PDA

View Full Version : Masculinising AE/w

Hungry
06-05-2003, 04:56 AM
Can anyone suggest an essential oil combination to add to AE/w to make the scent more masculine, without creating a stinky mess?

I like the lower \'none levels in AE/w, but the scent is so strong, and very feminine, so I just can\'t use it as it is.

Hungry

Sexyredhead
06-05-2003, 05:28 AM
You really think it smells feminine? I think it smells like a guy\'s cologne.
However, I remember Wolfe thought it smelled a bit flowery. Maybe it\'s the difference between the male and female nose. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Honestly though, when I wear it, I keep looking around for the great-smelling guy, then realize it\'s ME. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hungry
06-05-2003, 05:59 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Wolfe thought it smelled a bit flowery.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Yeah, I think it smells very flowery. I tried spreading only one drop over my body, but even then the smell distracted me for hours. It\'s just so strong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I forgot to mention that I have the new fragrance. Is yours the new fragrance or the old, SRH?

I doubt anyone has bothered to do this before, but thought I may as well ask. Maybe someone can suggest some guidelines for experimenting with this myself?

Hungry

Sexyredhead
06-05-2003, 06:56 AM
I think the AEw only has one scent, but I could be wrong. Isn\'t it the AEm that has a new and old scent?
Anyway, I\'m pretty sure mine is the new scent, if there\'s a difference. I haven\'t had it but a couple-three months, IIRC.

As to adding things to it, I\'m not sure? Have you tried the old stand-by sandalwood and maybe cedar? I have no clue how they would blend but they might be worth a try.

Maybe one of the \'noses\' out there could recommend something?

CJ01
06-05-2003, 08:59 AM
Hungry why not just add it to your fave cologne. And hope they mix well enough CJ

Hungry
06-06-2003, 01:31 AM
SRH,

Well, when I placed the order I had the choice between an old scent and a new scent, and I chose the new scent. I just figured new=better at the time. So it\'s my own fault. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If nobody can recommend anything, I\'ll just play it by ear and see what happens. I don\'t hold much hope, so I\'ll probably end up chucking it out or giving it to someone.

CJ01,

Unfortunately I\'m pretty sure it would ruin the cologne\'s scent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hungry

biteme
06-06-2003, 03:58 AM
Put a drop of AE\\w on your wrist and then quickly spray some cologne over it, then rub your wrists together. That should be a good test to see if the cologne mixes well w/the AE\\w.

============

Unfortunately, I\'m not familiar w/colognes, so I wouldn\'t know which one (masculine cologne) to recommend.

Sexyredhead
06-06-2003, 06:28 AM
Ya know, there HAS to be a cologne out there that smells like AEw. Why? \'Cause I keep smelling it around school. It smells just like AEw to me. I haven\'t smelled AEm, so I can\'t compare to that. But I can walk by guys (by themselves) in hallways, and I smell it.
I guess next time I\'ll just have to ask what it is. Or maybe there are a lot of guys wearing AEw out there I am just finding out about? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
06-06-2003, 08:55 AM
&lt;&lt;Put a drop of AE\\w on your wrist and then quickly spray some cologne over it, then rub your wrists together. That should be a good test to see if the cologne mixes well w/the AE\\w.

============ &gt;&gt;

I love it when my Soup Boy does that. Smells so good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Elana
06-06-2003, 08:55 AM
Soup boy always smells wonderful. I think he uses creed too.

Sexyredhead
06-06-2003, 08:58 AM
Makes my little heart just go bong, bong, bong, it\'s beating so strong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CJ01
06-06-2003, 09:23 AM
hungry, that happens sometimes. At the very beginning I wanted to use NPA/w with my old favourite perfume. The funny thing was that the perfume actually increased the the smell of NPA. The same happened with AE.

If you like the smell of Attraction you could mix the two. Another way of finding the best scent to mix is to get hold of loads of fragrance samples and keep mixing and see what blens well and, in the end which one actually suits you best. Get someone elses second opinion for this. I´m sure you´ll find something.

Hungry
06-06-2003, 10:51 PM
Ya know, there HAS to be a cologne out there that smells like AEw. Why? \'Cause I keep smelling it around school. It smells just like AEw to me. I haven\'t smelled AEm, so I can\'t compare to that. But I can walk by guys (by themselves) in hallways, and I smell it.

Hmmm, something like Calvin Klein\'s Obsession for Men, which also smells very floral to me, may cover it quite well. I can\'t stand wearing that scent either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Maybe that\'s what those guys are wearing?

AE/w doesn\'t smell bad to me, it just doesn\'t suit me at all. Floral scents just smell wrong on me.

The reason I mentioned CK\'s Obsession is because I just tried biteme\'s suggestion. The only cologne I have that smells vaguely compatible is Body Kouros (Yves Saint Laurent), so I put about half a drop on my arm and rubbed it in, followed by a spray of Body Kouros. For the first hour it just smelled strange, like those flavoured cough syrups. After that it settled down to something like Obsession, but the more time goes by the more the AE/w scent dominates.

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I guess I\'ll keep trying. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hungry

bundyburger
06-06-2003, 11:53 PM
Just wondering...

What do you think of Body Kouros?
Almost bought it a few months back.

Sexyredhead
06-07-2003, 05:02 AM
Ughhh, I hate Obsession for men. It\'s excessively sweet and heavy. I don\'t even like the women\'s version anymore.

To me, AEw, is more along the lines of Cool Water in not being flowery, actually, but with a different scent.

Maybe I\'ll head to the mall this weekend and have a sniff around, to see if I can find it. Who knows, I may even be smelling AXE. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elana
06-07-2003, 05:05 AM
I love Obsession for men. I have always loved a sweet smell in men\'s fragrances. I just discovered a new one called Rochas for men. It is outragously sexy. SRH...you wouldn\'t like it. You can sample it at Sephora. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
06-07-2003, 05:16 AM
You wanna know my absolute most favorite smell on a guy?
It\'s that I\'ve-been-out-mowing-the-grass smell.
Warm man, a little sweaty, and that grassy smell.
Gets me hot every time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-07-2003, 05:36 AM
growlllll

Stop it, you\'re making me horny.

Sexyredhead
06-07-2003, 05:40 AM
Thank God it\'s Saturday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hungry
06-07-2003, 05:41 AM
What do you think of Body Kouros?

Bundyburger,

I love Body Kouros, partly because it smells so different from everything else I\'ve tried. It\'s also the only sweet smelling one that goes well on me. Everyone is wearing Acqua di Gio or CK One or whatever, so it\'s nice not to smell like anyone else. It\'s funny though, because I hate Kouros, but love Body Kouros. They\'re so different that I can\'t figure out why they share the same name.

Also, whenever I smell it, I think about having sex in the woods. But maybe that\'s just me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hungry

biteme
06-07-2003, 06:08 AM
Hi, Hungry.

I know its close to winter in Australia right now, but would you say BK is a good summer fragrance? Or more of a winter one?

I like Acqua and Cool Water a lot, but like you said, every guy seems to be wearing it. I went looking for a good summer scent to wear, tried a lot of different colognes, ended up buying something just as popular as Acqua and CW. Shows you how sophisticated MY brain is. LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I ended up getting Le Male Summer.

Hungry
06-07-2003, 06:37 AM
but would you say BK is a good summer fragrance? Or more of a winter one?

Autumn, actually. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It should be fine for winter too, but it\'s a bit heavy for summer, IMHO. I wouldn\'t recommend it personally.

Hungry

**DONOTDELETE**
06-07-2003, 07:35 AM
Hi, Hungry.

I know its close to winter in Australia right now, but would you say BK is a good summer fragrance? Or more of a winter one?

I like Acqua and Cool Water a lot, but like you said, every guy seems to be wearing it. I went looking for a good summer scent to wear, tried a lot of different colognes, ended up buying something just as popular as Acqua and CW. Shows you how sophisticated MY brain is. LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I ended up getting Le Male Summer.

OH WOW! I didn\'t knw there was a new Le Male! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

biteme
06-07-2003, 08:09 AM
Yeah. Its seasonal. Only available in spring and summer, from what the sales lady told me. I think it was released a year or two after the \"regular\" Le Male came out.

The sales lady said that it was alcohol free. Then again, she also told me that it was meant as an overall body spray. I\'ve never tried the \"regular\" Le Male, but IMHO, the Le Male Summer is pretty strong. One spray and I\'m good to go. I sprayed 3 sprays one time. I must have smelled like a perfume factory that day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-07-2003, 10:26 AM
Le Male is like that, too, super-concentrated.

Sagacious1420
06-07-2003, 10:38 AM
Hey Hungry,
Can\'t say that I am familiar w/ the smell of AE/w, but the fragrance in my PCC is floral and I find that my cologne covers nicely w/out clashing. In fact, it has proven to be a great cover scent for all my phero products. It complements APC, NPA, JB#1, SoE and, especially AE/m. It\'s made by Chanel and it\'s called Egoiste. Musky, sandalwood, spice and the slightest hint of vanilla to round it out. I got some as a gift a few years ago and I love it. I was just at the mall (doing field research) and checked out a lot of different colognes and I still say this stuff is my favorite. Awesome for the pheros IMHO. When I cover my AE/m w/ this stuff, it\'s almost unfair...hehehehehehe! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

CJ01
06-07-2003, 11:41 AM
Sag, I don´t consider the scent of PCC as floral at all - bcause it´s cucumber-melon. But I really love this scent myself. I think it´s perfect especially for the summer. The only trouble is that it fades too quickly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Autumn in Australia is not like the usual fall elsewhere, I guess, is it? The temps are pretty damn high still compared what we´re used too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ( you lucky ones)
In other words you´re dealing with warm temps and your choice of fragrance and use of pheros need to be carefully considered accordingly.
CJ

Hungry
06-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Autumn in Australia is not like the usual fall elsewhere, I guess, is it? The temps are pretty damn high still compared what we´re used too. ( you lucky ones)
In other words you´re dealing with warm temps and your choice of fragrance and use of pheros need to be carefully considered accordingly.

CJ,

Yeah, sorry, I should have qualified that. It occured to me last night too, so I wanted to expand on it anyway, thanks for reminding me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don\'t know much about official scent classifications, but I\'d classify BK as \"green\", \"damp\", \"warm\" and maybe even \"dark\". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here in Sydney autumn and winter are when we get the greatest plant growth due to plenty of rain and relatively warm temperatures, although winter can be quite chilly. Everything is a lush, vibrant green, and BK suits that beautifully. Anywhere it snows in winter, or there are mainly deciduous trees that shed in autumn, are probably less suitable for BK in those seasons, IMHO.

Then again, I don\'t know anything about scents, I just go with what a scent reminds me of, and BK definitely reminds me of a lush, green forest and that wonderful, heavy scent in the air after a storm.

Interestingly, I just did a search on the internet, and one site I found ( http://www.ezgalaxy.com (\"http://www.ezgalaxy.com\") a North American site, I think), also classified BK as an Autumn scent. Go figure.

Hungry

DZorro
06-11-2003, 08:43 AM
I do have a question about this. To the men here on the forum who where\'s AE/w what kind of hits do you usully get when wearing this product ???
I tried it myself but i just could not stand the smell of this product on myself. I guess it\'s because i never used woman products before. I did get mixed hits with this product though. But the next day i desided not to wear it no more. Till i find an other product witch will blend well with AE/w.

DZorro,

Sagacious1420
06-11-2003, 09:23 AM
Hi CJ-
I\'m w/ you on the PCC scent fading quickly. I definitely pick up on the sweet melon and the cucumber seems more sublte. I also pick up a very faint musk. The foral thing is perplexing me right now; it\'s a really familiar scent , but can\'t pin it down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Just like the old days playing sommelier. It used to drive me mad when I would encounter a familiar scent, but struggled for the appropriate description. Compound this experience by tasting a few hundred to a thousand different wines a year and you can imagine how often this would occur. I\'m not complaining though, it\'s good work if you can get it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Sure as hell beats having a \"real job.\" LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hungry
06-12-2003, 01:49 AM
I tried it myself but i just could not stand the smell of this product on myself.

Aha! So I\'m not just weird afterall.

Who\'d have thought it.

Hungry

Sexyredhead
06-12-2003, 02:54 AM
No, you\'re still weird. This is just a funky coincidence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Elana
06-12-2003, 03:07 AM
HA! I was just going to write that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pico
06-12-2003, 06:07 AM
i find AE/w gets other males v friendly with me.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif