PDA

View Full Version : Hiding Your Pheromones

Tommy
06-18-2003, 05:26 AM
Hey Everyone,

I\'ve been following the discussion board for a month or so now, and the past few weeks I have been experimenting with my AE + TE combination. So far... nothing has really changed or been affected by AE / TE -- the number of hits I had before pheromones and the number of his now is pretty much the same number. Who knows... we\'ll see...

Anyway, the question I have for you all is this:
Where do you hide your Pheromone bottles? I am sure that everyone is different, but I think that this is a potential problem for everyone that brings a woman home. You can\'t have the bottles sitting next to the cologne!?! What do you guys do?

Tommy

Andy
06-18-2003, 05:59 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
You can\'t have the bottles sitting next to the cologne!?! What do you guys do?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

That\'s exactly where they are, what kinda problem should this cause ?

jose
06-18-2003, 06:56 AM
I personally put mine under the bathroom cabinet under the sink. My Colognes are in the closet on top of the shelf, a decoy. Women are not stupid, I\'m sure they receive those spam emails about Pheromones. Women are curious and if they see a little bottle with a droper on it(which is strange to begin with)in your home and they read the word \"Pheromones\" on the label, they will put 2 and 2 together. Then the barrage of questions come on, \"why are you wearing this?\" \"Have you been using this on me?\"

SwingerMD
06-18-2003, 07:26 AM
Hi all,

What I usually do is tear the label off and affix my own label with names like, \"SOE\", \"PI/m\", \"RM\", etc . . .

amorolor
06-18-2003, 07:43 AM
Correct me if I\'m wrong but aren\'t ALL colognes designed to make you more appealing to others? That being said then what\'s so bad about pheromones? If the scent makes you more desireable great. Noone ever yelled at me for \"using\" Versace Dreamer on them. It\'s not like your putting drugs in their drink.

ToBeOrNotToBe
06-18-2003, 08:11 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Correct me if I\'m wrong but aren\'t ALL colognes designed to make you more appealing to others? That being said then what\'s so bad about pheromones? If the scent makes you more desireable great. Noone ever yelled at me for \"using\" Versace Dreamer on them. It\'s not like your putting drugs in their drink.

I couldn\'t agree more! But, anyway, I have to admit that it would sound weird our girls read \"pheromones\" or something like that in one of our \"colognes\". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

jose
06-18-2003, 08:19 AM
I think people are turned off by the idea that synthetic chemicals that alter your mood and mind are being used against them. Then there are the ones that ridicule you like your friends and family. Meanwhile you\'re getting dates and attention and they don\'t know why.lol

tallmacky
06-18-2003, 08:21 AM
\" Correct me if I\'m wrong but aren\'t ALL colognes designed to make you more appealing to others? That being said then what\'s so bad about pheromones? If the scent makes you more desireable great. Noone ever yelled at me for \"using\" Versace Dreamer on them. It\'s not like your putting drugs in their drink. \"

The reason you never got yelled at for wearing a designer cologne/body spray, is because the women think they are the ones with the concious choice, with the power of choice. To a woman pheromones are not seen, or tasted, instead they take the back door and when first explained may seem like sleazy mind control. I can see why a woman would be pissed, especially when one is ignorant about the issue/subject, they seem to heighten things up and make it look like some sort of date rape drug. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif There are things that women do that I don\'t even want to ask about too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif She can find out you use phero\'s hell you can even tell her you use pheros you have nothing to lose. The effects are subconcious so she would doubt that the pheros are even part of the equation, besides it\'s \"love\", it\'s magical and no one can tamper with it, it can\'t be just explained (woman\'s Point of View).

Andy
06-18-2003, 08:43 AM
I had to hide my mones only in one case, and that was because one of my ex gfs was ill jealous.

Whenever this topic comes up I just say the truth. They are material I need for scientific field testing, because I am researching the connection between smell and attraction, period. I can get away with it easily because I have like 200 colognes in my showcase cabinet too.

@Jose
Do your friends ridicule you often ? There are two choices in such a case for me .. I don\'t take them serious because that\'s immature children\'s crap ... or I do take them serious and see it as an insult and that causes usually pain on the opposite side. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

franki
06-18-2003, 08:48 AM
Don\'t be paranoid and just say you use pheromones to get laid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif The fact that she is at your place is proof that pheromones work well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

amorolor
06-18-2003, 10:13 AM
To a woman pheromones are not seen, or tasted, instead they take the back door and when first explained may seem like sleazy mind control.

I can see your point but what about someone who reads A self improvement book on how to meet women or \"How to win friends and influence people\" for that matter. Those books teach you how to subconsciously manipulate people to get what you want from them. Does that make reading them sleazy? what about women using makeup to make their cleavage appear bigger then it is or to cover blemishes? How about wearing colors that make them look slimmer? Is that also dishonest? I think we all do things to try and get an \"edge\" whether it involves actually USING \"The Edge\" or not.
That being said, I can understand not advertising that you use these products, it\'s more fun without doing so. I just don\'t think you need to be ashamed of it or that you\'re doing anything wrong. It\'s not like women are hypnotized and fall on the nearest bed. They still have to like you, all this might do is help.

Sagacious1420
06-18-2003, 11:21 AM
If the perfume industry has been adding inferior grade (animal-derived, e.g. civettone) pheros forever, then where is the harm in supplementing your fragrance w/ mones that actually work? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You might want to stash your weights or bowlfex or whatever you use to build muscles, they might figure out that you are lifting weights to hook up w/ them...gosh, how sleezy is that.?. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Based on my experiences, I believe that many, many ppl know about pheros and their attranctant nature. I used to use a pheromone joke in one of my wine seminars. It is typical to experience nasal fatigue when tasting a lot of wines. You will commonly find ppl in the wine biz, and experienced tasters, smelling themselves (usually the back of their hand, for example) when they begin to experience fatigue. It is considered that to you, your natural scent is neutral and functions to \"clear the slate\" after being inundated w/ a lot of potent aromas. Just like the jar of coffee beens you commonly find in perfume shops is there to help \"clear\" your nose. So, I would explain to the class that they will, likely, experience nasal fatigue and if they do, just smell their hand or arm (anywhere unaltered by perfume/cologne)...then I would say something like \"just don\'t go smelling the person next to you, because then we\'re talking about pheromones and I don\'t think we want to go there...not today, at least.\" Virtually everyone knew what I was talking about and I always got a good laugh from the group.

So is it really that big of a deal to wear pheromones or is it that we have a preconceived idea that trying to attract women is somehow sleezy? No one is going to condemn you for practicing good hygeine, getting a good hair cut, wearing fashionable and attractive clothing, knowing how to converse w/ the opposite sex, etc. Does anyone doubt that you go to all this trouble to attract someone and do they really think you\'re sleezy for doing so? Of course not...otherwise that would mean that dishevelled, unbathed ppl are the only ones who aren\'t sleezy and that just doesn\'t make sense, now, does it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ya gotta know how to accessorize! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SonnyBlack
06-18-2003, 12:32 PM
If the perfume industry has been adding inferior grade (animal-derived, e.g. civettone) pheros forever, then where is the harm in supplementing your fragrance w/ mones that actually work? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You might want to stash your weights or bowlfex or whatever you use to build muscles, they might figure out that you are lifting weights to hook up w/ them...gosh, how sleezy is that.?. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Based on my experiences, I believe that many, many ppl know about pheros and their attranctant nature. I used to use a pheromone joke in one of my wine seminars. It is typical to experience nasal fatigue when tasting a lot of wines. You will commonly find ppl in the wine biz, and experienced tasters, smelling themselves (usually the back of their hand, for example) when they begin to experience fatigue. It is considered that to you, your natural scent is neutral and functions to \"clear the slate\" after being inundated w/ a lot of potent aromas. Just like the jar of coffee beens you commonly find in perfume shops is there to help \"clear\" your nose. So, I would explain to the class that they will, likely, experience nasal fatigue and if they do, just smell their hand or arm (anywhere unaltered by perfume/cologne)...then I would say something like \"just don\'t go smelling the person next to you, because then we\'re talking about pheromones and I don\'t think we want to go there...not today, at least.\" Virtually everyone knew what I was talking about and I always got a good laugh from the group.

So is it really that big of a deal to wear pheromones or is it that we have a preconceived idea that trying to attract women is somehow sleezy? No one is going to condemn you for practicing good hygeine, getting a good hair cut, wearing fashionable and attractive clothing, knowing how to converse w/ the opposite sex, etc. Does anyone doubt that you go to all this trouble to attract someone and do they really think you\'re sleezy for doing so? Of course not...otherwise that would mean that dishevelled, unbathed ppl are the only ones who aren\'t sleezy and that just doesn\'t make sense, now, does it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I like the points you guys made about how women also deceive us men by using push up bras, etc. I mean no one really looks at it this way but even makeup is a form of deceivant...why shouldnt we be allowed to make ourselves look better. Girls buy tons of accessories, facial agents, detoxifiers, etc to try to look good at all times...so why is it wrong for us men to want to as well?

DaVinciKittie
06-18-2003, 01:36 PM
Well, I sure hate to break up this nice off-topic discussion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, but to answer Tommy\'s original question, I keep my pheros in my personal refrigerator. I keep it in my room so no one has access to it but me. I usually keep things like water bottles, film, body gels and lotions in there, so it was easy to just slip the little bottles into the back. They seem to smell better, too, when they\'re cold (IMO). Oh, except for PI/w- that one solidified in the refrigerator so I keep it on my nightstand with my essential oil bottles. Blends right in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Andy, do you *really* have over 200 colognes?!?! God, I\'m so jealous! Please excuse me while I wipe the drool from my keyboard... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

amorolor
06-18-2003, 01:50 PM

Wow if you\'re right I\'m REALLY in trouble. I have 2 bottles of pheromones AND A Boflex in my place. Funny what you said about people being aware of them. I mentioned A good night I had recently to A friend of mine and he responded \"must have really had your pheromones working that night.\" It seems this is far from A secret as the many companies selling this type of product can attest.

tallmacky
06-18-2003, 01:57 PM
I can see your point but what about someone who reads A self improvement book on how to meet women or \"How to win friends and influence people\" for that matter. Those books teach you how to subconsciously manipulate people to get what you want from them. Does that make reading them sleazy? what about women using makeup to make their cleavage appear bigger then it is or to cover blemishes? How about wearing colors that make them look slimmer? Is that also dishonest? I think we all do things to try and get an \"edge\" whether it involves actually USING \"The Edge\" or not.
That being said, I can understand not advertising that you use these products, it\'s more fun without doing so. I just don\'t think you need to be ashamed of it or that you\'re doing anything wrong. It\'s not like women are hypnotized and fall on the nearest bed. They still have to like you, all this might do is help.

That\'s just it!, you hit on my point. If some girl is wearing makeup or doing whatever it is she is doing, I can see and tell conciously well hey Becca is looking nice today, I like what she is (isn\'t /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) wearing. People \"think\" they have a choice or an opinion on the matter. I don\'t think pheromones are sleazy but if you are going to give off this aura of attractivness you better back it up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I was only trying to look at it through the unknowing woman\'s point of view, and I think I am right in my assumptions. If you are keeping this a secret from your girl/lover then how can you possibly tell me this is 100% legit? Pheromones don\'t even measure on my scale of world problems and conflicts, but I will call it what it is. Think of it like Napster and such, where you could and still can (other programs) download free music without paying. I have seen so many people try to justify this, they try to make a loophole or excuse for their own behavior the truth is, yes it is wrong to steal music. Others may try to disagree with that, but I boldy say yes, it is a tad bit dishonest and I do do it. I may download music without paying and I will also tell you in that situation that yes I download it and it is wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (not high up there though).

Self help books are in effect changing you as a person, usually for the better right? Putting on the -mones is not changing you instead it is changing what those around you think of you. Manipulation is huge, no doubt right? I can\'t argue with some of your points because they are legit.

Andy
06-18-2003, 01:58 PM
I never counted them Kittie but I have two cabinetts full of commercial colognes, one of them is the showcase cabinett where I keep my favs. I am sure some of them already got rancid because I started collecting them about 10 years ago. I haven\'t counted the oils, resins aso in.

tallmacky
06-18-2003, 02:10 PM
You might want to stash your weights or bowlfex or whatever you use to build muscles, they might figure out that you are lifting weights to hook up w/ them...gosh, how sleezy is that.?.

=================

NAHHHHWWW, You earned that, there is no lie behind your muscle it\'s there and it exists right? It\'s not going to disappear after 10 hours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I personally don\'t hide my pheromones, my family knows about them I don\'t treat them as something top secret and I shouldn\'t. No one cares I can understand though why some don\'t speak of them because it just starts a flood of annoying and persistent question and such.

I know what you guys mean about, girls doing the things they do to appear better or more attractive. It is more important to them but aestetic beauty has always been more important as well, how many guys give a ugly girl undivdided and loving attention? I know some horribly ugly but well kept girls, but you never know they are ugly just by they way they are able to maintain themselves, usually it\'s just the money to buy and maintain all of this.

jose
06-18-2003, 07:32 PM

@Jose
Do your friends ridicule you often ? There are two choices in such a case for me .. I don\'t take them serious because that\'s immature children\'s crap ... or I do take them serious and see it as an insult and that causes usually pain on the opposite side. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nobody knows I have them, but there were some members on the board that told their friends and it didn\'t go to well.

amorolor
06-18-2003, 07:38 PM
Nobody knows I have them, but there were some members on the board that told their friends and it didn\'t go to well.

Noone likes to see someone having the fun they\'re not having or benefitting from what they\'re too lazy or cautious to do.

franki
06-19-2003, 12:09 AM

Noone likes to see someone having the fun they\'re not having or benefitting from what they\'re too lazy or cautious to do.

That is a strange spin. The way most people will see it, is that we are loosers that need pheromones to get what we want... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ToBeOrNotToBe
06-19-2003, 02:08 AM

That is a strange spin. The way most people will see it, is that we are loosers that need pheromones to get what they want... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

That would be the most common reaction, no doubt.

amorolor
06-19-2003, 03:29 AM

The way most people will see it, is that we are loosers that need pheromones to get what we want... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I think that would be one hell of A generalization. I guess if someone couldn\'t get A woman to look at him twice without this type of \"boost\" then perhaps that would be accurate. If, on the other hand, someone who does well with women wants to have some fun using this type of product then I think it might be percieved differently. There\'s nothing wrong with going to A strip club once in A while unless it\'s the only way to get A woman to talk to you. Bud Bundy on pheromones is still A loser. It\'s all about who you are.

franki
06-19-2003, 03:11 PM
This was a nice post by Bruce I found in the Archives. He is answering TCO in this post:

To All: RE whether to mone and tell or not: I think in TCO\'s case it is more of an image bolstering phenonmenon than a personal disclosure. By chance Jen happens to see T having a business meeting of some sort, exhanging mysterious little vials and later finds out that one of these guys flew in from Japan with the latest in commercial pheromone technology. Hmmm... pretty hefty ice-breaker, don\'t you think?

Aside from this type of situation, I think it is a bit of personal/secret and possibly \"sexy\" information that you might get good results dropping at the right moment if you are skillfull about it. To illustrate: imagine you are dining out with a beautiful woman and after a few drinks she mentions that on that very afternoon she finally got around to fulfilling a desire to shop for sexy undies at Victoria\'s Secret. Shawiiiing!
In contrast to this imagine you are visiting your buddy\'s grandmother at a nursing home and she whispers in your ear that she is not wearing panties. Now, trauma like that could cause sexual failure for several lifetimes if left untreated.

Bruce

For newbies: The guy flying in from Japan was Bruce, back in the days he used to live \"overseas\". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif