PDA

View Full Version : New Favorite Cover Colognes

Whitehall
06-11-2003, 09:49 AM
Got some new Creed vials and was really impressed with two.

For office use, Bayrum Vetiver mixed with some old formula Pheromax is a good combination at 4 parts Creed to 1 part Px. It\'s a snappy scent with a solid base note. It\'s not quite as \"in-your-face\" as Green Irish Tweed but is sweeter and \"alive.\"

For romance, Santal Imperiale with NPA, 4 to 1. Santal is a sandalwood base but very rich and warm. It\'s something like Tabarome or Bois du Portugal but better to my taste. The NPA fills out the basenotes and blends in very well. It probably will take a higher portion of NPA, maybe 2:1, although I\'m going to try 3:1 to be safe.

DrSmellThis
06-13-2003, 05:32 AM
Believe it or not, my new favorite cover scent -- it\'s organic, fresh and clean (lavender and chamomile notes, etc.) but still sandalwoody and musky -- is something I picked up at a health food market:

\"HBG Sandalwood Aftershave for Men\"
-- comes in a green Plastic (!) bottle for, like, under $15.00!

I must be losin\' it... But that stuff covers up stink and turns it into sexy freshness. I\'ve been getting compliments often. Just a basic, classic male scent. BTW, I was wearing it in the \"lick my assh*le\" incident, to cover up my just been laid smell (Cops work for me thread).

I pretty much try everything I see that says it\'s only pure essential oils.

Elana
06-13-2003, 05:45 AM
DrSmellthis- Is this what you got?

http://www.honeybeegardens.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cat=7&cart=3453 (\"http://www.honeybeegardens.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cat=7&cart=3453\")

DrSmellThis
06-13-2003, 05:58 AM
That\'s the stuff. I got the sandalwood. Damn, that\'s cheap!
I imagine the Bay Rum and Vermont aftershaves are worth trying, too. Feels good on my face, too.

Elana
06-13-2003, 06:00 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
That\'s the stuff. I got the sandalwood. Damn, that\'s cheap!
I imagine the bay rum is worth trying too.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

For that price, they are all worth trying.

Andy
06-13-2003, 07:21 AM
LOL, I am walking unusual paths lately too *g*. I love the smell of the body cooler from nickel so much that I apply it after a shower and don\'t bother adding cologne later even when wearing mones ;P.

pelotudo
06-13-2003, 09:32 AM
I was considering getting some of that stuff, but couldn\'t figure out which scent I should try. I do like the scent of Sandalwood, but witch would you guys recommend?

-Jon

jose
06-13-2003, 09:55 AM
Intimate Research\'s \"HOOPS\" or \"The Roman\", Jordache\'s \"Drakkar Noir\".

B2C
06-13-2003, 10:03 AM
Too Sexy; from Victoria\'s Secret.

B2C

DaVinciKittie
06-13-2003, 01:54 PM
Too Sexy; from Victoria\'s Secret.

B2C

Actually, it\'s Very Sexy... and yes, it IS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Andy
06-13-2003, 02:14 PM
It\'s \"Very Sexy For Him\" afaik ... that must be sumthin\' like Elana. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

B2C
06-13-2003, 09:05 PM
Youo guys are right.... It\'s called Very Sexy, but when I put it on I\'m \"Too Sexy\". Common mistake. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

B2C

pelotudo
06-13-2003, 09:08 PM
ROFL. My X got me a bottle of that w/ aftershave giftset for XMas this past yet. Smells good, but I never got any reactions and it just didn\'t smell like \"me\" so I stopped wearing it and went to others.

I usually wear:

Armani Mania
Acqua Di Gio
Ralph Lauren Romance
Angel (Used like once, anyone wanna buy like a full bottle 1.7oz?)
Very Sexy For Him
Coolwater
Realm/m (Hardly ever use)
Curve (starting to use more and more)
Laugerfield Jako (haven\'t used in a while)
Joop (never use anymore)
and an aunturage of AXE and BOD bodysprays.

Out of those, which do u girls like the best?

-Jon

caz
06-13-2003, 10:33 PM
i think I could add a couple of names to your list:

- Happy (Clinique)
- Le Male (Jean Paul Gaultier)
- The new Acqua di Gio (Armani)
- Emporio Armani (Armani)
- Masculine (Dolce &amp; Gabbana)
- Platinium (Chanel)
- Egoïste (Chanel)

caz

pelotudo
06-14-2003, 07:14 AM
Yeah, few more I found I had:

My Ocean
Preferred Stock
Domain
Escape
Abercrombie &amp; Fitch: Woods

akinu
06-14-2003, 02:53 PM
ULTRAVIOLET for men from Paco Rabanne. This is the ONLY perfume. Me and my friend got a tester of the Ultraviolet and since then it is the only one we use and it will be the only one I will use for a looong long time. Also girls love it too. I wouldnt go elsewhere, this is the ultimate cover fragrance.

Hungry
06-14-2003, 05:46 PM
ULTRAVIOLET for men from Paco Rabanne. This is the ONLY perfume. Me and my friend got a tester of the Ultraviolet and since then it is the only one we use and it will be the only one I will use for a looong long time. Also girls love it too. I wouldnt go elsewhere, this is the ultimate cover fragrance.

Ultraviolet is nice, but it\'s not THAT good.

It\'s not exactly a unique scent either.

Ultimate cover fragrance? That\'s a big call. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Besides, why do you want to smell the same as all your friends?

Hungry

Whiffy
06-14-2003, 06:16 PM
Anyone try Lacoste por Homme? That\'s a relatively new one, it\'s good, got jamaican rum and vanilla in it. I\'d use it for more intimate encounters. I alternate that with Thierry Mugler\'s Cologne, a real green scent great for the office and outdoors.

Charisma
06-15-2003, 04:46 AM
Anyone try Lacoste por Homme? That\'s a relatively new one, it\'s good, got jamaican rum and vanilla in it. I\'d use it for more intimate encounters. I alternate that with Thierry Mugler\'s Cologne, a real green scent great for the office and outdoors.

Yeah I did. To me it smells like cat pee &lt;yuck!&gt;

real_wiseman
06-17-2003, 05:47 AM
You guys should try the new fragrance from YSL called M7.
Rather sweet topnotes that blends into a really good basenote. I have tested M7 as a cover for (the \"old\") Pheromax and got compliments from both sexes about smelling good.

// W

akinu
06-17-2003, 11:06 AM

Ultraviolet is nice, but it\'s not THAT good.

It\'s not exactly a unique scent either.

Ultimate cover fragrance? That\'s a big call. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Besides, why do you want to smell the same as all your friends?

Hungry

Wow, OK. How \'bout Clinique Happy?

Andy
06-17-2003, 11:18 AM
Clinique is something you wear if you wanna be relaxed and haven\'t planned anything in my opinion. It\'s nothing I\'d wear if I planned to go out. It\'s the same with scents like Cologne (TM) or Weekend (Burberry).

Ultraviolet is a really bad choice as main scent. It\'s far too strong for casual occasions. It\'s like wearing A*Men, Opium or M7 in the gym. Many people don\'t understand that \"overdressing\" is possible with scents too. You need at least 2 different scents, one for casual and daywear and one for more official occasions and the evening. That\'s far too much of a compromise for me, but well ...

akinu
06-17-2003, 11:39 AM
Thanks Im getting it. Just two questions:

1)What brands would you consider for each occassion you mentioned?

2)I poured whole NPA into CK one for men. Was that a good idea?

EXIT63
06-17-2003, 11:42 AM
2)I poured whole NPA into CK one for men. Was that a good idea?

No!

Andy
06-17-2003, 11:51 AM
Nope, I don\'t think this was a good Idea, CK One is too light to cover the scent of NPA well, even in dabbed amounts. What size was the bottle you spiked ?

You should check out some scents yourself. It\'s always hard to give a suggestion. Colognes form a different scent on almost every skin .. what works for one might turn you into a freakin\' boar.

Just search for a lighter scent to swap with your Ultraviolet. I prefer a lighter Fougère for daytime occasions, you might like a Citrus or even Marine here. It\'s always hard to tell. Scents that almost count as classics are :

Aqua di Gio (Giorgio Armani)
L\'eau d\'Issey (Issey Miyake)
Cool Water (Davidoff)
Emporio Armani

aso aso aso

akinu
06-17-2003, 11:57 AM
1-I used to use Cool Water but its a very old perfume. I will check other suggestions as well. What is the \"night out\" arsenal?

2-So NPA needs a heavy cover fragrance. Like?

camusflage
06-17-2003, 01:21 PM
M7\'s great stuff.. I can get away with it in the daytime while the scent it most closely resembles, Gucci\'s Envy, is strictly a dressed-up-evening-out type of scent.

pelotudo
06-17-2003, 01:23 PM
I just smelled Clinique Happy/m for the first time the other day, and it smelled really good...but more of something for a casual wear instead of something romantic.

The girl I\'ve been dating wears Clinique Happy/w, and it smells so good. We saw the new Clinique Happy Heart/w while we were at Dillards. She put some on, 10 minutes later, and the scent alone was making me want to rip her clothes off... That might happen tonight actually :P

She loves Curve. I used to wear it, but stopped. I finally got my new bottle, couple sprays of it w/ a couple drops of AE and 1 NPA, and tonight should stack up pretty well.

-Jon

Andy
06-17-2003, 09:55 PM
There are many different factors that are important for choosing something for the night. What kind of guy are you, are you a light or dark type, how old are you, how present do you want to be, can you stand the attention you get with that presence? .. aso aso ... You will want a scent that fits you perfectly. Just go to a perfume store and take suggestions from the girls there.

Hungry
06-18-2003, 01:49 AM

Dunno, never tried it.

I wasn\'t criticising Ultraviolet. It\'s a very nice fragrance. One of my favourites, actually. But different fragrances suit different people, so there\'s no such thing as an ultimate fragrance.

But mainly, I just don\'t understand why you would wear the same fragrance as all your friends. It\'s like dressing the same and having the same hairstyle. Where\'s the individuality? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Find yourself something which your friends aren\'t wearing, and DON\'T tell them what it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hungry

camusflage
06-18-2003, 09:33 AM
I would STRONGLY suggest against going to the cologne counter and taking the advice of what they have to say. Take along a trusted female friend (perhaps one you\'re trying to get in the pants of? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) and listen to what she has to say works and doesn\'t.

Andy
06-18-2003, 09:52 AM
I don\'t think so, you might end up with a scent that everybody hates except your female friend in the worst case. The employees have a much better overview of the scents, more experience and are educated in \"scentology\"/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

akinu
06-18-2003, 10:08 AM
I don\'t think so, you might end up with a scent that everybody hates except your female friend in the worst case. The employees have a much better overview of the scents, more experience and are educated in \"scentology\"/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

In the US it may be true, but here girls dont know anything about scentology. I had asked for a light and citrusy perfume, one of that \"should be scentologs\" gave me Roma for men /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif In general what should cover NOL and RONE?

Andy
06-18-2003, 12:27 PM
It\'s not only true in the US, but in many other countries all over the world. I\'ve seen uneducated perfume shop employees even in Paris! on the other hand, so why don\'t you check out other shops and give them a try ? There have been only two cities where I really gave up and that have been Prague and Istanbul, but I am sure even there are good shops too.

akinu
06-18-2003, 12:43 PM
OLEEE! YOU\'VE BEEN TO ISTANBUL? THEN YOU CAN TELL ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH TURKISH GIRLS? (Though Istanbul girls are more open than Ankara (capital) girls)

Andy
06-18-2003, 02:09 PM
I had not much luck with turkish girls from the big cities, but you\'re right I think the girls in Istanbul are much more open than the ones in Ankara or Izmir. I had the best results so far in Antalya, Alanya and (the best ones) Side. I think you\'re living in the wrong region. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But you have to always check out the situation very very closely or you may end up with Iskender, Ercan, Tarkan and the rest of \"her\" brothers running behind you with big butcher knives /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. Depends hardly on the religious attitude of her family.

camusflage
06-18-2003, 08:15 PM
The problem with that will be that the folks selling you cologne have a vested interest in you buying something, and depending upon what they need to move, perhaps even what you buy. It\'s best to go with an impartial person..

Andy
06-18-2003, 08:29 PM
This might be an issue in general sales, but since the prices in all perfume stores are almost the same and the product range of them is almost the same too it doesn\'t really matter because you\'ll buy there anyway once you entered the door. I think they are far more interested in you coming back and there are only 2 ways to achieve this ... with good service and ... with good service /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. This includes matching scent suggestions of cause.

Charisma
06-18-2003, 10:10 PM
I couldn\'t find the thread, but I recall and excellent post by Dr. SmellThis on how to buy a cologne or perfume in a store. Anyone?

Andy
06-18-2003, 10:18 PM
Nope, but there is a nice article on Basenotes, which is back up again btw.

Basenotes (\"http://www.basenotes.net/\")

Just choose \"Buying fragrances\" from the right dropdown menue in the green head area of the page and click \"Go\".

akinu
06-19-2003, 12:01 AM
I had not much luck with turkish girls from the big cities, but you\'re right I think the girls in Istanbul are much more open than the ones in Ankara or Izmir. I had the best results so far in Antalya, Alanya and (the best ones) Side. I think you\'re living in the wrong region. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But you have to always check out the situation very very closely or you may end up with Iskender, Ercan, Tarkan and the rest of \"her\" brothers running behind you with big butcher knives /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. Depends hardly on the religious attitude of her family.

It is true, but I think your reason of success was that Alanya, Side are coastal holiday places and there are more foreineers than Turks there. Also it is a fact that women are more se*ually open when they are on vacation. But your lack of success e*plains my situation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif STILL I am getting paranoid. Some incidents make me believe that no matter how religious a girl is, she finds SOME way and SOME one to have se* with and still SOME how keeps this a secret. That is amazing to me and I am starting to believe that some male minority benefits much from this \"trade\". Not true of course, but I know that Turkish girls are not as angel as they are known to be. If only I could find a way through this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Andy
06-19-2003, 01:17 AM
The Turkey is in the middle of a society change. It gets closer and closer to the west, but tries to keep his culture (that might be because of the religion too).
The result is that almost everybody has a slightly different view of things. There haven\'t been so many foreigners in Side when I used to travel there, to be honest I just hate tourists, there\'s nothing that makes me more sick.
Of cause turkish girls are no angels, they have desires like everyone else. The mentality in Side and the whole coastal region around Alanya remembered me more of italy than turkey. The funny thing is that you end up with a different (more conservative) mentality only one city behind the coastal line. You can be lucky at least that you don\'t live in Anadolu (I don\'t know the english name so I write the turkish one for you to understand it at least), that would be a problem dating wise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. There are still some placed where the bed sheets of the freshly married couple are beeing showed to the family of the groom to prove that the girl has been a virgin. I don\'t think there are much chances to find some way to be naughty before the wedding in this case. Is it hard to get to know girls in general or just to get them to have sex with you ?

akinu
06-19-2003, 02:26 AM
Wow! You really know much about Turkey.

Actually I am in the Anatolia(anadolu) region as Ankara is just in the middle of Turkey. But still, I am in a very \"American\" university, despite girls are not as open as the ones in the coastal region. You are absolutely right about the culture thing. In Ankara we still have girls trying to keep their virginity until marriage and after 4 hours of car ride, in Istanbul you may find some one night standers.

It is hard to answer your question. There is waay too much chaos and confusion over the relationships; everyone has different opinions. There are some girls who dont care about virginity, which are called as whores by some idiots and some girls do care about virginity which are called as bitches by the same idiots. It is too difficult to walkup to a girl and start a conversation. To be a friend you have to be a friend\"s friend meet most girls. Dating has a 7 difficulty over 10 even if you dont plan anything with her bedwise. Se* is too difficult, you have to know her for about two months at least and she has to be in love with you. But this is an average picture. I get paranoid because when I say \"tr girls are difficult\" I feel like I am making up an e*cuse for that and thus I want to push the limits to see if it is true. However, to turn back to topic, can this situation be the reason why I cant see any results with phermones for 5 years?

Charisma
06-19-2003, 04:57 AM
The problem is in YOUR head. Let me explain why:
can this situation be the reason why I cant see any results

It\'s not the situation. It\'s you. You don\'t see...yet. You believe you cannot see, but you can! Open your eyes, learn to see in a different way. Expand your peripheral vision for example. Next to that you talk in \'difficulties\'. Read your own postings again. Reframe my man, reframe! And you\'ll see a whole new world opening up for you.

Maybe you think I\'m not writing in a nice way, but I think it\'s time to open your eyes NOW! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

akinu
06-19-2003, 05:33 AM
Always open for a good NLP discussion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Thanks for the last embedded command, but it has been 3 years since I plunged into NLP and Ross Jefferies stuff, only to realize that true NLP and speed seduction should be used in the language in which its learned. They havent done much good to me unfortunately. But I know that they work (same situation with pheros). I appreciate and thank you for your help. Can you get into more detail on what e*actly I am doing wrong? You may be %100 right but I didnt get it.

Charisma
06-19-2003, 07:53 AM
PM me

Andy
06-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Ankara is one of the most modern and biggest cities in Turkey, it\'s right following up behind Istanbul. I wouldn\'t have guessed that there are still such severe problems. It developed constantly after around 1920 (The first turkish republic was founded around that time as far as I remember). It was a little province town by that time and developed really quick and is even the capital of the turkish republic now, but I guess you knew that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I meant the surrounding area by mentioning Anatolia, even Side is located in Anatolia, at least geographically, but the mentality is completely different. The problem in Ankara is the strong religious bonding that\'s still present. Ankara is just a city of great historical importance, the \"Anit Kabir\", the \"Ahi Serefaddin\", the museum of anatolian culture aso aso. That leads to the \"problem\" that many of the inhabitants are really close to their old culture. This is no bad thing at all but might lead to the problems you described. The girls aren\'t used to react the way they\'d like to because they are considered to be a whore really soon. I understand that it\'s not that easy for them. I think they wouldn\'t show her attraction that easily, even if they get dropdown wet by the impact of your pheros. I think the best thing is to keep things light and put some effort in just getting people to know. The coastal line has the benefit of the hotel clubs, you\'d be able to fvck some tourists at least /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. But I understand your problem too well, almost every friend I had in Turkey married someone in Switzerland, Austria or Germany and moved out of Turkey.

abductor
06-19-2003, 12:16 PM
I know that AE/m smells good but, which is a good suggestion to cover AE/m? (Cool Water Man ?)

franki
06-19-2003, 12:54 PM
Ankara is one of the most modern and biggest cities in Turkey, it\'s right following up behind Istanbul. I wouldn\'t have guessed that there are still such severe problems. It developed constantly after around 1920 (The first turkish republic was founded around that time as far as I remember). It was a little province town by that time and developed really quick and is even the capital of the turkish republic now, but I guess you knew that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I meant the surrounding area by mentioning Anatolia, even Side is located in Anatolia, at least geographically, but the mentality is completely different. The problem in Ankara is the strong religious bonding that\'s still present. Ankara is just a city of great historical importance, the \"Anit Kabir\", the \"Ahi Serefaddin\", the museum of anatolian culture aso aso. That leads to the \"problem\" that many of the inhabitants are really close to their old culture. This is no bad thing at all but might lead to the problems you described. The girls aren\'t used to react the way they\'d like to because they are considered to be a whore really soon. I understand that it\'s not that easy for them. I think they wouldn\'t show her attraction that easily, even if they get dropdown wet by the impact of your pheros. I think the best thing is to keep things light and put some effort in just getting people to know. The coastal line has the benefit of the hotel clubs, you\'d be able to fvck some tourists at least /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. But I understand your problem too well, almost every friend I had in Turkey married someone in Switzerland, Austria or Germany and moved out of Turkey.

Thanks for the history lesson, Mr.Andy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Andy
06-19-2003, 01:25 PM
I just wanted to bring this stuff into the right cultural context. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I\'ve been writing while thinking about Akinu\'s problem and that\'s the result ;P.

akinu
06-20-2003, 12:47 AM
You are great Andy! So girl MAY not react even if they are effected by phermones? That was the answer I was trying to find. Good advice, good history knowledge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It gets very disappointing when you apply 3 sprays of TE and even 2 sprays of Pheromax and still get no minor hit.

franki
06-20-2003, 01:04 AM
It gets very disappointing when you apply 3 sprays of TE and even 2 sprays of Pheromax and still get no minor hit.

I bet almost ALL of us won\'t get a hit wearing that much. It is just too much. Check out Tallmacky\'s Theory Of Indifference OD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

akinu
06-20-2003, 07:06 AM
3 sprays was maximum. Of course I tried 1-2 sprays of TE, again 1-2 sprays of Pmax, 2 to 8 inches of SOE, 1 to 3 drops of NPA, 1-3 drops of WAGG and later I tried to mix NONE products with NOL and RONE products in 1/4 2/3 3/2 4/1 ratios. No problem with that; but still I MAY be doing sth wrong. But what we are trying to discuss with Andy is that girls are not responsive at all here. So you cant understand whether the phero doesnt fit you or you have screwed up the mix or if the girl is interested you cant tell even with observing body language. The problem is not technical, but of course I am not a pro, I may be screwing up. The fact is you just cant understand! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Andy
06-20-2003, 08:27 AM
Why don\'t you check out some tourist chicks to test your application ?

ToBeOrNotToBe
06-20-2003, 12:06 PM
Did anyone here tried SPORT de paco rabanne? What do you think about it?

akinu
06-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Yeah I should try definitely try it. I will take my whole pack while going to Italy two weeks later. And it seems Italians respond good to pheros.

Andy
06-20-2003, 08:10 PM
Italy is a perfect testing ground, just don\'t come off to strong because italian girls have Giggolos around all the time and are quite sick of them. You\'d end up with the tourists again ... and compete with the local Giggolos in that case ;P.

Whitehall
06-22-2003, 01:00 PM
Himalaya - this one really is great - got a small sample vial at the mall and the SO keeps asking me to wear it.

As soon as I can find it a reasonable price, I\'m going to get a big bottle.

Charisma
06-22-2003, 11:17 PM

Excellent tip! I\'ve bought a bottle last weekend. Good summer scent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Thanks Akinu, Andy, etc.

akinu
06-23-2003, 06:19 AM
When you buy Clinique Happy, ask for a free sample of Ultraviolet from Paco Rabanne. No one thinks its a big deal but still I am a big fan of it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif And should try this Himalaya too