PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Cologne...Bodywash...etc.

manchorito
06-22-2003, 10:51 AM
I want to be the best possible smelling guy i can be. What, in you guys\' opinion, what is best cologne, bodywash, soap, etc. Thanks

ToBeOrNotToBe
06-22-2003, 11:08 AM
And, by the way, which AXE do you ppl think is the best smelling one?

CptKipling
06-22-2003, 11:10 AM
I use an FCUK deoderant which i think smells better than any Lynx (same as AXE).

PlayerINtraining
06-22-2003, 11:13 AM
I use only two phermone products WAGG and the unscented version of natural attraction.
I use them with these colognes, or deoderant body sprays.
AXE Effect, TSUNAMI or Pheonix I had some girls help me pick them out.

or these colognes

Blue jeans by Versace(my fav, because its under 20 dollars)

Aqua Di Gio By Giorgio Armani For MEN

Crave By Calvin Klein For MEN

Dolce & Gabbana By Dolce & Gabbana For MEN

L\' Eau D\' Issey Pour homme By Issey Miyake For MEN

Emporio Armani Giorgio Armani

Polo Sport Ralph Lauren

Le Male Jean Paul Gaultier

Chrome Loris Azzaro

Dunhill by Dunhill

Pi by Givenchy

Herrera Carolina Herrera

Calvin Klein\'s Contradiction

Danial
06-22-2003, 07:32 PM
Lynx(Axe) is too common of a smell in the street.

I prefer Farenheit by Dior, Happy by Clinique or Marc Jacobs for Men.

The last one is very rarely used here and I always get people asking me what perfume that I\'m wearing. A sure way to initiate conversation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

ToBeOrNotToBe
06-23-2003, 02:19 AM
Have anyone here tried the new AXE?

Charisma
06-23-2003, 07:00 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Have anyone here tried the new AXE?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
Pulse?

ToBeOrNotToBe
06-23-2003, 07:14 AM
yes

akinu
06-23-2003, 07:36 AM
I am sure that you can find lots of good fragrances much beter than Axe series. Axe is not a quality brand which will make you \"the best smelling stud\". If you want that title spend some more I would say. Clinique Happy may be a good one as the manufacturers claimed that this perfume would be a \"chick magnet\". It is good. Also Davidoff Coolwater got me \"hits\" 8 years ago from a 12 year old girl (hey I was 12 too) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I would go for citrusy and light fragrances. These signatures hardly fail you.

ToBeOrNotToBe
06-23-2003, 08:34 AM
I am sure that you can find lots of good fragrances much beter than Axe series. Axe is not a quality brand which will make you \"the best smelling stud\". If you want that title spend some more I would say. Clinique Happy may be a good one as the manufacturers claimed that this perfume would be a \"chick magnet\". It is good. Also Davidoff Coolwater got me \"hits\" 8 years ago from a 12 year old girl (hey I was 12 too) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I would go for citrusy and light fragrances. These signatures hardly fail you.

The problem is that there are so many colognes... I know some are good, but how can I know which one has the best quality / price? I am a 20 year old guy. Which colognes would you suggest? yeah, I know... Acqua di Gio and Le Male. But besides those two?

Andy
06-23-2003, 09:57 AM
I am afraid nobody is able to answer this question for you. You have to decide what you like and see if it fits your skinchemistry.

akinu
06-23-2003, 10:09 AM
OK then I will tell some brands

-Davidoff Coolwater
-Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet
-Clinique Happy
-Kouros (I didnt use it but a friend told me that girls like it; to me it smells awful)
-Roma for men (not citrusy but a sweet fragrance)

Forum has newer and better ideas. Just read the previous thread about colognes. All has been discussed there.

pelotudo
06-23-2003, 01:50 PM
I wear:

Curve (girl I\'m w/ LOVES this one, so it\'s the big hitter right now)
Acqua Di Gio
Armani Mania
Angel/m
along with a lot of others, but they rarely get used.

I smelled Clinique Happy the other day, and OMFG it smells good. I\'ve got 15+ colognes (including the ones up top there), and Clinique is by far my favorite now. As soon as I get some $$$, it\'s going to be my next purchase; even before my next phero order...

You have to find out what smells good on YOU though. There are the cliche and really popular colognes that smell similar on everyone (Curve, Acqua, Le Male, Issaye Miyake, etc), but if you can find one of the lesser popular colognes that mixes really well w/ your own body chemistry, you\'ve got something to hold on to. Everyones body reacts different to different scents/chemicals, and finding one that smells like \"you\" can be hard...but it\'s well worth it IMHO.

-Jon

baby2nite
06-23-2003, 02:34 PM
I like the strong smell of Drakkar Noir. Smells very masculine and like you are \"in charge\".

colognes like aqua di gio,curve,polo sport,coolwater,hugo all getting pretty played out now.. even though i have them all.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

polishkid99
06-23-2003, 03:06 PM
I tried Axe TSUNAMI after reading about it here. I have had several women at work compliment me on it. It also works well with the pheromones. As far as cologne I will either use Cool Water or Drakar. Honestly since getting pheromones I actually don\'t use much cologne. Everybody just raves over the AE. I have even had guys ask what I\'m wearing. Of course I say Axe. Why let the secret out. LOL

Darrell

LatentOne
06-23-2003, 07:30 PM
I recently tried some AXE Tsunami also cause I was curious as to how it smelled. For some reason, the first spray right out of the can smelled just like Aqua Di Gio to me. It\'s not too bad I guess for a deodorant body spray.

CptKipling
06-24-2003, 08:16 AM
Ok everyone if you had to choose one cologne as your favourite what would it be.

People giving more than one *will* be shot.

oscar
06-24-2003, 08:27 AM
I had occasion to sample several of the Axe fragrances recently, and noticed that each of them seem to be a knock-off of some mainstream commercial men\'s cologne. And at first sniff, pretty good knock-offs. Can\'t say anything about their drydown or durability, as I tried several within the course of a couple of minutes and only sprayed some of them into the air. But every single one was reminiscent of something that I smelled when sampling colognes. Tsunami does smell very much like Acqua di Gio.

Someone who is familiar with the entire Axe line AND knows colognes really well could provide us with a great service by creating an \"Axe/Cologne Equivalency Chart\".

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oscar
06-24-2003, 08:32 AM
CK,

Creed\'s \"Green Irish Tweed\" is my current favorite fragrance. I haven\'t had it long enough to know how well it will do as a summer scent, but so far so good!

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CptKipling
06-24-2003, 08:38 AM
Thanks Oscar!

I think my oldest is still me favourite, Hugo Boss. Its the one that doesnt seem to have a name, but i think it\'s called Boss Bottled.

ToBeOrNotToBe
06-24-2003, 08:47 AM
I think there\'s more in AXE than we think...

Make Luv and listen to the music!!

CptKipling
06-24-2003, 08:57 AM
lol that advert was good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I think they do help somewhat with your own personal pheros, reactions do seem different with Lynx but no synthetic mones.

But i dont really try some peoples method of spraying it over a mone application, not for any particular reason, i just dont see the need.

ToBeOrNotToBe
06-24-2003, 09:10 AM
You don\'t have to apply it over the place where you put the mones. Just spray it in other places. You can use a lot more than a cologne, so you can spread it well... that\'s a good advantage.

Make Luv and listen to the music!

Icarus
06-24-2003, 10:53 AM
It may seem sickening to many men here, but every so often (not when you are going out at night tho) give yourself a couple squirts of a perfume (after you try like a bastard to find one that actually works for you, and that isn\'t *too* feminine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

You could try this once every two weeks or so, like when you are going to be hanging out with a load of people is best, so that if you smell a bit poncy you can blame it on \'Mincing Martin, the Local Funboy*\'.

C\'mon, you guys seem to spray everything else onto yourselves, give perfume a go. You\'ll make it manly.
Promise.

I\'m not kidding, although now I read it, it does sound kinda stupid. Anyhow, I do it. And women love me.

Ego inflation: check.

*Funboy not guaranteed, Terms &amp; Conditions apply.

Charisma
06-24-2003, 12:31 PM
Yeah, a girl I dated used men\'s cologne and it smelled great on her. So indeed why not do the opposite?!
I wouldn\'t use any really heavy stuff like YSL Opium /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

NeTwOrXx
06-24-2003, 12:35 PM
hi all

now my cologne list, and the best smells at first:

Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier girls like it
Joop!Homme (red one) by Joop too
Déclaration by Cartier i like it :-)
Versace Man by Versace try it
A*Man (Angel Man) by Thierry Mugler realy sweet :-)
Rochas Man by Rochas yummy
Habit Rouge by Guerlain not bad
Givenchy pour Homme by Givenchy fine
Yohji Homme by Yohji Yamamoto something to try
Crave by Calvin Klein well...

i hope it help someone :-)

franki
06-24-2003, 01:15 PM
It may seem sickening to many men here, but every so often (not when you are going out at night tho) give yourself a couple squirts of a perfume (after you try like a bastard to find one that actually works for you, and that isn\'t *too* feminine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I agree with the perfume/cologne part. I can\'t believe when I see grown-up men here talk about using AXE and thinking it is cool etc..

AXE is what I used to use back in high school when I was 15. Back THEN, it was cool if you had a bottle of AXE with you in the locker room: everyone wanted to borrow it usually. The commercials are also directed at adolescent males and not at 20 or 30 somethings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

camusflage
06-25-2003, 07:24 AM
Favorite is probably Chanel\'s Egoiste Platinum. Like a well-chosen accessory, it dresses up and down with equal aplomb. It\'s neither too casual for formal use, nor too formal for casual use. If I could have one and only one scent, that would be it without question.

That being said, scents are like clothes in that they have different uses. Perry Ellis\' 360 is a great scent, but it really only works for the office on warm days. Similarly, Gucci\'s Envy is a great scent, but it only works for dressed to the nines evenings. Your question, the best cologne, is like asking \"What is your favorite pants?\" Just because you like them and they\'re comfortable doesn\'t mean they\'re appropriate everywhere from the beach to the boardroom.

camusflage
06-25-2003, 07:29 AM
Agreed.. Following one of the suggestions here many months ago, I picked up a small bottle of Rose EO. Even though the scent is about as feminine as they come, it works very well on me. I\'ve never used any perfumes, though some of my colognes are certainly in the ballpark. After I picked up Animale Animale, I heard that Thierry Mugler picked it up and discontinued it because it is so similar to his Angel for women.