PDA

View Full Version : Waxing

BassQT
06-14-2003, 09:50 PM
Hi everyone.. I just had a bad experience with waxing, ended up with having half my left eyebrow waxed off! Thanks to me doing this by myself!:p I am now debating whether I should wax my bikini area myself, instead of shaving (yuk). I don\'t know if I really want to go somewhere to have it done.. I think I\'m uncomfortable with that. Any pointers for waxing the bikini area and eyebrows? I might just go back to threading my brows.. if I keep on waxing half of them off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for any help!

**DONOTDELETE**
06-14-2003, 11:29 PM
What kind of wax did you use?

Elana
06-15-2003, 05:48 AM
FTR and I both use Micro Tweeze. You can easily do your bikini area with it, but as far as your eyebrows go, unless you have had a lot of practice, you should leave that to the professionals.

Andy
06-15-2003, 07:16 AM
... or walk around in \"Police Academy Style\" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I think threading eyebrows is better anyway, it leaves more control to you.

As far as it\'s warm wax, just don\'t let the wax dry out and pull the strip flat along your body, that should do the trick.

pelotudo
06-15-2003, 07:41 AM
what do u ladies think about guys who get their eyebrows plucked/waxed down a little bit to make them smaller? Yay or gay?

BassQT
06-15-2003, 07:49 AM
I used the AVON skin so soft Microwave wax kit. I don\'t think I cut the strips thin enough or something for my eyebrows. I think I also used too much wax, which caused some of it to adhere to the middle of my brow.

BassQT
06-15-2003, 07:50 AM
What is Micro Tweeze? I have never heard of that before.

Andy
06-15-2003, 08:14 AM
Jon- I think the only thing we should care about is not to have an unibrow. Just pluck the hairs above the nose in case you have some. I don\'t think it\'s gay ... but I think you might look too feminine quite easy.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-15-2003, 08:37 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
What is Micro Tweeze? I have
never heard of that before.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

MicroTweeze is a hard wax you can get at Sally Beauty. You warm it in the microwave until it\'s about the consistency of peanut butter and apply it with a little spatula - wait for it to harden, and pull it off. Because it\'s thick, it\'s easier to apply with precision. And -- dig this -- you don\'t need strips.

I\'m for a montly salon visit for waxing bikini area and eyebrows, and the MicroTweeze for touchups if you need them. I tweeze my arch so it stays precise, and then use the wax for any little hairs beneath it. That way the shape doesn\'t get ruined.

Ditto with the landing strip below. I leave that to the salon. It\'s too easy to mess up the line, and the precision of that line is fairly important because it affects the appearance of symmetry on your body.

How did you learn to thread?

For guys - just wax between your eyebrows and on your nose but don\'t pluck your brows, is my call on that.

proteus
06-15-2003, 12:13 PM

Ditto with the landing strip below. I leave that to the salon. It\'s too easy to mess up the line, and the precision of that line is fairly important because it affects the appearance of symmetry on your body.

Would like to work at that salon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Elana
06-15-2003, 12:44 PM
Micro tweeze is the best. I have been using it for years. I take off almost everything down there, and although it hurts like hell, it leaves you smooth as silk.

MOBLEYC57
06-15-2003, 01:38 PM
For what it\'s worth....a dollar and thirty nine...I\'ve shaved a few females in me time...I\'ve always hear them complaining about the pains of shaving, but I used the male mustache trimmer and me art skills to give them the eagle, bare, and tear drop looks. No complaints about bumping up, or ingrown hairs. In my male dancer days, I used it on meself as well...no problems at\'tall. It\'s a lot better than the razor, and sounds better than the waxing stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Nothing as eyecatching as a trimmed trim for those that like to see what they\'re eating! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Just sharing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Whatever!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Elana
06-15-2003, 01:42 PM
I was talking about my lips.....no shaver is going anywhere near them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

MOBLEYC57
06-15-2003, 01:50 PM
I was talking about my lips.....no shaver is going anywhere near them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

That\'s the same thing each one of them said before I got to work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif No, really, the teeth in the MUSTACHE shaver won\'t hurt\'cha tender little cuda lips, nor would it cut the skin there El. I wouldn\'t lie to you, your outter lips can take it, annnnnd it tickles (vibrator, so you know I kept it close to a certain spot to cause a cummer during me work). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Anywho, it\'s a good deal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Chicken! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Elana
06-15-2003, 02:22 PM
I can\'t see a pussy shaved with a shaver to last more than a few days. Waxing keeps you smooth for at least two weeks. I\'ll admit that the idea of a guy shaving me with a vibrating tool does sound rather appealing and a whole hell of a lot of fun, but I don\'t think it would be very practical. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BassQT
06-15-2003, 03:58 PM
Really? I should try that. I will stop by Sally\'s this week and buy some! I learned threading by watching a lady thread my friends\'s brows and upper lip. Basically, you just get cotton thread, twist it while inserting your finger in the closed end, and place the free end between your teeth. Then, you pull the free end while it\'s line up amongst a row of hair. I tried it on my legs, and I actually threaded my husband between the brows. There\'s no way to thread brows by yourself, though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Once you have it done for your brows, it\'s worth it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-15-2003, 07:41 PM
Ditto with professional waxing - it\'s worth the money and the pain - it leaves you soft and you stay soft - the hair grows back in soft - with any kind of shaving, you get whiskers. I can\'t STAND that. On me or anyone I\'m with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DaVinciKittie
06-15-2003, 09:29 PM
I know you posted about waxing, but I wanted to give you the link to what I use. I actually found this through a link that one of the guys here posted (his GF uses it I believe), and I *LOVE* this set. I\'m all about waxing too, but I can\'t satisfactorily do it myself and I\'m too lazy to go to a salon regularly, so this is the perfect alternative. The set is a trimmer and a \"shaver\" (it\'s a lot like men\'s electric shavers), and it comes in a little carrying pouch with a 2 oz bottle of baby powder. You only need the trimmer to get the hair down to a stubble, then you use the shaver. It cuts *really* close, especially considering it\'s a shaver, and I don\'t get any irritation from it at all (although, it does require daily usage to keep the sofness, but it\'s really easy to use and it\'s quick). It\'s safe to use anywhere b/c it doesn\'t pinch (honestly!), and I feel like it gives me a lot more freedom to be creative.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I even use it under my arms b/c it\'s so much closer than shaving. Anyway, here\'s the link if you want to check it out...

http://www.allnaturalbreastcare.com/bikini.htm (\"http://www.allnaturalbreastcare.com/bikini.htm\")

BassQT
06-15-2003, 10:03 PM
I know you posted about waxing, but I wanted to give you the link to what I use. I actually found this through a link that one of the guys here posted (his GF uses it I believe), and I *LOVE* this set. I\'m all about waxing too, but I can\'t satisfactorily do it myself and I\'m too lazy to go to a salon regularly, so this is the perfect alternative. The set is a trimmer and a \"shaver\" (it\'s a lot like men\'s electric shavers), and it comes in a little carrying pouch with a 2 oz bottle of baby powder. You only need the trimmer to get the hair down to a stubble, then you use the shaver. It cuts *really* close, especially considering it\'s a shaver, and I don\'t get any irritation from it at all (although, it does require daily usage to keep the sofness, but it\'s really easy to use and it\'s quick). It\'s safe to use anywhere b/c it doesn\'t pinch (honestly!), and I feel like it gives me a lot more freedom to be creative.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I even use it under my arms b/c it\'s so much closer than shaving. Anyway, here\'s the link if you want to check it out...

http://www.allnaturalbreastcare.com/bikini.htm (\"http://www.allnaturalbreastcare.com/bikini.htm\")

It looks pretty interesting...it doesn\'t hurt at all? I\'d probably have to wait until the redness and bumps go away on my bikini line area. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I will probably purchase the micro tweeze and the shaver, and try them both, see which one I like better. Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DaVinciKittie
06-16-2003, 12:43 AM
Nope, doesn\'t hurt at all. And the best part is- no razor burn. Hope it works as well for you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EXIT63
06-16-2003, 03:43 AM
Hmmmmm...Waxing Eh!

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_790939.html (\"http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_790939.html\")

Goddess
06-16-2003, 02:19 PM
DVK - You sold me. I just ordered the trimmer/shaver set. A few months back, I posted a thread about bikini area - bald or bush. As a result, I decided to get laser removal of all but a quarter shaped disk in the target area (I tell him to just aim for the bulls-eye - haha). As FTR reminded me, some guys like a little something there and you can always shave it off. So...I\'m getting some tattoos soon, there, and wanted to make sure it was bare as a baby\'s butt. But I don\'t like the grow in stage of stubble, or the pinch. Also, last time I shaved my guys balls, I nicked them - OUCH. He is really leery of letting me with anything sharp in that area again (can\'t say as I blame him). So we\'ll see if your shaver does the trick!!
Ginger

**DONOTDELETE**
06-16-2003, 02:21 PM
How many laser treatments did it take?

Goddess
06-16-2003, 02:29 PM
IT took me 5 treatments at about $350 a pop. But worth it in my opinion. I am sssoooo ticklish in the area where the thigh meets the torso. I had to use a mouth guard (like football players wear) in order to get thru them - hurt like hell in that crease. Also, a couple of times, I think they zapped a few nerve endings cuz I was aroused 24 hours a day for about 3-4 days. But it is SO smooth - not a stray hair in site. I\'m glad I did it, even with the cost. Imagine, never having to shave/wax here again, unless it\'s to get the quarter circle off. I had my guy shave me the way he liked it to look, then let it grow out about two weeks before my first treatment. I got the shaver so I could do the totally bald look and to shave him (if I can talk him into it again)
-G-

**DONOTDELETE**
06-17-2003, 04:05 AM
Definitely worth every cent, sounds to me like.

DaVinciKittie
06-17-2003, 01:35 PM
I hope the shaver set works out as well for you as it has for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Considering I ordered it online from a website I\'ve never bought from before, on the recommendation of a *male*, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was really impressed with it. Came so nicely packaged too. LMK how you like it!

BassQT
06-17-2003, 03:40 PM
I hope the shaver set works out as well for you as it has for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Considering I ordered it online from a website I\'ve never bought from before, on the recommendation of a *male*, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was really impressed with it. Came so nicely packaged too. LMK how you like it!

I told my hubby about it.. who knows, he might like it himself! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I am actually pretty excited about it.. that means i don\'t have to buy razors ever again! Does it have a pretty good warranty?

Lucky
06-17-2003, 03:45 PM
Goddess,
That laser was a hurtin\' b#tch...did it not hurt you?

DaVinciKittie
06-17-2003, 04:31 PM
I told my hubby about it.. who knows, he might like it himself! I am actually pretty excited about it.. that means i don\'t have to buy razors ever again! Does it have a pretty good warranty?

I always hated buying razors too- I wax or epilate my legs so I can\'t bring myself to buy a $20 razor that I\'ll only use for one or two little areas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif The Feather Touch comes with a 1 year warranty for maunfacturer\'s defects and a 30 day money-back satisfaction guarantee. I didn\'t check the trimmer (that\'s not something I need to use very often). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

druid
06-17-2003, 04:47 PM
how do they charge for that laser stuff? is is per hair, per square inch?? I wanted to do my back but it sounds expensive.

Lucky
06-18-2003, 09:11 AM
A male back starts out around $800 or so. Probably doesn\'t hurt as much on the back - the bikini line is VERY sensitive.

Goddess
06-18-2003, 02:08 PM
Lucky - Yeah it hurt bad the first time. 2nd time not at all, third time in spots only. I think it may have depended on where in my cycle I was - like I said, a coupla times some of the zaps were really strong, then arousal state next day. Once I got my mouthgard it wasn\'t too bad. Plus, I had a lady that went faster after the first session.

Druid - the aesthetic center that I went to charge by the area (brows, bikini line, full pubic, moustache, etc.) until you have scattered growth. Then they charge by the pulse for touch-up. The laser disk they used for the lip/chin was about dime-sized. The one for the bikini/pubic area was more like nickel-quarter size. In the bikini area I did have bruising (tender skin??)but put aloe gel on it immediately and it was fine. Also, after the first time I used a topical anesthetic cream 1/2 hour before the laser treatment which may be why it was more comfortable.

Hope this helps. -G-

Andy
06-18-2003, 02:17 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
Also, after the first time I used a topical anesthetic cream 1/2 hour before the laser treatment which may be why it was more comfortable.

Why the heck aren\'t they using a lidocaine containing cream or gel as general preparation ? I do understand why most ppl want to avoid it when gettin\' pierced, but I don\'t think many ppl are after the experience itself when it comes to lasering hair away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Goddess
06-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Andy - beats me...they told me that its \"not too bad\" as far as how uncomfortable it is. Well, let me tell you, they didn\'t know what a wuss they were dealing with! I picked up my own lidocaine cream and it sure made things sweet after that! (They did say that the cream they use is about $50/jar - about a 4 oz. size. But the lidocaine I used was around $30/6 oz. tube. and well worth the no-pain!)

Maybe other centers do use it as a routine. This one happened to be right next door to my workplace so was convenient for me.

I hope the anesthetic cream works as well for tatoos! (Or don\'t they really hurt??) That\'s my next project.
-G-

Andy
06-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Yup lidocaine cream works well with tatoos. You may still feel something because the ink has to be layed in the deeper skin layers that don\'t exchange like the epidermis. It\'s a problem to tell you whether it hurts or not. What might be ok for you might hurt like hell to smbd else. In general thicker skin areas are no big deal (except the back, that\'s a killer in most cases) and areas with thin skin are much more discomfortable. But I am quite sure gettin\' lasered without a local anesthetic is much worse.

Goddess
06-19-2003, 03:49 PM
DVK - wow, talk about fast service. I just got my shaver set today. Neat! I can\'t wait to try it out. Maybe a little at-home fun this weekend for my guy and me? I wonder if it\'s as arousing being shaved by your guy with a shaver as it is with a razor? I\'m sure gonna give it a whirl! -G-

BassQT
06-23-2003, 01:03 PM
I just received my Bikini Shaver today, it came with the feather trimmer and personal trimmer! Wow. It works really well, and best of all, no irritation, stubble or bumps! Thanks for the great advice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif