PDA

View Full Version : Instant ice cream

belgareth
06-17-2003, 04:47 PM
http://www.popsci.com/popsci/hometech/article/0 (\"http://www.popsci.com/popsci/hometech/article/0\"),12543,458641,00.html

DaVinciKittie
06-17-2003, 06:18 PM
Sweet! Great link Bel!

belgareth
06-17-2003, 06:20 PM
Thank you. Only another techie...

It does sound like a fun gag at a dinner party, prepare instant ice cream at the table. Most of my frinds are technical types, engineers and computer geeks, they\'d love it.

DaVinciKittie
06-17-2003, 06:23 PM
Oh yeah, my friends would definitely get a kick out of it too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Who doesn\'t secretly wanna play with liquid nitrogen?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

belgareth
06-17-2003, 06:29 PM
You haven\'t? It\'s lots of fun. A friend of mine uses LN on a rig for forming plastic. The machine heats it up and blows it over the plastic to get it hot enough to manipulate. It\'s ideal because it is so non-reactive. Once in a while he\'ll bring over a thermos of it to play with. Ever play with a hilsh vortex tube? They can be fun too. It is used to seperate high energy air molecules from low energy ones.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-17-2003, 06:35 PM
Bel, honey, don\'t encourage them.

belgareth
06-17-2003, 06:36 PM
But, but, but...

DaVinciKittie
06-17-2003, 06:57 PM
Oh, we used to play with it in chemistry class in college. That stuff rocks. We were all going around looking for things to freeze. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Can\'t say that I\'ve ever heard of a hilsh vortex tube though. Sadly, my engineering toys don\'t generally include plastics or chemicals. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

belgareth
06-17-2003, 07:03 PM
It\'s a pretty simple gizmo. In the center of the tube there os a hollow spiral structure (would have to draw it to make better sense). High pressure air is injected into the spiral, the high energy molecules follow the turns forcing the low energy ones out the other end. With 30-40 pounds pressure, you can get temps down in the -20 range.

Elana
06-17-2003, 08:48 PM
Oh, look who it is again....dork and dorkier. Maybe we should start a science for geeks thread on the forum. j/k
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

belgareth
06-17-2003, 08:51 PM
Well, I\'ve got to do something and they won\'t let me have explosives anymore. It really was just an accident but nobody seems to believe me. Takes all the fun out of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Elana
06-17-2003, 08:53 PM
I actually think you look sexier with 6 1/2 fingers

belgareth
06-17-2003, 08:56 PM
Most the hair has grown back too

Elana
06-17-2003, 09:03 PM
I don\'t mind the penciled in eyebrows either. I hope they grow back someday. You really shouldn\'t use the black marker when you do it.

belgareth
06-17-2003, 09:05 PM
Oh, you noticed. With the horn rimmed glasses I didn\'t think it was that obvious.

Elana
06-17-2003, 09:06 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Oh, you noticed. With the horn rimmed glasses I didn\'t think it was that obvious.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

You should get a pair like DVK has. I think the tape in the middle makes her look really hot!

DaVinciKittie
06-17-2003, 09:06 PM
Oh, look who it is again....dork and dorkier. Maybe we should start a science for geeks thread on the forum. j/k
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DOH! Low blow, miss Lingerie Queen. Try to keep the gloves up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Oh, come on, you know you think nerds are sexy... all that creativity just *waiting* for an outlet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

belgareth
06-17-2003, 09:08 PM
Really? I\'ll have to check that out. Pics?

Elana
06-17-2003, 09:09 PM
DVK....you know I like you a lot, but can you please pretend you don\'t know me when we are in public. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DaVinciKittie
06-17-2003, 09:11 PM
You should get a pair like DVK has. I think the tape in the middle makes her look really hot!

Why thank you! It\'s my signature look. You know, the hook that reels them all in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif After all, I *am* quite the hottie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DaVinciKittie
06-17-2003, 09:16 PM
DVK....you know I like you a lot, but can you please pretend you don\'t know me when we are in public. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif And here I thought we had something special. &lt;sniff, sniff&gt; I think I\'m going to need some consoling now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

belgareth
06-17-2003, 09:19 PM
Consoling huh? Gee, and we\'re almost neighbors. Hummmm.

Elana
06-17-2003, 09:22 PM
Consoling huh? Gee, and we\'re almost neighbors. Hummmm.

Cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Maybe you two can get together for some wild dungeons and dragons!

belgareth
06-17-2003, 09:23 PM
The dungeons could be interesting...

DaVinciKittie
06-17-2003, 09:30 PM
The dungeons could be interesting...

Mmmmmm... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif See there? Creativity... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tallmacky
06-17-2003, 11:55 PM
Creativity? More like S&amp;M bondage and torture.

belgareth
06-18-2003, 05:14 AM
Creativity? More like S&amp;M bondage and torture.

Your just jealous because she wants to play and I\'m closer.
J/K /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DaVinciKittie
06-18-2003, 02:02 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

EXIT63
06-19-2003, 04:44 AM
Belgareth\'s photo album. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://www.angelfire.com/yt/scully2/page10.html (\"http://www.angelfire.com/yt/scully2/page10.html\")

belgareth
06-19-2003, 04:53 AM
Belgareth\'s photo album. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://www.angelfire.com/yt/scully2/page10.html (\"http://www.angelfire.com/yt/scully2/page10.html\")

Close but you missed the Einstien hairdo and the bandaid holding my glases together.