PDA

View Full Version : How Long Products Last

silvertri
06-19-2003, 11:06 PM
How long does te or ae last in the bottle? I don\'t mean the effects when you put them on. I mean say if you have ae or te and you don\'t use it for awhile say like 2 weeks later. If you put it on after to weeks or 1 month will the effects still be as strong?

GQ_NYC
06-20-2003, 04:08 AM
Based on previous posts by board members and my own personal experience, I would say that products should retain a high percentage of original \"pheromonal strength\" for at least a few months (3-6 months, perhaps). Beyond this time frame, if you were to store the product in a suitable environment (e.g. away from heat or high temperatures), you may be able to extend the shelf life of said products by an indefinite amount of time. Specifically, the storage of the product(s) should probably be in containers with tight caps to further aid in keeping out unwanted \"environmental contaminants\".

CptKipling
06-20-2003, 06:44 AM
They last a long long time if you keep them relatively cool and out of sunlight

Nimbus
06-20-2003, 09:16 AM
Just to add my €0.02: our experiences about the effective lifetime of the products are subjective. I have myself came to the conclusion that when appropriately stored, pheromones will last for at least many years, but this is only based on how I store my bottles (away from sunlight and in a fresh and shadowy place) and on my constant success rate.

There is, however, a much more objective point: we all love Bruce, Stone Inc, LaCroy, etc, but we perfectly know that they are selling pheromone products to make money; so if their lifetime should be, let\'s say, three or six months, be sure they would have told us that, to make us update our arsenal on a 6-months base.

Since this isn\'t happening I can come to at least two conclusions:

1) We are dealing with honest and nice people, and
2) lifetime of the products, when stored properly, can extend almost indefinitely.

ToBeOrNotToBe
06-20-2003, 01:22 PM
What about a mix? If you mix two products in a bottle (for example, NPA and SoE), will the combo last as long as the 2 products in their own bottles?

Nimbus
06-20-2003, 02:06 PM
I can think of another way to put this question: when you mix two products in a bottle, do the components react with each other for some strange chemical reason?

If the answer to this question is \"no\", well then you can safely say that the lifetime of the combo is no shorter than the one of the product with the shorter lifetime. If it\'s \"yes\" that\'s another matter.

Unfortunately we aren\'t told what there is exactly in NPA, and even with that information we\'d need a chemist to shed some light. This might be an interesting question for the pro\'s in the laboratories of Stone and LaCroy... I\'m sure that they are aware of the mixing fever that occurred here and maybe they took some time to test some of the recipes presented here.