PDA

View Full Version : How do you tell a guy...

DaVinciKittie
06-12-2003, 01:39 PM
\"that he should look into other hairstyles?

I have a friend who\'s recently changed hairstyles, and I really think that the old style suits him better. How in the world do I go about telling him that he should go back to the old style, or at least something different?!?! He\'s kinda sensitive, so I don\'t want to hurt his feelings, ya know? TIA\"

pelotudo
06-12-2003, 01:46 PM
Tell him, straight up. Be like, yeah, it looks good now but doesn\'t look like \"you\". Tell him the other looks way better, and make up something like your friends say he looked hot w/ that. I went from laid down to spiked, and got a LOT more attention from girls. I then got it cut too short and now I\'m back to the laying down look and doing everything I can to get it back out cuz nobody likes it..and straight up told me.

Tell him to get some better products that wont leave his hair still. I\'ve got the curliest hair in the world, and I use this stuff called Rusk: Wild paste. It will stick it straight out spiked, but 5 hours later I can run my hands through my hair and it\'s still soft, and I can even restyle it if I want... The catch: the stuff costs $12 (From Trade Secret) for a bottle that lasts me about 3 weeks. Well worth the $$$ for me, maybe he needs to look in to somethin like that.

-Jon

Whitehall
06-12-2003, 02:21 PM
Looking sexy and looking right for work are often two different things. Finding a haircut that\'s both is not easy to do.

Tell him that and tell him to keep trying.

CJ01
06-13-2003, 04:02 AM
Why tell him at all you don´t like his new hair style. I´d leave it unless he´s asking your opinion about it, then you can be honest and tell him.
I mean it´s his hair, he´s got to be happy with it and chances are he´ll be trying something else sometime later.
I find it difficult to picture the hairstyles of your friend, however seing as I can´t stand when a guy has some gunk smearing in his hair (if I´m gonna be touching it)I´d presumably prefer his new `style´. At least his hairs clean now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Charisma
06-13-2003, 08:55 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Looking sexy and looking right for work are often two different things. Finding a haircut that\'s both is not easy to do.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
Well-chosen words, Whitehall!

Tell him that and tell him to keep trying.

Better: instead of \"trying\" (either you do or you don\'t /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) tell him that gay men really dig his hair cut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
If he\'s homofobic he\'ll change instantly, if he\'s not, take him to a gay bar and they\'ll tell him for sure that his hair cut sucks! (right guys? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

**DONOTDELETE**
06-13-2003, 09:24 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You say, \"Baby I luv you but that hair\'s got to GO.\" With a big smile.

Charisma
06-13-2003, 01:08 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You say, \"Baby I luv you but that hair\'s got to GO.\" With a big smile.

Hmmmm, very convincing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CJ01
06-14-2003, 02:53 AM
nah wait, if you tell him that his hair´s got to GO he may end up shaving it off and go bald. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Is that what you want?

bundyburger
06-14-2003, 04:20 AM
I would LOVE to be told.

If I look better with a certain haircut I want someone to be gutsy enough to tell me. As long as they aren\'t telling me in a mean way of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

He\'ll appreciate your opinion.

pelotudo
06-14-2003, 07:19 AM
I would LOVE to be told.

If I look better with a certain haircut I want someone to be gutsy enough to tell me. As long as they aren\'t telling me in a mean way of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

He\'ll appreciate your opinion.

Agree perfectly

**DONOTDELETE**
06-14-2003, 06:42 PM
Figure out a product that would work for him, and sometime when you\'re very relaxed and content together, you could stroke his hair and say something like, \"You know, it\'s true your hair has more touch appeal this way, no question ... it\'s just ... I really liked the other style so much. I like this too, but I thought the other was so flattering to your looks. Have you ever tried So and So Product? It doesn\'t make your hair so stiff but it would let you be able to style it more like you had it before.\"

akinu
06-18-2003, 12:39 PM
How attractive do you find a guy who shaves his hair completely, provided that he has a nice head curve. A guy sweeter and much less bulky than vin diesel but has the same hair type

Sexyredhead
06-18-2003, 12:54 PM
Diesel does nothing for me, personally, so I can\'t comment there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

As for shaving your head, well, some guys can do bald and some guys can\'t. It really doesn\'t matter either way for me if a guy has hair, if that\'s what you\'re asking. Do your friends think you look good that way? Do YOU think you look better that way?

I\'m sorry if I sound a bit vague, but without a pic of you it would be hard to say. It\'s like asking us if you\'d look better with red hair as opposed to whatever color it is now. We just can\'t tell.

DaVinciKittie
06-18-2003, 01:51 PM
Yep, what SRH said. Every guy is different- some can pull off bald and some can\'t. Same as some women can pull off short and choppy and some can\'t. My dad just shaved his head (he\'s 47) and he looks great with it (looks like a bouncer now whereas he was kinda mousy before), but before he did it we all thought it was going to look awful. The moral is, you just can\'t tell. Shave it and see what happens. The worst thing that could happen is that you hate it and it takes a month to grow back out. *There\'s* a test for the pheros! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

akinu
06-19-2003, 05:10 AM
I am already shaven, and especially girls say that Im much better that way, but yknow theyre friends. I wanted to know if girls have a negative thought about shaven guys, sut it looks like you like it if it fits,

CJ01
06-19-2003, 09:22 AM
I agree, some men look pretty cool with a bald head but many don´t. I don´t like semi bald either, it´s even worse I reckon.
I can see a guy with a bald and say, okay it kinda suits him but I wouldn´t go out with a guy who shaves his head. It´s simply that for me a good head of nice,healthy hair is very important I just find it really attractive and sexy. I do like to play with a guys hair in particular when we´re being intimate so to speak.
Besides, why would a man with great hair want to shave it off anyway? I mean what a waste!!!

Plus, hair is a sexual attractant in both men and women, it sort of represents youth, virility etc why get rif off it?

CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

akinu
06-20-2003, 12:53 AM
Well, recent articles show that au contraire, the bald head is the sign of virility because of high testos levels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CJ01
06-20-2003, 09:28 AM
Nope, baldness has nothing to do with high testosterone levels. Sorry. And besides if it this were correct it would not apply to those who just shave their hair because they´re too lazy to look after it.

I stand by the rest too, hair has always been a very important attraction factor.

upsidedown
06-20-2003, 10:15 AM
Cool. That\'s what I like to hear because I\'ve still got all my hair. Now, another hair question. How do you ladies feel about greying hair on a guy? And how do you feel about older guys who dye their grey hair? (Not that I do it....just wondering.)

MOBLEYC57
06-20-2003, 11:49 AM
And besides if it this were correct it would not apply to those who just shave their hair because they´re too lazy to look after it.

I stand by the rest too, hair has always been a very important attraction factor.

Hey! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I don\'t shave my head because I\'m too lazy to look after it! I shave because I get tired of that bald spot back there waving at me in the morning when I\'m brushing me teeth! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Pussycat! Pussycat! I love you. Yessss I doooooooooo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Sagacious1420
06-20-2003, 01:01 PM
Cool. That\'s what I like to hear because I\'ve still got all my hair. Now, another hair question. How do you ladies feel about greying hair on a guy? And how do you feel about older guys who dye their grey hair? (Not that I do it....just wondering.)

Upsidedown-
It has been my experience that girls do like a touch of grey. In years past, whenever one of my girls would meet my dad, they would just be totally gaga over his white hair. So I have been looking forward to it ever since. Girls tell me all the time that they think it looks sexy and distinguished. Now, in my case, I think the fact that my face looks nearly a decade younger than my age, certainly helps. I recently broke up w/ a gal who always said that I should NEVER color it, that it was soooo sexy. My friend Ashley calls me \"silver streak\" and loves to touch my hair, she says she can\'t help herself...it\'s just too sexy to ignore...and we\'re totally platonic, so it\'s not like she\'s hitting on me or anything like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

akinu
06-20-2003, 02:39 PM
And besides if it this were correct it would not apply to those who just shave their hair because they´re too lazy to look after it.

Hey! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I don\'t shave my head because I\'m too lazy to look after it! I shave because I get tired of that bald spot back there waving at me in the morning when I\'m brushing me teeth! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Pussycat! Pussycat! I love you. Yessss I doooooooooo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

YeahI was kidding about testos levels,but often shaving a head regularly needs more attention and skincare than long hair. I would reverse that argument and say guys get long hair because they are too lazy to go to a barber? Nope. Anyway guess there is no \"answer\" to this question. I will find a lady who loves a shaven hair /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif