. That\'s right...the scrawny little geekazoid.

So for what it\'s worth, there it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

proteus
07-06-2003, 04:46 AM
I remember having this discussion with one of my ex-girlfriends a couple of years ago. We were debating exactly this, who are more shallow, men or women.

She acknowledged that most of her female friends were picky (as she was) and often had certain criteria that a guy had to meet before they would even begin to ever entertain going out with him. For men it is more simple - if she makes us feel horny (not hard for a woman to do to a guy) and seems reasonably sane, that\'s it.

But for women, and NY IMO is pretty bad this way (if any of you have seen \"Sex in the City\" ladies like that are pretty much the norm here especially the type of women I tend to run into).

Anyway, so getting back to my ex.gf, she said pretty much the same as the ladies who have posted here have said - nothing wrong with being selective, it\'s the confidence etc. but these women forget two things and this where they end up getting screwed in the end as I told my ex.

Firstly, a guy who is this confident is naturally going to attract many women. So the chances that he will be faithful, monogamous, whatever you call it are slim to none as his very personality, or material assets will attract many women and with all these choices, your value in his eyes is not that great because he knows he can easily find an equally or better looking, better personality and more intelligent woman than you.

Secondly, (and this really pissed off my ex.gf as she was a typically arrogant NY woman who thinks she can have every guy she wants) I told her lets say you have this criteria of great looks, body, personality, job, income etc. and you only date a man who fulfills all the requirements on your checklist. What makes you think this guy believes you are worth what he has to offer and don\'t you think if he is this attractive, successful, intelligent etc. he would hold out for the most attractive woman he could find. A guy like this would want to get his moneys worth so to speak and would hold out marriage etc. for the woman who offered the most bang for the buck.

Any women in the interim would just be to fulfill sexual needs, but ultimately they would never get what they really wanted from this guy (marriage, commitment etc) unless he felt she provided equal value to him.

She went ballistic when I said this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif but women have to remember that if they are going to use criteria like this to select a partner, it should comes as no suprise that the man who all the women want, is also the man who has the \"power of choice\" and he can be even more pickier than they are.

Ultimately though I think we just have to accept that many women are like this as a result of biological/darwinistic imperatives and so use this knowledge to adjust your behaviour accordingly. One can whine about how women are more shallow etc, but this is the way they are built, so for me I just remember that in the end if I take care of my end of things, then I will get what I want and find a woman who I feel is equal to me in every respect. But nowhere in this do I believe in the romantic notion of love as propagated in the media etc. That\'s a bunch of bs with the way things between men and women are.

Sexyredhead
07-06-2003, 05:39 AM
I agree and I don\'t agree with you.

I agree that no one should \'settle\' for something when they feel it\'s not the best thing out there for them. Just because I think I a guy\'s the best thing in the world for me, doesn\'t mean he has to go along with what I think, and vice versa. In the end, no one will be happy that way.

BUT, I don\'t think that just because a guy is attractive, confident, attracts a lot of beautiful women, etc, that he\'s constantly going to be on the lookout for that better offer, once he finally finds what he wants. Just because a lot of people want someone, doens\'t mean he/she has to oblige them. On can be loyal and happily in a monogamous relationship.

Also, I don\'t think guys are that simple. Maybe initially, but once in a relationship with a girl, she\'s got to have more to her than the fact that she\'s reasonably sane and can make you horny. You may not like how she\'s always asking you questions, how she pokes into your business, how she\'s never on time, how she gets jealous of the tv during football season, etc.

upsidedown
07-06-2003, 05:42 AM
What makes you think this guy believes you are worth what he has to offer and don\'t you think if he is this attractive, successful, intelligent etc. he would hold out for the most attractive woman he could find. A guy like this would want to get his moneys worth so to speak and would hold out marriage etc. for the woman who offered the most bang for the buck.

Any women in the interim would just be to fulfill sexual needs, but ultimately they would never get what they really wanted from this guy (marriage, commitment etc) unless he felt she provided equal value to him.

Hmm, sounds to me like you\'re making an argument that MEN are shallow!

proteus
07-06-2003, 06:20 AM
Hmm, sounds to me like you\'re making an argument that MEN are shallow!

I\'m simply saying that women who are very selective (some may call this shallow) will often find that the men who they deem worthy to have them, will often enough be just as, if not more selective (or shallow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) than them, and they will find it hard to keep his attention for in a sense this man, since so many women want him, has the pick of the field.

So I\'m saying beware being so picky because picky people tend to end up with folk who are just as picky if not pickier than they are, because they can be.

I know lots of guys like this who are making a ton of dough now who were moderately successful at best with women in college etc. but then the began raking in the dinero and now all the women who would never have given them the time of day in college are chasing after them.

A close friend of mine is like this (makes six figures, has the cars, the house, the lifestyle etc. ) and he says straight up when asked why he dates so many different women, that these same women reject decent guys everyday because of this or that lack, which he experienced when he was a struggling but outstanding college student, and now there\'s no way he\'s going to settle down until he\'s played the field and finds someone who is truly worthy of what he has to offer.

These women say all the time \" well I\'m not just going to settle \" - well it works both ways and admittedly this can be perceived as being just as shallow (that word again - selective I prefer), but as the old saying goes \"you reap what you sow\" and oftentimes these same women end up being used and dumped when this type of guy tires of her. I have no pity for these women as they met someone who was just calculating as they are and got bested.

tallmacky
07-06-2003, 06:40 AM
This argument is some pretty big bull$hit. It\'s so one sided and bias. I know we have a huge sausage party here but what is being said should be interpreted but you are leaving out the other half.

You think women are cruel in their selection of a mate. Men are just as bad. I remember a case where a rich man from India was married to a Indian model. She was doing something in the bathroom involving alcohol and was severly burned, very badly 3rd degree burns. When she was in the hospital her husband brought her the divorce papers.

Just as much as a mans success may lie in his ability to get a girl, men judge women at times almost soley on their looks and are cruel to the ones who are not \"hot\".

There are probably flaws with my argument but the logic of what you are sayin makes no sense at all.

BTW I know a lot of guys who are 20 plus live at home and get women hehehehe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

proteus
07-06-2003, 06:51 AM
Explain where the logic of what I says makes no sense. And I don\'t remember describing this behavior as \"cruel\" - I just described it as I see it but never used words like \"cruel\" as that to me is coming from a position of weakness. I acknowledge that women have a power over men, and use it accordingly, but I also was saying that these same women can end up being burnt if they are too picky.

For myself, as I said I don\'t whine about the way things are - I just adjust my behavior accordingly with my observations in mind. But I\'m not going to be part of any pc bull$hit that is propagated so much in the media and by many here, and ignore what my own observations of women in general are because then I can\'t proceed with a proper strategy to counter this stuff.

CJ01
07-06-2003, 10:36 AM
Women Are More Shallow Then Men

You mean we´re even more shallow than men /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sagacious1420
07-06-2003, 11:49 AM
The kind of person who lives to get trashed should be eliminated from the gene pool

Perhaps we should say the same about ppl who make their fortunes by trashing the world in which we live...all for the sake of the almighty dollar and self-glorification. Or does the pursuit of Capitalism make that acceptable? Who decides then?

JONES-

Gotta say I\'m quite disappointed w/ you, at the moment! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You came onto this forum w/ some fantastic scientific contributions, exibiting some very lucid thinking...but WTF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I certainly hope that you were just venting when you started this thread. If so, then I can cut you some slack. If not, then the comment quoted above is beyond disturbing. I can only describe the attitude behind such a statement w/ one word:

ARROGANT!

What makes you think that you have the right to decide whom to cleanse from the gene pool! This mentality seems to ring a bell...it reminds me of someone...what was that guys name...Oh, yea, that\'s it...I remember now...some dude named, Adolf! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Jones
07-06-2003, 01:44 PM
The kind of person who lives to get trashed should be eliminated from the gene pool

Perhaps we should say the same about ppl who make their fortunes by trashing the world in which we live...all for the sake of the almighty dollar and self-glorification. Or does the pursuit of Capitalism make that acceptable? Who decides then?

JONES-

Gotta say I\'m quite disappointed w/ you, at the moment! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You came onto this forum w/ some fantastic scientific contributions, exibiting some very lucid thinking...but WTF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I certainly hope that you were just venting when you started this thread. If so, then I can cut you some slack. If not, then the comment quoted above is beyond disturbing. I can only describe the attitude behind such a statement w/ one word:

ARROGANT!

What makes you think that you have the right to decide whom to cleanse from the gene pool! This mentality seems to ring a bell...it reminds me of someone...what was that guys name...Oh, yea, that\'s it...I remember now...some dude named, Adolf! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sup sagacious, yes i was venting. i think weve had a good debate. But as far as that whole pursuit of money, i think too much of humanity\'s resources are wasted on this. we need to combat poverty, aids, mental disease, divorce, hunger and cancer. these are our challenges.

proteus
07-17-2003, 04:14 PM
I found this article pretty interesting, especially the first account.

http://www.askmen.com/dating/doclove_150/188_relationship_expert.html (\"http://www.askmen.com/dating/doclove_150/188_relationship_expert.html\")

DaVinciKittie
07-17-2003, 05:24 PM
Woohoo. The Doc to the rescue again. What would we do without his eternal wisdom? Oh, it\'s just so sexy. &lt;swoons&gt;

Sorry- couldn\'t resist. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

krtel
07-17-2003, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I read that article today too. It\'s a no-bs article. I\'m sure the female readers on the forum may not like the contents of the article, but if one looks at the scenario, where one guy wasn\'t even given the time of day and the other one was complaining that the women were sexually agressive towards him - one would be lying to themself if he/she said that the contents of the article isn\'t true and that women aren\'t like that.

- Krish

CJ01
07-18-2003, 04:23 AM
Yeah, I read that article today too. It\'s a no-bs article. I\'m sure the female readers on the forum may not like the contents of the article, but if one looks at the scenario, where one guy wasn\'t even given the time of day and the other one was complaining that the women were sexually agressive towards him - one would be lying to themself if he/she said that the contents of the article isn\'t true and that women aren\'t like that.

Yo, I didn´t read this article but the scenario you describe sounds familiar for the reason that men behave pretty much the same way. And just because women can be that way doesn´t mean they are MORE shallow than men - both are pretty much the same in most ways when it comes down to it. CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
07-18-2003, 04:47 AM
I agree. I did read the article. It\'s a no-BS article all right. There are definitely women out there like that.

You know what kept running through my mind though? That I could see the genders reversed in that scenario, and the same thing would happen. And I HAVE seen that exact same scenario happen to women--an \'ok-looking\' female doesn\'t get a lot of attention at some place she frequents. Then one night she goes in with a really hot friend, and BOOM! The guys are all over the place--and all after her really hot friend.

Gee, I think I\'ve seen this before. Could it be--the men\'s forum???

bundyburger
07-18-2003, 08:12 AM
Exactly.

It works both ways.

How do you get around it??
It always comes down to this:
\"Act like you are a fun person and others will want to find out who you are.\"
F___ all the physical attributes you THINK are working against you.

Be healthy, Be \'reasonably\' fit, be \'FUN\'. SHOW \'FUN\'. The majority of people can acheive all of this if they get over any laziness.

tallmacky
07-18-2003, 08:39 AM
Think about this, there is always a uglier girl than you, if you really wanted to get laid go to the old folks home, go to burger king, there are tons of ugly chicks just waiting for easy sex.

You think girls are unfair, maybe it\'s unfair of you to put yourself in their attraction league and get mad when they want more? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CJ01
07-18-2003, 12:32 PM
Think about this, there is always a uglier girl than you, if you really wanted to get laid go to the old folks home, go to burger king, there are tons of ugly chicks just waiting for easy sex.

Who are you replying to exactly??

I do have a Q: why would you want to screw someone you think was ugly anyway - man or woman?
ANd I could be wrong here, but I believe it´s mostly men who do this and not us girls... - any explanation out there?

CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sophie
07-18-2003, 07:45 PM
And I can\'t help but thinking (being hopefully beyond childbearing age, not physically yet but god forbid I conceive one at this age) there are differences between women who want to bear offspring and women who just want good sex, IMO. The criteria for a mate get in the way of the \"shallow\" argument once a woman passes a certain age. I don\'t know that men\'s makeup allows for this difference, biologically. Sorry I\'m too tired tonight to elaborate but I hope you get my drift. A woman looking for a father for her children may look for different attributes than a woman who is just horny, for the sake of sex.