PDA

View Full Version : Birth Control Pills & Pheromones

BassQT
06-08-2003, 02:46 PM
I was wondering... does using Pheromones reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills? (I don\'t know if this is really a stupid question since I am new to this) I was just reading different threads.. and some people mentioned that using pheros affect hormonal levels. Is this right? Thanks for any help! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Elana
06-08-2003, 02:48 PM
This has been asked several times and we all seem to think that the answer is no. I think that most of us here are on the pill and have never had any sign of a problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pelotudo
06-08-2003, 08:07 PM
Elana,

What about guys wearing -mones while you are on/off the pill? Is there a difference whatsoever, as the girl I\'m dating is on the pill for numerous reasons (menstral cycle, acne, etc...and hopefully for me birth control soon enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

-Jon

Charisma
06-09-2003, 03:34 AM
See this thread: http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=72519&page=&vi ew=&sb=5&o=&vc=1 (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=72519&page=&vi ew=&sb=5&o=&vc=1\")

BassQT
06-09-2003, 05:01 PM
Hmm.. well I read all the posts.., the answers were kind of unknown, to no, to yes.. so.. I was wondering if anyone on the pill and using pheromones actually got pregnant?
I guess, that\'s the most straightforward way to ask the question. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Watcher
06-09-2003, 08:57 PM
The straightforward answer hasnt been researched yet i dont think.
A good topic to discuss though.

DaVinciKittie
06-09-2003, 09:33 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Elana,

What about guys wearing -mones while you are on/off the pill? Is there a difference whatsoever, as the girl I\'m dating is on the pill for numerous reasons (menstral cycle, acne, etc...and hopefully for me birth control soon enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

-Jon

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Hey Jon, are you inquiring about the effectiveness of pheromones *on* a woman who is on the pill as compared to one who is not? There\'s a link on JVK\'s pheromone.com website (under the \"layperson\" tab, listed as \"The pill changes women\'s taste in men\") to a BBC site that did an article on this. Summarizing, the article concluded that while it is unknown exactly how taking the pill affects sexuality, a study indicated that women taking the pill were less likely to be influenced by pheros (as compared to women not taking it- not sure if this includes other non-oral female contraceptives, such as Depo, but I would think that it does). I know that many such contraceptives are believed to negatively affect a woman\'s sex drive (including Depo), so these findings seem credible to me. I did not research this exhaustively and have only relayed the info above from reading a single article, but I thought it might interest you. If you\'re already familiar with the articles on JVK\'s site, then I apologize for the redundancy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sagacious1420
06-10-2003, 09:34 PM
Thanks for that \'lil morsel there DVK. It is my understanding that -nol increases the LH levels in women. Correct? Is it possible that altering a woman\'s \"normal\" hormonal profile, by introducing specific hormones thru the use of birth control pills, could have an effect on this hormonal profile and, therefore, influence LH levels in response to -nol? Doesn\'t seem that this should apply to -none, although JVK does say that woman react negatively to it.

Anyway, I was just reading this thread and
it got me thinking. Yeah, I know a scary thought, but....

Food for thought! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif