PDA

View Full Version : Sure is a purdy Deer, Skeeter....

Icarus
06-25-2003, 12:55 AM
Ok, can someone clarify for me.. DIHL?

I know, I know, DeerInHeadLights, but I for one have never run over a deer at night, and if I did, I suspect that the last thing on either of our minds would be having sex with one another.

I\'m imagining that it\'s a kinda wide eyed look... am I correct? I just want to clarify exactly what this \'look\' entails, so that I can know if it\'s any different to what I\'ve already experienced.

Cheers!

belgareth
06-25-2003, 01:08 AM
There are multiple definitions. Poachers used to sometimes carry bright flashlights into the woods at night because a deeer will completely freeze up if you shine it in their eyes making them an easy shot. The classical DIHL is where the victim literally enters a trance like state. It is rare!

The more common usage with newer forum members seems to be anybody who looks at you for more than a few seconds without looking away. This is really more of a hit and not a true DIHL.

Icarus
06-25-2003, 01:17 AM
Thanks!

ToBeOrNotToBe
06-25-2003, 01:51 AM
yeah... I think some ppl consider any strong look a DIHL... sometimes I read that someone got X DIHL\'s in one day and no DIHL in the next day... they seem to consider any look a DIHL, which is wrong. I doubt that most ppl here get DIHLs regularly! What they might get are strong, intense looks... IMHO.

Sagacious1420
06-25-2003, 02:00 AM
I personally have witnessed an actual deer in the headlights many times in my life, while hunting. We would always head out before sunrise, so it was not uncommon to run across a few does on the road to the \"camp\". We didn\'t poach them for many reasons...although some will. A true DIHL (involving deer) is of a realitively short duration, about 30 seconds to, maybe, a minute. I think part of the definition of DIHL on the forum takes into account the duration. IMHO, It does seem to me that what the \"non-new-members\" of the forum are referring to is more of the DIOS that is, as yet, undefined in the reference materials. This extended and, yes, very rare trance state sounds more like a DIOS. I have had one encounter that would fit the concept of a trance state and I have to tell you that, from being on the receiving end of this, it really is more like a Deer In Outer Space...thus, the totally spaced out, trance-like state.

To me I see a dramatic dilation of the pupils and a glazed look in the eyes and varying durations of this state. It seems to me that the wide eyed, glazed look can last for a a few seconds (say 15-30 deconds) or minutes (3-10)and still exhibit a \"spaced out\" state of mind, but not quite the extended trance state. I can say for sure that I have had a DIOS in the strictest sense, at least once, and it was a very bizarre thing. Physically unresponsive (perhaps, submissive is a better term) for the most part and virtually incapable of speaking...I mean, really out there...for about an hour. \"Wierd, wild, stuff...\"

Just my 2 cents

CptKipling
06-25-2003, 06:49 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Ok, can someone clarify for me.. DIHL?

I know, I know, DeerInHeadLights, but I for one have never run over a deer at night, and if I did, I suspect that the last thing on either of our minds would be having sex with one another.

I\'m imagining that it\'s a kinda wide eyed look... am I correct? I just want to clarify exactly what this \'look\' entails, so that I can know if it\'s any different to what I\'ve already experienced.

Cheers!

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Use the search function, jeez!

Icarus
06-25-2003, 09:36 AM
Hey, I have. All I found was a lot of bragging about \'hits\' and DIHLs. With no actual definition other than Deer-In-Head-Lights.

It has been clarified here, thankfully. It has also been pointed out that the common usage of DIHL has slighly deviated from the intended meaning.

Thanks to those who responded.

MOBLEYC57
06-25-2003, 10:20 AM
The true meaning is......when a deer is in the road, and you pull up on it in a car, it freezes still while looking into the headlights. It\'s probably thinking, \"What the!?\" This only happens at night. Pretty much, a DIHL while using mones, is exactly like day dreaming. Same frozen state. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif That\'s what I SAY it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Definitions are sometimes different. You say tomaytoe, I say tomottoe! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Tootles! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif