PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/Lethargy/Depression

Genome335
06-04-2003, 12:37 PM
Anyone know anything that I can take that will help me with this problem? I\'ve been feeling sluggish and depressed for a few months now. I can\'t get help from a MD because my mother has a stigma with anything thats not natural, especially anti-depressants.(she keeps saying it\'ll go away, its nothing ect.. and the last time I told her I was depressed she made my brother spend more time with me, It\'s a F*kng chemical inbalance interacting with people is not going to cure it).

Things I\'ve tried:

St Johns Wort (I was alergic) and 5-htp (raised my anxiety and gave me insomnia).

I found out that i\'m alergic to practicaly all supplements with herbs in them (I get a severe rash). I\'ve been taking Ephedrine (Hydrocloride), not the herb (epherdra) since thats the only thing thats helped with my lethargy/depression . But the bad thing is that it makes my anxiety go through the roof. Since i\'m 16 I don\'t have that much money to spend, Any suggestions?

**DONOTDELETE**
06-04-2003, 01:07 PM
Exercise. It helps almost everything. Of course, that\'s really hard to do, get up and exercise, when you\'re depressed. But if you can, it will help.

Bach flower remedies??

Would your mother let you see a homeopath?

Whitehall
06-04-2003, 01:19 PM
Try l-phenylalanine or tyrosine. These are natural amino acids that convert to the stimulating neurotransmitters in the brain. They are cheap and have few side effects. Start with 500 mg on an empty stomach and don\'t eat for an hour.

Bright sunlight first thing in the morning might help too if there is a seasonal component. Melatoin at night might also help restore chemical balance.

Odd that you thought that 5-HTP caused anxiety and insomnia - that doesn\'t fit theory but it could happen I guess.

The Ephedrine is a mild speed like methamphetamine and can most certainly cause anxiety and insomnia.

Genome335
06-04-2003, 01:19 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Exercise. It helps almost everything. Of course, that\'s really hard to do, get up and exercise, when you\'re depressed. But if you can, it will help.

Bach flower remedies??

Would your mother let you see a homeopath?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> Probably not, she does\'nt have the time to take me. I work out everyday but it does\'nt seem to help much, anxiety is still there (espsecially when talking to other people).

CptKipling
06-04-2003, 01:27 PM
I would recommend ZMA, i know its not exactly intended for this but it will help your sleep and the boosted Test levels will make you feel good.

BTW ZMA is just zinc and magnesium, and sometimes B6.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-04-2003, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I\'m having the same thoughts about the 5-HTP. Were you taking anything else while you were taking the 5-HTP?

Valerian is good for anxiety, but 5-HTP is usually as good as prescription drugs.

I second the recommendation re melatonin.

Genome335
06-04-2003, 01:29 PM
I would recommend ZMA, i know its not exactly intended for this but it will help your sleep and the boosted Test levels will make you feel good.

BTW ZMA is just zinc and magnesium, and sometimes B6.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> I take 2 zinc lonzages and 1 scoop of whey protein (this one http://www.gncproperformance.com/goods/product/default.asp?id=350418&amp;c=6 (\"http://www.gncproperformance.com/goods/product/default.asp?id=350418&amp;c=6\") ) before I work out.

Genome335
06-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I\'m having the same thoughts about the 5-HTP. Were you taking anything else while you were taking the 5-HTP?

Valerian is good for anxiety, but 5-HTP is usually as good as prescription drugs.

I second the recommendation re melatonin.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> I don\'t remember that was a while ago, I tried Valerian but was alergic.

Whitehall
06-04-2003, 01:42 PM
All these allergies combined with anxious depression are serious signs. It\'s one thing to be \"under the weather\" too much; it\'s another when your immune system is interacting with your mental system. That looks like a bigger problem then we can advise here.

You do need to see a doctor. Is there a public health clinic or a school nurse you can see?

belgareth
06-04-2003, 01:55 PM
Anyone know anything that I can take that will help me with this problem? I\'ve been feeling sluggish and depressed for a few months now. I can\'t get help from a MD because my mother has a stigma with anything thats not natural, especially anti-depressants.(she keeps saying it\'ll go away, its nothing ect.. and the last time I told her I was depressed she made my brother spend more time with me, It\'s a F*kng chemical inbalance interacting with people is not going to cure it).

Things I\'ve tried:

St Johns Wort (I was alergic) and 5-htp (raised my anxiety and gave me insomnia).

I found out that i\'m alergic to practicaly all supplements with herbs in them (I get a severe rash). I\'ve been taking Ephedrine (Hydrocloride), not the herb (epherdra) since thats the only thing thats helped with my lethargy/depression . But the bad thing is that it makes my anxiety go through the roof. Since i\'m 16 I don\'t have that much money to spend, Any suggestions?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Look at the studies on the web regarding Inositol. It seems to do a good job at doses above 5 grams per day.

DrSmellThis
06-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Get a therapist. The therapist will bring your mom in and talk sense to her.

Genome335
06-04-2003, 03:37 PM
Get a therapist. The therapist will bring your mom in and talk sense to her.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> I think thats the most sensible solution, i\'ve been speaking with a school counselor for a while now but I have\'nt been honest to her about my problems. Last time things got this bad I was hospitalized because I did\'nt goto school for 3 months because of my panic attacks. When I was there my mom refused them the right to give me medication. The only good thing that came out of it was that I used to weigh around 200 pounds (I used to eat when I was nervous) and I lost around 50 since the problems at school went away. They discharged me and put me back in a normal school (I was at the hospital 6 months) i\'ve been doing pretty good but my depression is coming back and I don\'t want to go through this again. I\'m going to talk her (my counselor) the first chance I get.............. funny that I did\'nt think of this before.

Enticing
06-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned Sam-E, http://www.mdsg.org/same.html (\"http://www.mdsg.org/same.html\") A friend of mine buys it in bulk at Costco because it is cheaper that way, swears by it!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nbnbtc
06-04-2003, 08:45 PM
Have you tried Kava? I found that it helped with anxiety quite a bit... www.kavaking.com (\"http://www.kavaking.com\")

Also, something that might be of interest to you is the device mentioned in this thread... http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=UBB5&amp;Number=70811&amp;Forum=Al l_Forums&amp;Words=nbnbtc&amp;Match=Username&amp;Searchpage=0&amp; Limit=25&amp;Old=allposts&amp;Main=70804&amp;Search=true#Post7 0811 (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=UBB5&amp;Number=70811&amp;Forum=Al l_Forums&amp;Words=nbnbtc&amp;Match=Username&amp;Searchpage=0&amp; Limit=25&amp;Old=allposts&amp;Main=70804&amp;Search=true#Post7 0811\")

I sware by both of these and my once severe anxiety and depression has never been easier to manage.

nonscents
06-05-2003, 04:09 AM
www.emofree.com (\"http://www.emofree.com\")

Hungry
06-05-2003, 04:20 AM
Surprised no one has mentioned Sam-E

Yeah, SAM-e is really good apparently. But it\'s also really expensive, here anyway (~$50-$100 per month, depending on dose). The homeopathic varieties are much cheaper, but I wouldn\'t have a clue how effective they are, sorry.

Here are some different suggestions:

1) Omega-3 fatty acids. Apparently people who eat loads of fish have 1/10 the depression rates of everyone else, and researchers think it\'s due to the omega-3\'s. You need to take about 10 grams a day, which is around 30 1g fish oils capsules per day, in divided doses with meals. That\'s a lot of stinky fish oil, and you\'ll probably burp the taste up all day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Still, it\'s safe, actually very health-promoting, and you can take it practically forever. Worth a shot?

2) Acupunture. I\'m a big fan of acupunture, although I still hate the needles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Each visit will probably be a little pricey, but you\'ll hopefully only need a couple, and the effects are usually very long-lasting.

3) Flower essences, like FTR said. I\'m always amazed at how effective these things are for emotional issues. The only ones I\'ve had experience with are Australian Bush Essences

http://www.ausflowers.com.au/intro.html (\"http://www.ausflowers.com.au/intro.html\")

but they have distributers in many countries. These ones are just outstanding, IMHO.

Best of luck.

Hungry

Genome335
06-09-2003, 03:46 AM
Update:

To make a long story short, my counselor was\'nt able to convince my mom to take me to a therapist (we got into a argument and she made me tell the counselor that I was feeling better and did\'nt need treatment anymore). But the good news is, I was able to score 90 tabs of 150MG Wellbutrin SR for $20 from one of my friends, I took my first one this mourning and I can\'t wait until it kicks in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Whitehall
06-09-2003, 06:53 AM
Sure hope you\'re not mixing amphetamines with Wellbutrin!!!!

That\'s not a good idea - at all. One of the negative side effects of Wellbutrin is seizures - I suspect that amphetamine would increase taht risk. Wellbutrin was withdrawn from the market in the US for a few years because of the seizure risk.

Dude, you\'re playing with some strong stuff here!

http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_wellbutrinSR.pdf (\"http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_wellbutrinSR.pdf\")

Genome335
06-09-2003, 07:23 AM
Sure hope you\'re not mixing amphetamines with Wellbutrin!!!!

That\'s not a good idea - at all. One of the negative side effects of Wellbutrin is seizures - I suspect that amphetamine would increase taht risk. Wellbutrin was withdrawn from the market in the US for a few years because of the seizure risk.

Dude, you\'re playing with some strong stuff here!

http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_wellbutrinSR.pdf (\"http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_wellbutrinSR.pdf\")

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">I did\'nt take my ephedrine when with the wellbutrin sr this mourning since I heard it boosts your energy levels itself anyways. I\'m only taking 150mg in the mouring so I don\'t think the seizure risk is that high (also alcohol increases that risk and I don\'t drink), I never knew it was withdrawn from the US markets, i\'ll be careful but if it works, it\'s alot better than being depressed.

Hungry
06-10-2003, 04:03 AM
To make a long story short, my counselor was\'nt able to convince my mom to take me to a therapist (we got into a argument and she made me tell the counselor that I was feeling better and did\'nt need treatment anymore).

I don\'t know how accurately you\'ve explained the situation with your mother, but maybe you should speak to someone else with some authority?

Also, self-dosing with stuff like Wellbutrin to treat your depression is *never* a good idea.

Hungry

Shoe
06-11-2003, 04:31 PM
Try borage oil, esp. for the anxiety and depression. It will help keep blood sugar from dropping to low also, helping with the energy if that\'s the problem. You\'ll know it it\'s working or not within an hour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-11-2003, 05:49 PM
Probably not a good idea to cross mom. She\'s not going to agree to anything that makes her look bad, and having a depressed son makes her look like maybe she\'s not such a great mom. She\'s got the power, so at this point, he\'s not in a position to thwart her. If he can keep himself alive one way and another \'till he gets out of the house, he\'ll be all right then. He\'s only taking half the prescribed dosage for depression anyway so it\'s doubtful it\'ll hurt him and it might help. At least he\'s strong willed enough to do what he has to do for himself, by hook or by crook. THAT\'s good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif As long as he\'s handling his business, he\'s not tooo depressed.

Hang in there, Genome, you\'ll be out from under before you know it.

How many more years, and what are you doing to get yourself ready to be independent?

Hungry
06-12-2003, 02:33 AM
Yeah, and what are your plans after you\'re independent?

I recommend travelling! I didn\'t travel, and look how I turned out! Damn ignorant, that\'s how! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hungry

EXIT63
06-12-2003, 03:42 AM
Stop stretching out the forum. dammit!

Genome335
06-12-2003, 04:32 AM
Yeah, and what are your plans after you\'re independent?

I recommend travelling! I didn\'t travel, and look how I turned out! Damn ignorant, that\'s how! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hungry

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> I\'m 16 and in 10th grade going to 11th so I still have 2 years to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. After highschool i\'m going to move out, get a apartment, a part time job and go strait to college.

Whitehall
06-12-2003, 06:59 AM
If you\'ve got realistic goals (and your\'s sound perfect), then you\'re not so bad off. A sign of severe depression is lack of goals.

Now you have something to work for, your plans will need to be developed as you go. A person who can forego today\'s pleasures for a better future is a person of good character and that is essential for winning in the world and living the good life.

Hungry
06-13-2003, 01:57 AM
Post deleted by Hungry

**DONOTDELETE**
06-13-2003, 06:33 AM
I think he meant making the line of text go too far wide so it doesn\'t all fit on the screen and you have to scroll over to read the end of a sentence.

Hungry
06-13-2003, 07:04 AM
Ah, ok.

Deleted my post.

Hungry

metroman
06-15-2003, 10:17 AM
This just speaks volumes about the hypocrisy &amp; double standards that exist in our society! If it were the other way around; a father doing this to his daughter there would be a holy hell uproar about abuse, opression, sexism &amp; this that &amp; the other thing. The poor young guy is crying out for help &amp; you just tell him to grin &amp; bear it. A good idea is to Cross your mom. I know its alot easier for me to sit here &amp; tell you to do it than it is for you to actually do it. If your mothers ego is so insecure and weak that she cant recognize when her son needs some help, as we all do ocassionally, then her authority needs to be usurped.

You\'re asking this poor young guy to grin and bear it during a couple of the more important developmental years in this young mans life.

Listen: Your mother isn\'t God. I suspect that there is some kind of issue your mother has with the fact of your growing up to be an independent autonomous adult human being. Good for you. But what does it mean for her? What role is her life supposed to take post child rearing &amp; preparing you for adult hood? These aren\'t your problems they\'re hers but shes making them yours &amp; I find this to be a terrible situation.

I\'m generally against outside institutional intervention in the child parent relationship. You have the right idea. Rebellion. I think alot of young people that are labeled as rebels are actually doing the right thing.

belgareth
06-15-2003, 11:32 AM
Metroman:

You have the right idea except it is not rebellion and shouldn\'t be handled that way. The best advice for this young man is to go to his school counselor and tell them the whole truth. That is what our government should be doing, protecting this young man and helping him to become productive. His mother refusing him health care and forcing him to lie about his mental state is nothing short of abuse! Our advising him to grin and bear it is hurting him and his mother and in the long run may destroy their relationship. He needs to take action now in his own best interests.

Gnome335:

Parental authority in most cases is correct but when the parent is taking an action that is harming the child, the chld is under no obligation to obey. Do not fight with her, simply get the help you need and if it comes down to a fight, go to the legal system to get help. You have an unabridgable right to all forms of health care. It is the government\'s obligation to fight for your well being, let them do their job and protect you.

Elana
06-15-2003, 11:33 AM
I actually agree with you, metroman (and don\'t get used to that) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I am not commenting on if it was a woman vs. a man, but by the way this Mom is not paying attention to her sons needs. I actually find it outrageous. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

metroman
06-15-2003, 12:47 PM
Government intervention is not a solution. Government backed force intervention would only make this guys problems alot worse. The government &amp; the people that work for them certainly do not know what is best for this young man. The only person that knows whats best for him right now is he himself. Rock on Genome: \"Rebel Without a Cause\" Except you have a cause. Parental authority is in alot of cases incorrect. That is why our society is plagued with so many dysfunctional people.

Elana theres hope for you yet: I\'m not making this a man against woman issue. I\'m speaking out about the PC paradigm that exists in this country &amp; most of the western world. It seems everybody has become so brainwashed by the media, academe &amp; the govt. In the movie \"Thelma &amp; Louise\" the Susan Saradon &amp; Gina Davis characters waste this redneck guy in the parking lot who was threatening them with brutal rape &amp; possibly murder. The actions they took; self defense were morally justifiable in my opinion. The feminist response was that they weren\'t justified in taking the law into their own hands &amp; should\'ve resorted to law enforcement. By that time they would\'ve been dead. I think they should\'ve been given a medal. The sad part is we live in a society where everything has become so politicized that the reality of issues that confront us and their solutions have become almost impossible to reach. Save us from the Brown Rice, Granola eating, Moosewood cookbook Moms of the world. Genome she wants natural. Tell her everything is natural on this planet except for the moon rocks bought back by the astronauts &amp; the Martian rocks bought back my the Mars Rover. Okay I\'ll get off my soapbox now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Elana
06-15-2003, 01:02 PM
Elana theres hope for you yet: I\'m not making this a man against woman issue.

Excuse me???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I never said you were making this a man against women issue. What I am saying is ANY parent, either Mother or Father should be locked away for neglecting their child. He needs help and she is ignoring her son.

metroman
06-15-2003, 01:35 PM

I am not commenting on if it was a woman vs. a man

You are just so snippy today...Any particular reason? Did the batteries on your vibrator run out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I\'m just glad that you\'re humane enough to be supportive of this young guys dilemma.

Elana
06-15-2003, 01:40 PM
I have had it with you. I am going to have Exit63 kick your ass!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

metroman
06-15-2003, 01:51 PM
Shiver me timbers!!! I\'m quaking in my boots...Really why all the hostility pumpkin? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Elana
06-15-2003, 02:19 PM
No hostility here, sugar muffin.

metroman
06-15-2003, 03:22 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I\'m down with that sweetpea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

EXIT63
06-15-2003, 04:37 PM
Hey Toots...This bum givin yue a hard time!

belgareth
06-15-2003, 05:27 PM
Government intervention is not a solution. Government backed force intervention would only make this guys problems alot worse.

In this case you are wrong. this young man needs somebody to stand up for him, He cannot do it himself. If he goes out to look for help and mother finds out, the repercussions will be a lot worse than if he confronts the issue head on. This is one of the few times I would support government intervention, but Gnome has to initiate it himself or he will surely remain under his mother\'s control.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-15-2003, 07:50 PM
Encouraging him to cross his mother, i.e., bring authorities into the picture, bring the problem to light as a matter of parental abuse, could lead to consequences for him that are worse than the problems he\'s already got.

I stand by what I said. It\'s only a couple more years. Make the point to be getting out of the house and out from under.

Elana
06-15-2003, 10:46 PM

YES! Take care of him, sweet cakes.
You said you had a \"friend\" that could help you out.

Lucky
06-16-2003, 04:10 AM
from genome335
\"Last time things got this bad I was hospitalized because I did\'nt goto school for 3 months because of my panic attacks. When I was there my mom refused them the right to give me medication. The only good thing that came out of it was that I used to weigh around 200 pounds (I used to eat when I was nervous) and I lost around 50 since the problems at school went away. They discharged me and put me back in a normal school (I was at the hospital 6 months) i\'ve been doing pretty good but my depression is coming back and I don\'t want to go through this again.\"

Genome,

You were hospitalized for 6 months for panic attacks and now you are playing around with ephedrine? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Genome335
06-16-2003, 07:29 AM
It gave me energy and made me feel good like I was on top of the world. Sometimes I felt like I could be naked in front of a thousand people and not feel embarrassed and other times it would make me so nervous that It was impossible for me to talk to people that i\'ve known for years. I don\'t take it anymore since i\'m taking wellbutrin, the first few days it made me feel extremely calm almost like a zombie but now it\'s evening out, i\'m starting to feel good.

Lucky
06-16-2003, 08:29 AM
genome,
I\'m glad you aren\'t taking it anymore. That\'s real scary to mix with panic. Good Luck.

belgareth
06-16-2003, 01:45 PM
Encouraging him to cross his mother, i.e., bring authorities into the picture, bring the problem to light as a matter of parental abuse, could lead to consequences for him that are worse than the problems he\'s already got.

I stand by what I said. It\'s only a couple more years. Make the point to be getting out of the house and out from under.

And in the meantime, it\'s better for Gnome to end up in the hospital again, or worse, because of her neurosis? I think he needs help, depression needs to be treated. It does not get better on its own, it usually gets worse. If mom does not want him to get proper care, that is no different than denying any other form of medical care and it is child neglect, abuse and endangerment.

For Gnome\'s own good and in his best interests, he needs to get help soon. If mom does not like it, let her fight with the legal system over it. Gnome should not be forced to continue to suffer a medical problem because of her.

Hungry
06-17-2003, 03:32 AM
This discussion is pointless. He\'s 16, he\'s old enough to start making decisions about his life. He needs to decide for himself what to do, and not listen to contradicting advice from faceless strangers (including me) who don\'t accurately know what his situation is.

It\'s easy giving advice if you don\'t have to live with the consequences.

Hungry

belgareth
06-17-2003, 06:45 AM
He\'s 16, he\'s old enough to start making decisions about his life. He needs to decide for himself what to do, and not listen to contradicting advice from faceless strangers (including me) who don\'t accurately know what his situation is.

Hungry

Agreed. He neds to start making decisions based on his own good without interference from us, or his mother! That\'s why I want him to go to his counselor and tell the whole truth. At 16, he is capable of making the decisions but from what he has said, his mother will not allow him to act on those decisions. He needs some horsepower in his corner.

metroman
06-17-2003, 09:50 AM
This discussion is pointless. He\'s 16, he\'s old enough to start making decisions about his life. He needs to decide for himself what to do, and not listen to contradicting advice from faceless strangers (including me) who don\'t accurately know what his situation is.

Hungry

Best thing thats been said so far!

metroman
06-17-2003, 09:51 AM

YES! Take care of him, sweet cakes.
You said you had a \"friend\" that could help you out.

I thought you bore no hostility towards me Elana?

See comment below...

**DONOTDELETE**
06-17-2003, 06:39 PM
Y\'know, it\'s interesting you bring that signature up, because I must admit, some of us have wondered about it. That you\'re so proud of it, I suppose should not be such a surprise. After all, it is a quote from one of the most obnoxious male characters in the history of the movies.

belgareth
06-17-2003, 06:59 PM
Y\'know, it\'s interesting you bring that signature up, because I must admit, some of us have wondered about it. That you\'re so proud of it, I suppose should not be such a surprise. After all, it is a quote from one of the most obnoxious male characters in the history of the movies.

Not only that, he was mentally ill and anti-social.

Elana
06-17-2003, 08:46 PM
After all, it is a quote from one of the most obnoxious male characters in the history of the movies

Huh? That is interesting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hungry
06-18-2003, 01:24 AM
Agreed. He neds to start making decisions based on his own good without interference from us, or his mother! That\'s why I want him to go to his counselor and tell the whole truth. At 16, he is capable of making the decisions but from what he has said, his mother will not allow him to act on those decisions. He needs some horsepower in his corner.

I think it\'s the other way around. Saying he needs help to be independent ... well, you can see the contradiction. Most people establish some independance within their family unit first before heading out into the big bad world. He needs to do that first, by setting up boundaries in his relationship with his mother, and enforcing them. Once he can make it clear he\'s old enough and responsible enough to take charge of his own health, then he can approach his councellor or doctor or whatever.

Going from his posts, I personally do not think he\'s responsible enough yet. But if he starts behaving like an adult, he\'ll find he matures very quickly. Blaming his mother will only serve to enforce his dependance on her.

Nobody is going to give him responsibility and independence, he has to earn it.

Hungry

Lucky
06-18-2003, 09:28 AM
First things first. Genome is a psych patient with an allergy to herbs. He is self-medicating.

If what he says is true, this is dangerous. And, we aren\'t interfering. He asked us.

Genome335
06-18-2003, 10:02 AM
Actually i\'m feeling great now, I no longer feel depressed and things that usually bothered me before are like nothing now. I also have more energy and my memorizing skills feel like they\'ve doubled 2 fold. The only side effects i\'ve had were nausea and scary life like dreams (really cool but scary) so it looks like it was the best choice I ever made, thumbs up for wellbutrin.

metroman
06-18-2003, 03:30 PM
Actually i\'m feeling great now, I no longer feel depressed and things that usually bothered me before are like nothing now. I also have more energy and my memorizing skills feel like they\'ve doubled 2 fold. The only side effects i\'ve had were nausea and scary life like dreams (really cool but scary) so it looks like it was the best choice I ever made, thumbs up for wellbutrin.

Great to hear you\'re doing better! Thats the main thing.

metroman
06-18-2003, 03:37 PM

You\'re so funny FTR...Some of you have been wondering? How cute! You mean there is this PM dialog going on between you ladies behind the scenes? I\'m shocked! I would\'ve never imagined that in a million years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-18-2003, 06:56 PM
Really? Well, here\'s one for your research notebook, then: Girls talk to each other.

Sexyredhead
06-18-2003, 06:59 PM
Really? Well, here\'s one for your research notebook, then: Girls talk to each other.

And a lot of the time we\'re polite enough to talk amongst ourselves and decide if we should say something before telling you something you may not like in front of everybody. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hungry
06-19-2003, 01:26 AM

What happens when you run out?

Hungry

Hungry
06-19-2003, 01:58 AM
First things first. Genome is a psych patient with an allergy to herbs. He is self-medicating.

He chose to self-medicate, and he can choose to stop if he likes. That\'s part of taking control of his health. Personally I think he\'s being irresponsible and avoiding the real issues causing his problems, but that\'s just my opinion.

\"Psych patient\" makes him sound like a nutter, but he was only hospitalised for panic attacks. That doesn\'t mean he\'s incapable of making decisions.

And, we aren\'t interfering. He asked us.

He only asked for suggestions on treating depression. Anything else is plain meddling.

Hungry

Genome335
06-19-2003, 02:57 AM
What happens when you run out?

Hungry

I found a site that sells a year supply of prozac for $80... wellbutrin is just too expensive (I have no job) it\'s up there in the $300+ arena.

metroman
06-19-2003, 02:58 PM

Yes &amp; you\'re too cute for words. You mean you women dont have telepathy like we men do? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

metroman
06-19-2003, 03:01 PM

And a lot of the time we\'re polite enough to talk amongst ourselves and decide if we should say something before telling you something you may not like in front of everybody. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

How considerate of you... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif