PDA

View Full Version : PASADENA, CALIFORNIA

MOBLEYC57
06-25-2003, 05:35 PM
Hiya! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I\'ve gotten a plane ticket to Pasadena for me upcoming birthday, and was wondering if anyone on this forum have any ideas/thoughts on the place? Nope, don\'t want to do a search on the net to find where all the tourist hang out. Just shooting in the dark with hopes that someone knows the area before me trip. I will not leave the West coast til I see the place where me Lakers play...hope they have tours! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Anywho, thanks for any inputs on this matter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif With Love - Me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SwingerMD
06-27-2003, 12:56 PM
Mobley,

When are you headed down?

-------------------

<font color=\"blue\"> -SwingerMD </font>

MOBLEYC57
06-27-2003, 01:45 PM
From the 5th or 6th of August til the 13th. You familiar with the area Swinger? If you are, any suggestions? Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SwingerMD
06-27-2003, 02:08 PM
The 5th or 6th of Aug? Darn, I\'m flying back to Seattle on Aug 4th /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif . As for being familiar the area, last year was my first time in LA area. I spent a lot a time riding the city buses to Venice beach and Santa Monica, but I never made it out to the Pasadena area. I do have several friends in the area (thanks to using SOE last year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) but, have no way of contacting most of them.

--------------------

<font color=\"blue\"> -SwingerMD </font>

WildViper
07-03-2003, 07:11 PM
Mobley,

I live in SoCal and have been to Pasadena many times. It depends on what you want to do, however, the area you wanna see is Old Town Pasadena....Q\'s is a good bar and night club...Palms is pretty nice as well...more classier with a live band.

Let me know what you wanna know and I can guide you as much as I can.

Skyy
07-03-2003, 11:52 PM
My sister works at Q\'s =P. Hooters is across the street. Bars all over. Its very easy to just walk around and stumble into something you like. \'The Muse\' is there also..its a pretty good club. Uhm I think off Lake north there is a Roscoes Chicken &amp; Waffles (Soul food type place) but its dam gooooooooooood and very bad for you :P. North up the street till it ends is like a \'haunted little place\' and lots of like teens and college students go there maybe u can use your mones on them :P

MOBLEYC57
07-07-2003, 04:48 PM
Thanks Skyy &amp; WildV! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I\'ve decided to leave it up to my hostess.

WildV: Palms - What type of music? Any nice parks/parks along the water front? She\'s from Pasadena...just wanted to surprise her with some ideas. Personally, I just want to visit where the Lakers play, with hopes they give tours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif When the company is good, it doesn\'t matter where/what/when, but everyone doesn\'t think/feel as I do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Thanks again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

WildViper
07-08-2003, 10:07 PM
Palms is Semi-80s to Semi 90s music when the Live band is on. Pasadena is about 35miles from the beach...I could be off in the miles, but it is not a stone\'s throw away.

I do not think Staples Center provides tours..again, that could have been changed.