PDA

View Full Version : AE/w or SSC (sexy sport coupe)...

DaVinciKittie
06-08-2003, 03:45 AM
I have several L-S products now, but I have yet to really use them all. Mostly I\'ve been concentrating on AE/w (going to try out the products one by one so I can see the effects of them individually before I attempt to mix anything), and I almost always wear PCC. The last 2 times I\'ve gone out in public with AE (I work from a home office so I don\'t leave the house every day), I\'ve noticed that people (women especially) have been friendlier, and I\'m getting more attention from men than I usually do...

Tuesday I spent all morning out photographing flowers in 80+ degree weather, and stopped by CiCi\'s Pizza for lunch. I don\'t think I was looking *bad*, but I definitely looked like I\'d been out working for a few hours (grungy jeans, cut up athletic style t-shirt, hair not even brushed at that point, makeup suffering, etc). As I had passed the pay point and was starting in the buffet line, I noticed this man over at one of the registers (customer) staring at me. I had been standing closer to him just before, when I was still paying (probably about 5 feet then), and I didn\'t notice him staring then (although I was a little distracted with the paying and all), but when I was starting the buffet line (probably about 8-10 feet away), he was obviously staring. When I smiled at him, he looked away quickly (as if he realized he\'d been caught), then looked back at me. I went about my business at that point, but he watched me for couple of minutes like that, until he\'d finished paying for his order and left (take-out). Then I decided to wander next door to Sally\'s to check out the BTZ line that you guys raved so much about. Now I should tell you that I go into Sally\'s periodically but not enough that the people who work there know me. As I\'m walking around the store trying to remember the name of the product line (BTZ, but I\'d forgotten to write it down so I hoped I\'d just know it when I saw it), the sales lady was *really* friendly and helpful. *This*, I do NOT usually get in Sally\'s. She asked if she could help me find anything, and then took me straight to the BTZ section when I told her it was comparable to Tigi\'s Bedhead. It was near the back of the store, so once she\'d shown me to the spot, she went back to her work area but kept chattering about how much she likes the products and don\'t miss the coupons, and oh here\'s another line you might like and they even have a free gift, etc... are you new in town? (!!??) So, I said no, and we chatted for a few more minutes. Well, I didn\'t end up buying anything that day b/c I couldn\'t remember which products you guys had recommended. Oh, I had on 2 drops of AE/w (one on wrists and one behind ears) and about 6 inches of PCC (god, I LOVE that stuff!) that day.

Ok, then today I had on the same combination, except three drops of AE (one on each wrist and one behind ears). I was just going to the tanning salon, so I didn\'t put on any makeup or worry about my hair and had on running/yoga type pants and a t-shirt. Let\'s just say I wasn\'t exactly looking my best today. Anyway, after I tan I look like I have a sunburn for about 3 hours (due to the tingle factor in the lotion, not an actual sunburn), so add that to the image and that\'s what I looked like when I walked into Sally\'s today. As soon as I walked through the door, the guy who works there asked me how to pronounce the name of my car (he\'s a real cutie, BTW), so I told him (it\'s a red 2003 Tiburon, 6 speed MT 6 cyl., leather seating, etc), and kept walking toward the BTZ section. [Background: I don\'t ever assume a guy is hitting on me unless he\'s being obvious about it, or persistent, and I get comments about my car all the time so this didn\'t seem odd to me] Well I\'d been back there looking at the products for less than 30 seconds when he shows up again and asks if I need help with anything. I had forgotten my list and there was one that I couldn\'t remember then name of so I told him and he\'s standing there trying to help me narrow it down. Finally he gave up the pretense and just started talking to me. Here\'s me, making a valiant effort to figure out which product I was forgetting (it was the Super Sexy Styling Sauce btw) and picking up random products in the process- I must have looked like an idiot. Anyway, the conversation would down and he started to walk away when he turns and comes back asking if I work at the hospital b/c I look familiar. This starts up another conversation which ends with him getting my name and IM information (exchanged). So I get home and add him to my contacts, and I wasn\'t home for more than an hour when he comes online. We chatted for hours- longer than I\'ve chatted with anyone in a long time. Anyway, he mentioned that he\'d seen me in there a couple of times (I asked him to open a bottle of Snapple for me last time- had been struggling with the d@mn (\"d@mn\") thing for about 10 mintues and he just pops it open) and had wanted to ask me out but it didn\'t seem professional to be macking on the customers. LOL! So I asked him what persuaded him to talk to me this time and he said \"for some reason i seemed unusually drawn to you\" and \"something about you turned me on today\" (after talking to him for a while it seems as though this was true the first time he saw me too, but I thought it was interesting that he phrased both of these comments as specific to today). That\'s *gotta* be a hit. Woohoo! Sweet. Anyway, I\'m seeing him later today (since it is now morning), so I\'ll we\'ll see how the AE+PCC works in closer quarters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Just thought I\'d share my story!

EXIT63
06-08-2003, 04:09 AM
Exxxcelllent!

Sexyredhead
06-08-2003, 04:18 AM
That is soooo great, DVK. You have fun today! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-08-2003, 06:46 AM
You go, girl!

I hope we\'ll get the full report ...

franki
06-08-2003, 03:01 PM
Please use more white spaces in your next report. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DaVinciKittie
06-08-2003, 06:25 PM
I\'m sorry, Franki, was it difficult to read?

Sexyredhead
06-08-2003, 06:42 PM
I didn\'t think so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-08-2003, 07:46 PM
I made out just fine with it too.

franki
06-08-2003, 10:33 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I\'m sorry, Franki, was it difficult to read?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

For me it was. That were two enormous paragraphs ...

But of course, it is not about the outside, but about what is in it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DaVinciKittie
06-09-2003, 01:16 AM
Thank you ladies. I wanted to be detailed so you guys wouldn\'t have to post questions to get the whole picture. I don\'t think it was difficult to read either (although I realize it was a little long- that\'s a bad habit of mine).

As an update, we *did* go out today. However, I managed to tip over the bottle of AE *after* I\'d already applied it, so it was all over my hands. I scrubbed and scrubbed (yes, with antibacterial), but I could still smell it so I know I didn\'t get it all off. I possibly ODed on it, as he mostly kept his distance through the afternoon. It\'s hard to know whether it was the possible OD or just a lack of attraction on my part, but the date was somewhat uncomfortable to me. We went for drinks at a local restaurant/bar and had a fairly good time talking, but he\'s the type who rambles and I really had no interest in half of the things he was talking about. I\'m also not really that attracted to him, which could be a problem b/c I *know* that he is interested in me. He kissed me a couple of times, but it was too public and there was very little finesse involved. I figured I might go out with him once more, give it another shot so to speak, before I decide to drop it. He\'s a pretty nice guy, although a little coarse for me, and I could definitely see us being friends, but I know he is *not* going to appreciate that (the majority of his friends now are women). I think I might wear no pheros at all next time.

Elana
06-09-2003, 07:03 AM
. I figured I might go out with him once more, give it another shot so to speak, before I decide to drop it.

My guess is it isn\'t going to get much better. Give us a full report if you decide to see him again.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-09-2003, 08:55 AM
Order yourself a good dinner.

B2C
06-09-2003, 09:53 AM
Order yourself a good dinner.

Sound advice as usual FTR. We can always count on you for the \"been there, done that\" truisms. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DVK - Sorry things didn\'t go as well as hoped for. Maybe you were destined for bigger &amp; better things!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

B2C

EXIT63
06-09-2003, 11:16 AM
ummmmmmmm lobster...dumpalicious /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DaVinciKittie
06-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Maybe you were destined for bigger &amp; better things!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh, most definitely. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I\'ve decided not to give it another chance afterall. If it doesn\'t feel right then it doesn\'t feel right. Just thinking about going out with him again makes me uncomfortable, so I\'ll have to tell him tonight. Man, I really hate that part. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Thanks for all your input! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sagacious1420
06-11-2003, 01:13 PM
DVK-

I think it\'s that Auburn hair...but you already know about me and redheads...GRRRRR! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DaVinciKittie
06-11-2003, 02:31 PM
DVK-

I think it\'s that Auburn hair...but you already know about me and redheads...GRRRRR! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Apparently, it\'s not just you! I get that all the time. It\'s always either about the car or the hair (not that I\'m complaining!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )! On my recent \"date\" (if you want to call it that), the first thing he did when he saw me was touch my hair. Beauty supply boy had this burning need to know if I\'m a \"natural redhead\". After I said yes, he kept probing, and I realized he wanted to know if *all* my hair is red. What a ridiculous question! He has brown hair, and I assume all of *his* hair is brown. Geez. You guys crack me up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-11-2003, 03:59 PM
I don\'t get that, the business of \"Do the curtains match the rug?\" Who cares? Plus, it doesn\'t mean anything ... lots of people have different colors of hair on different parts of their bodies - guys with one color hair grow different color beards, etc.

I guess they want to know if they\'ve got a \"real\" redhead.

So what if they do? Then what does THAT mean?

Oh, you know those redheads ...

Sometimes I think very seriously of going a different color. DVK, do you ever find it hard to live up to the hype? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DaVinciKittie
06-11-2003, 05:28 PM
DVK, do you ever find it hard to live up to the hype?

I\'ll tell you, it\'s pretty intimidating sometimes, knowing that in the back of their minds, even if they don\'t admit to it, there\'s that redhead stereotype. You know, we\'re hotter in bed and more creative and get wetter, and blah blah blah. Hell, maybe that stuff is true. I imagine it\'s related to temperament, and since redheads are notorious for quick and hot tempers it makes sense that we\'d be just as passionate on the other end of the spectrum. In any case, it\'s almost a double-edged knife. I enjoy the attention it brings and the nice lusty thoughts just the sight of red hair seems to put in men\'s heads, but then they expect you to live up to that- they all want proof of the redhead rumors. I certainly don\'t mind the stereotype, but it can definitely be a little daunting sometimes.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-11-2003, 05:46 PM
How many men do you meet where the very first thing out of their mouths is \"I LOVE redheads!\"

Curious what your reaction is to that.

Mine is to turn to ice.

I keep hoping they\'ll like me for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DaVinciKittie
06-11-2003, 06:38 PM
How many men do you meet where the very first thing out of their mouths is \"I LOVE redheads!\"

I get that a lot too, but I don\'t really mind so much. I always make it very clear, either verbally or via body language, that I will not be confused with a stereotype and I don\'t play games- what you see is what you get. I really love my hair color, so when a guy tells me how much he loves redheads, it actually makes me feel good. I\'m just curious, though, what about it angers you?

**DONOTDELETE**
06-11-2003, 07:23 PM
Doesn\'t anger me, it makes me sad.

That they stereotype me before they know the first thing about me.

I\'d rather just have a guy act like he likes me, and some time down the road tell me I have beautiful hair.
While I say that, tho, I\'ll play the redhead card when it suits. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And for sure, on the boards, I\'m asking for it with this screen name.

But in real life, I\'d rather think he\'s interested in me as a person, not a fetish object or a stereotype.

DaVinciKittie
06-11-2003, 07:33 PM
That makes perfect sense. By the time I let a guy get close enough to fulfill any fetishes he might have, he already knows me well enough to be attracted to me for my personality and non-physical qualities more than any initial interest in my hair color or any expectations arising from it. I\'m very particular about that so, he doesn\'t get too far if all he sees in me is \"redhead\". That said, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I definitely play the redhead card sometimes too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sagacious1420
06-11-2003, 07:36 PM
DVK &amp; FTR-

Whoa...didn\'t mean to open a can of worms there, ladies. I\'ve had quite a few realtionships w/ redheads. Some, I would say, fit the stereotype you\'re talking about, but others don\'t. I\'ve had lovers of other hair color who have been just as passsionate as some redheads, if not moreso. I\'ve also had redheads who were actually quite dull lovers. I dated a blonde (for a very short time) who had a temper that would rival any stereotype. I\'ve had a string of firsts that have involved girls w/ red hair. I really can\'t say what it is, I am inexplicably drawn to redheads. Of course, in the end in comes down to the whole person...if I don\'t like your personality, then I don\'e care what color your hair is. I do regret that you would think I was trying to devalue anyone as a person. Bummer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hey, at least guys don\'t automatically assume that you\'re an airhead, right.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-11-2003, 07:40 PM
Oh, we weren\'t talking about you. All guys do that. It\'s unusual for a guy NOT to say something almost immediately about *wiggling eyebrows* REDHEADS *wink wink nudge nudge.* We were just talking about the general phenomenon.

I don\'t know any other redheads so it\'s fun sometimes to compare redhead notes.

Wasn\'t about you, Sagacious. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DaVinciKittie
06-11-2003, 07:54 PM
Oh, geez, I\'m sorry Sagacious! Like FTR said, we weren\'t talking about anyone in specific, especially you! I also don\'t know any other redheads so we\'re just swapping stories. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif You and a couple of the other guys here have been really great about supporting us lately in some of the less level-headed threads, so as long as you\'ve got my back, so to speak, I\'m not going to turn around and flame you! Plus, your last post (the one about redheads- \"grrrr\" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) made me smile, so don\'t think you\'ve done anything wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sagacious1420
06-11-2003, 08:02 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks ladies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

((((((((((((SMOOCHES))))))))))))

Sexyredhead
06-12-2003, 03:17 AM
I get that \'I love redheads\' from every old man I meet, and from a lot of the guys, but I don\'t take it as a stereotype. And every old lady I meets laments that she doesn\'t have my hair. I don\'t believe I\'ve ever had that stereotype explained to me. Hmmm... Get a lot about wanting to know if it\'s natural though, or hairdressers wanting a bit of it to see if they can get a dye to match it. (I used to work next to a hairdresser\'s, and I never lacked for hair products or had to pay for a haircut/style the entire time I worked there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

I guess it\'s the same to me as someone saying they love Southern girls. It\'s what I am, whether I match their sterotype or not. They still have to get to know ME.