PDA

View Full Version : DOES THE UNIVERSE REALLY EXIST?

foofoo
06-03-2003, 05:23 PM
Sounds like a weird question, but evidence suggests that it is impossible to prove that the world around us exists, even though we see, feel,touch, smell and taste.

so, does the universe really exist? pollers, poll now!

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php\"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=\"pollname\" VALUE=\"1054686187foofoo\">

DOES THE UNIVERSE REALLY EXIST?!?
<input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"1\" />EH...WHAT.....OF COURSE IT DOES YOU FOOL.
<input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"2\" />NOPE, ITS ALL A PERCEPTION
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE=\"Submit vote\" class=\"buttons\"></form>

belgareth
06-03-2003, 05:33 PM
Of course not. We create the universe through our perceptions. Or to more correctly state it, I create it and everything in it through my perceptions. Which propably means my mind is truly twisted to have concieved of such a thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-03-2003, 06:22 PM
I\'m sorry, my friend, but in this you are wrong.

*I* create the Universe with my perceptions.

Look, this site needs to start selling liquor if you two are gonna keep on like this ...

belgareth
06-03-2003, 06:24 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Look, this site needs to start selling liquor if you two are gonna keep on like this ...

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I\'ll drink to that. A good single malt scotch, say 15 years old, aged in oak?

**DONOTDELETE**
06-03-2003, 06:26 PM
NOW we\'re talkin\'!

A little Thai stick on the side, and we\'re ready to talk some more about who really created the Universe ...

I definitely need some smoke for this.

MOBLEYC57
06-03-2003, 07:14 PM
Foofoo! What\'cha smoking in the big UK? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Got any extras for me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

upsidedown
06-03-2003, 07:32 PM
I does not exist. We\'re all just digital code inside a computer at Industial Light and Magic.

druid
06-03-2003, 08:00 PM
well here is a little classical descrates.

Of course the universe exists. I mean even if our senses are being decieved by a malcious demon or the matrix, our brian is still interpeting those false perceptios. So our brian exists somewhere and that would the universe. So I can\'t be 100% sure that my body exists, but I can be 100% sure that my mind exists. YO COGITO ERGO SUM -- I THINK THEREFORE I AM.

But the question is this -- Does what WE (or at least I) percieve as reailty actually reailty???????????

I think a very good answer is this -- ASSUME that we are being sysemtically decieve by a machine, demon, or god himself well our perceptions are being controlled by this entity -- this is dervived from the assumption. Well we are being feed this idea that our reailty could be false. So why would this being go through all the trouble to decieve us, and then plant this little seed of doubt about our reailty? this assumption is ultimely self defeating.

seadove
06-03-2003, 11:40 PM
One day foofoo was sitting under an apple tree, and as he was sitting day dreaming thinking about sex and pheromones,boink, an apple fell on his head.

Then he asked himself \"duh? now why the hell would an apple fall on my head? And why is the universe so big? and is there a G-d or there isn\'t? And why is the sky so high?\"

Suddenly, he had an erection and, you know, he felt like it, so he went to his girl friend, his girl friend kicked his a$$ saying she\'s PMSing.

So he said \"I know!!\"

He decided to come to the \"open discussion\" so that he can f*ck our brains instead.

MOBLEYC57
06-04-2003, 06:25 AM
Good job Dove! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Got any butter? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif