PDA

View Full Version : New Amouage fragrance

CptKipling
06-19-2003, 06:17 AM
Ciel, and it\'s out for the spring, apparently.

Its a much fresher scent, i think it smells pretty good on me, and so did some other people today, so possibly more suited to younger guys?

Anyone else smelled it?

franki
06-19-2003, 07:23 AM
They are sending me a sample (well at least they promised in of their mailings) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Charisma
06-19-2003, 07:54 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Ciel, and it\'s out for the spring, apparently.

Its a much fresher scent, i think it smells pretty good on me, and so did some other people today, so possibly more suited to younger guys?

Anyone else smelled it?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Yeah. This one actually smells good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MaxiMog
06-19-2003, 12:15 PM
It\'s pretty good indeed. Still, I have to say that, like all Amouage fragrances up to now, it has to grow on you. The more you wear it, the better it gets.

ShyGuy
06-19-2003, 03:13 PM
The Amouage Ciel samples dropped into my mailbox yesterday. I must say it is really, really good, both the mens and ladies version. I\'m still trying to decide if it\'s better than Dia. Ciel has a milder scent.

For the last days I have been trying out a lot of colognes, trying to find a good summer scent... it isn\'t easy... none of the colognes I tried are as good as Dia or Ciel... if only they weren\'t so expensive... (Since I live in Norway I have to add $40-50 to the price to cover taxes/customs fees /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

MaxiMog
06-20-2003, 01:03 AM
Since I live in Norway I have to add $40-50 to the price to cover taxes/customs fees

Isn\'t that only when you do it the stupid way?

Normally you can ask the sellers to fill in a way lower price/value on the invoice and have it sent as a gift. That way, the additional taxes will sometimes be completely avoided as the amount you would have to pay extra is so low.

MaxiMog
06-20-2003, 07:13 AM
Apparently www.amouage.com (\"http://www.amouage.com\") doesn\'t sell the Silver (http://www.parfumsraffy.com/amouage2.jpg (\"http://www.parfumsraffy.com/amouage2.jpg\")) anymore (only Silver Cologne for Men, but that wasn\'t the same as the original Silver for men in the lead-crystal bottles). I don\'t know why, though; I think the Silver is very good!

BassMan
06-20-2003, 09:10 AM
Apparently www.amouage.com (\"http://www.amouage.com\") doesn\'t sell the Silver (http://www.parfumsraffy.com/amouage2.jpg (\"http://www.parfumsraffy.com/amouage2.jpg\")) anymore (only Silver Cologne for Men, but that wasn\'t the same as the original Silver for men in the lead-crystal bottles). I don\'t know why, though; I think the Silver is very good!

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">It was replaced by the Ciel. There is a special sale on the silver, transactions are through Harrod\'s, in sterling. Drop Wendy a line.

CptKipling
06-21-2003, 03:43 AM
How does Silver comopare to Ciel? I never got my Silver sample.

BassMan
06-21-2003, 05:45 PM
How does Silver comopare to Ciel? I never got my Silver sample.

I haven\'t gotton my Ciel sample yet. I\'m envious /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I\'ll try to compare them when I get the Ciel.

I like the Silver a lot. I am probably going to buy a bottle on sale.

franki
06-21-2003, 05:54 PM
Got my Ciel.
I had a decent night out with Amouage Ciel (and TE/WAGG). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

franki
06-22-2003, 03:29 AM

I had a decent night out with Amouage Ciel (and TE/WAGG). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Actually it was quite nice with lots of girls smiling and making eye contact on the dance floor. In the end, me and some other guy were dancing with two girls (18-20). At the end, that other guy *got* the better looking girl, and I was too stupified to go with the other girl, that was also quite nice and good looking. Yes, it was probably the alcohol and the fact I haven\'t been around good looking girls for too long. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Oh well, I will stop before I start ranting. I used quite a bit of the Amouage Ciel together with 3 sprays of TE and 3 or 4 drops of WAGG, so I was really loaded but it seemed to work well in the club atmosphere.

DrSmellThis
06-22-2003, 04:20 AM
Sounds like a fun night! Next time close!

ShyGuy
06-22-2003, 10:25 AM
Since I live in Norway I have to add $40-50 to the price to cover taxes/customs fees

Isn\'t that only when you do it the stupid way?

Normally you can ask the sellers to fill in a way lower price/value on the invoice and have it sent as a gift. That way, the additional taxes will sometimes be completely avoided as the amount you would have to pay extra is so low.

That works if you buy stuff on eBay, but many stores (like Love-scent) won\'t write a lower price on the package. And customs may open it anyway, especially if it\'s big/ looks expensive.

(Actually Love-scent is one of the best places to buy from, since the value they put on the package is about half of what they sell the product for. So, I haven\'t had any trouble with taxes on Love-scent products so far, but I don\'t buy more than one item at a time to be safe.)

CptKipling
06-22-2003, 10:52 AM
I\'m really liking Ciel!

When i wear it it\'s like a well balanced pheromone mix, reactions not too heavy but general impressions seem boosted (LOTS of lengthy eye contact, random conversations being started etc).

If it\'s anything like Silver I\'m getting some of that one sale!

franki
06-22-2003, 11:11 AM
Sounds like a fun night!

Yes it was. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif