PDA

View Full Version : More Girlie Stuff

Elana
06-01-2003, 06:16 AM
FTR started one of these threads a while back and some of us got some really great tips from it. I think we can all thank CJ for telling us about CP Serum. That stuff is fantastic. What are some of the hair care/cosmetics/skin care products you are using now that you can\'t live without?

Elana
06-01-2003, 06:28 AM
I have fallen in love with a line of hair care products called \"Beyond the Zone.\" They are a cheap knock off of the TiGi Bedhead line, but for about 1/4 of the price. This is such a fun line of products.

I have created some of the sexiest hair styles with some of this crap. The demented goo is great for twisting rasta like curls into your hair which when loosened up make you look like you are ready to shoot a playboy centerfold. I call this hair style \"playboy\" hair. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have long, naturally curly hair, and I always wear it the same way. Now that I have started playing around with these products, I can create so many looks with my hair. The beach salt spray gives it a matte , wind swept look. The Sexy Styling Sauce gives you that day old, bed head look. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

That\'s my tip of the day. These products can only be purchased at Sally\'s Beauty Supply Store. Do a search for \"Beyond the zone\" to see what products they have. http://www.sallybeauty.com/ (\"http://www.sallybeauty.com/\")

**DONOTDELETE**
06-01-2003, 06:32 AM
None of those products costs more than $5.00, unlike the original Tigi line, which is salon priced ... and these work just as well. I like the way they smell, too. At those prices, you can afford to experiment a little. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

monesrule
06-01-2003, 06:35 AM
The Sexy Styling Sauce gives you that day old, bed head look. >>> A beauty product to make you look like you haven\'t used a beauty product? Ok, now things have gotten out of hand....

**DONOTDELETE**
06-01-2003, 06:36 AM
Oh, gosh, we\'ve been doing that forever. It takes more work and more makeup to do a \"natural\" look than it does to do a glamourous one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

monesrule
06-01-2003, 06:37 AM
so it is kinda like \"heroin chic\", huh?

**DONOTDELETE**
06-01-2003, 06:40 AM
One way to look at it.

monesrule
06-01-2003, 06:52 AM
i was kidding about that. i know what you mean (look like you aren\'t wearing makeup type of deal). That i understand. It is the irony of a hair product that makes it look like your hair hasn\'t been washed that i was pointing out.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-01-2003, 06:56 AM
Thanks, yeah, I got that.

Is there a beauty product you\'re currently enthusiastic about?

monesrule
06-01-2003, 07:08 AM
well i like \"back to basics\" holding paste. I dont know if you have heard of back to basics becuase i think they just make men\'s products, but it is the only thing i have ever found that can thicken my hair and give it hold without making it feel or look greesy, shiney or whatever. No one can tell that i have anything in it. People think i actualyl have great hair, when it is too thin.

Elana
06-01-2003, 08:11 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
well i like \"back to basics\" holding paste. I dont know if you have heard of back to basics becuase i think they just make men\'s products

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Back to Basics is a very popular line for women. I didn\'t even know that they made products for guys.

CJ01
06-01-2003, 09:35 AM
Hair care products - I like Lóreal. I´ve started using that new one, even though it´s not aimed at my `age groups´ and I really like KMS products.
Skinbios haircare prods aren´t bad either btw.

Enticing
06-01-2003, 10:58 AM
Elana thanks for posting this! I just spent about $50 at Sally\'s because I want to try so many of those Beyond the Zone products. The two I am most excited about are the Noodle Head (curling product) and Last Call (hair repair masque). I also bought Strip Search (de-gooing shampoo) and Busted (hemp hair conditioner)! Great names, btw. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I will let cha know how they work for me.

I tried and really liked the L\'Oreal Couleur Experte - the new double size red box L\'Oreal. It\'s basically hair color and highlights in one box (two processes). I think I used the Caramel Truffle one, or some name like that, and it came out great, without excessive drying. I have used other highlighters that fried my hair, so this was good. And you apply the highlighter with something that looks like a large mascara wand, none of those turbans-with-holes-in-them crap. The only drawback, they\'re selling it for like $18-21 a box. Dayum, am I worth that? LOL Well, it\'s still beats $120 at the salon (or whatever).

Oh PS I also like the Neutrogena Instant Bronzer for the Face - light colored, it goes on even and looks very natural, you\'re not looking like George Hamilton or anything, just a little brighter and healthier. $10 a 2 oz tube.

Let\'s keep this going! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Elana
06-01-2003, 11:51 AM
I am a sunless tanning junkie. My two favorites are Clinique Dark and Paula\'s Choice. The best bronzer that I have discovered is Ben Nye. This is found at costume shops and online. It is very inexpensive and looks so natural on.

Elana
06-01-2003, 11:55 AM
Enticing- Did you get the goo?
The two I am most excited about are the Noodle Head (curling product)

Noodle Head is a new product. Please give us a review as soon as you try it

**DONOTDELETE**
06-01-2003, 12:16 PM
I am almost through a bottle of \"Busted\" shampoo and have been using \"Stoked\" conditioner after, with \"Split Decision\" for styling and \"Frizz Zapper\" for finishing. I\'ve been using \"Last Call\" for deep conditioning once a week. I\'m really happy with all those products, and I bought the whole lot for about $20.00. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Can\'t beat that.

Elana
06-01-2003, 12:34 PM
Gettin Creamed is great to run through your hair when you are finished styling. Try everything. It\'s so cheap! They often have buy this get this free with BTZ products.

CJ01
06-01-2003, 12:45 PM
`getting creamed´ which type of hair is this meant to be used for ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
CJ

Elana
06-01-2003, 12:54 PM
I have thick hair. I think it would work on any hair, but I don\'t think this line of products is available for you, my foreign, bi wanna be friend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

monesrule
06-01-2003, 01:35 PM
&lt;&lt;&lt;getting creamed&gt;&gt;&gt; Women will actually buy that? Or is my mind just in the gutter?

Elana
06-01-2003, 01:43 PM
Most of the product names have sexual connotations. Why wouldn\'t we buy it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

monesrule
06-01-2003, 01:55 PM
I could think of quite a few women that I know that wouldn\'t like the name \"getting creamed\". Just figured products for females would use more empowering sexual ineuendos. something more empowering. I would think you wouldn\'t like that theme -- i.e. sex involves a man imposing will, woman being passive. After all, you yelled at me for using that one term.....well I know a feminist would see my point.

Elana
06-01-2003, 01:58 PM
After all, you yelled at me for using that one term.....well I know a feminist would see my point.

They won\'t sell this product to feminists. They post a huge sign by the products that warns people of that.

monesrule
06-01-2003, 01:59 PM
lol...oh is this in just one shop or something. I thought it was like in CVS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Elana
06-01-2003, 04:04 PM
lol...oh is this in just one shop or something. I thought it was like in CVS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes, even CVS has the sign posted

Enticing
06-01-2003, 04:21 PM
Yup, Elana got the goo, and sample sizes of both the Super Sexy Styling Sauce and the Frizz Zapper. The only buy this get that free offer today was some beach thing to bleach your hair like you\'ve been in the sun then you get one of those wild gel colors free, like blue or green. (That\'s a little more radical than I need. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

Elana
06-01-2003, 04:40 PM
I just love the Super Sexy Styling Sauce.
I hope you love this junk as much as I do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The Flasher spray is really great for instant shine.

DaVinciKittie
06-02-2003, 01:10 AM
I don\'t know if you guys have heard of mineral makeup, but I use a line called Bare Escentuals. There are no added chemicals (to keep it \"pressed\" or colored), and many dermatologists are now recommending mineral makeup to women with rosacea or sensitive skin because of this. It\'s incredibly versatile as far as color and coverage- it covers like a liquid but it doesn\'t *feel* like a liquid (more like a nekkid face /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif), and you can mix the foundation shades (BE has about 10 to choose from) if none of them suit you exactly, and since all the eye and face colors are \"loose\" they last forever and can be used wet or dry. The foundations have a natural SPF of 15, and all the colors can be used for pretty much any purpose you choose (i.e. an \"eyeshadow\" can be a blush or a lip color if you dip a chapstick in it, same for the \"face\" and \"cheek\" colors). BE has a huge color selection too, and *those* can also be mixed to get whatever shade you desire. I could go on and on, but the best part is how it looks on your face. It gives you that dewy \"glow\" (I\'d almost say like the J.Lo glow, but it doesn\'t have to be that intense if you don\'t want it to be), and works wonders on controlling oiliness.

I\'ve been using BE for about 9 months now and I\'ve seen a dramatic improvement in my skin (and my makeup application techniques! LOL! It sort of forces you to get good at applying makeup). I will never go back to traditional makeup. This stuff is rather expensive to start out, but it takes a long time to run out of it (1 pot costs $25 but lasts anywhere from 3-9 months, sometimes longer, depending on how much coverage you want). Bare Escentuals does not sell their products in department stores, but they do have boutiques (mostly in California) and they sell it online at places like QVC and dermstore.com. If you\'re familiar with QVC, here\'s a statistic for you... BE\'s May TSV sold more units *PRE-SHOW* than any other TSV in the history of QVC- this line has a *huge* following. If you\'re interested in samples, you can get them for the cost of shipping from the boutiques ($6.20), and they\'ll send you up to 6.

Anyway, that\'s my spiel! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif If you\'re interested, I\'ll be glad to tell you more. You can check it out online at...

http://www.bareescentuals.com/ (\"http://www.bareescentuals.com/\")
and
http://www.bareminerals.com/ (\"http://www.bareminerals.com/\")

**DONOTDELETE**
06-02-2003, 04:49 AM
I have seen that on QVC and wondered about it. Maybe I\'ll check that out next. I am still on the quest for the perfect foundation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Can it go matte, or is it all toward dewy ... does all the makeup have mica in it so there\'s sheen?

Elana
06-02-2003, 09:38 AM
I have never tried Bare Essentials, but read great reviews from www.Makeupalley.com (\"http://www.Makeupalley.com\")

I am intrigued. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CJ01
06-02-2003, 09:44 AM
I have thick hair. I think it would work on any hair, but I don\'t think this line of products is available for you, my foreign, bi wanna be friend.

That´s not quite what I was asking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And I am not bi anymore. Just foreign, well for you USAians I am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif CJ

**DONOTDELETE**
06-02-2003, 09:53 AM
You\'re NOT BI ANYMORE???

FINE! I jump the fence so I can be with you, and what do you do? Jump back into the other side!

I\'m mad now, CJ.

DaVinciKittie
06-02-2003, 02:45 PM
FTR: I\'m pretty sure it doesn\'t have mica in it. It\'s not so much a shine as a nice healthy glow. It is definitely not matte, though, like you\'ll get from most liquids. I\'ve actually come to like this look more. I believe the \"glow\" is because of the bismuth in it (this is also what makes it so creamy as opposed to non-bismuth mineral foundations). There are many brands out there that don\'t have bismuth and are reported to be more matte (Botany Bay is one that many of the forum ladies use, and I\'m pretty sure it\'s more matte), but I\'ve never tried any of them. I post on another forum that is based around BE, so I can give you the link for it if you\'re interested in reading what other women have to say about it or if you\'d like to see what it looks like on real women (i.e. not the QVC models who all have perfect skin)- many of us post our daily \"looks\" there. I\'m not posting that here in the forum out of respect to the ladies who *do* put their pics up, so I\'ll PM it to you if you\'re interested. I can give you some recommendations on what foundation shades to try, so just LMK if you\'re still interested (any of you ladies are certianly welcome to PM me for the link or ask here if you want more info- I didn\'t mean to make the offer seem exclusive to FTR. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DaVinciKittie
06-02-2003, 02:51 PM
Out of curiosity, what is CP Serum? If you\'d rather not explain it again, you can just point me to the thread. Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-02-2003, 03:19 PM
www.skinbiology.com (\"http://www.skinbiology.com\")

Buy it. You won\'t be sorry.

The inventor of this line of products has sold rights to lots of other cosmetic lines to use his technology, but what you buy directly from his site is the most potent form and is actually 2nd generation, while the commercial products are still using 1st generation technology. It\'s astoundingly cheap, amazingly effective, skin care. It works out to about $10.00 a month for CP Serum if you buy the big bottle.

CP stands for Copper Peptides. Somehow Dr. Pickart discovered the role of copper in skin care and perfected a delivery system in this watery blue liquid called CP Serum. I used 12 drops each application and that covers my face, neck and chest.

It makes your skin GLOW and it tightens and firms it noticeably.

His other products are great, too, but the CP Serum is a must have.

Goddess
06-02-2003, 04:46 PM
Since I\'ve been using CP/emu oil, I haven\'t needed to use a foundation. My skin looks GREAT. This from a woman who has used scads of makeup and creams on her face for the last 10 years. My freckles have been popping a little in the sun, but was told recently that they look sexy. So have opted to not wear foundation. And, my dark under-eye circles (hereditary) have diminished noticably. Thanks to whoever first brought this up on a thread here!!!!! Goddess

Elana
06-03-2003, 09:10 AM
Oh yuck! I have put off getting the Emu oil because it just sounds so gross putting bird guts on your face, but everyone I have heard from that uses it, really loves it. I guess I\'ll try it out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CJ01
06-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Elena, you won´t regret getting the emu oil I promise! It´s the best moisturizer for skin I have ever tried. It´s the perfect product to use in winter especially!

It´s good for a lot of other things too. I had read that it helps for bruises and stuff. A while back I had ended up with a bruise - I´m a bit clumsy sometimes. It was right in a place that it very much affected from an injury I have already. A few days later ( I had forgotten about using the oil )I rubbed a little bit of stuff on that bruised area and the next day it had become much better, and it didn´t take very long for it to dissapear completely.

Really, this stuff is great. The one I have (emu oil s) is from skinbio doesn´t smell bad either, meaning they have removed the odours. It´s also used for things like arthritis, burns etc.

CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nonscents
06-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Don\'t they say it goes rancid in 3 months? Do you buy a little at a time?

**DONOTDELETE**
06-03-2003, 11:34 AM
I don\'t remember reading that. I\'ve had mine longer than that and it\'s fine. It comes in about a 4 oz bottle, but a very tiny bit goes a very long way, as with all of the skinbio products.

CJ01
06-03-2003, 11:50 AM
I guess you should look after it especially during the hot summer season. They say it should be used within 3 months. And during how and warm weather you can/should keep it stored in the fridge. SO if you look after it you should be okay.
CJ

**DONOTDELETE**
06-03-2003, 12:05 PM
My apartment\'s air conditioned, thank god. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CJ01
06-03-2003, 12:13 PM
That type of technology should come in handy when you´re playing with substances like EW I should think! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I don´t have air conditioning, in autum/winter it´s fine but this time of year if ther´s no sign of airmovement - christ! A ventilator is the only rescue. This remindsme, I have to and dig it out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

EXIT63
06-03-2003, 12:36 PM
http://www.calypsos-oil.com/ (\"http://www.calypsos-oil.com/\")

Has this been discussed? I found it on the skin bio page.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-03-2003, 12:40 PM
Yes. We\'ve talked about Calypso oils before and their plant pheromones, etc.

The oils and lotions are nice. I don\'t like the nutmeg one, personally. I don\'t see the plant pheromones doing anything, either.

But they\'re nice for your skin.

CJ01
06-03-2003, 12:51 PM
I don\'t see the plant pheromones doing anything, either.

really, I´ve come to believe that those plant pheros add something to my own pheros signature and have a positive effect on my body scent. Anyway I do like the smell of the lotions. The BND cream is absolutely lovely I think.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-03-2003, 01:58 PM
I probably haven\'t given them enough of a try. I got the P&amp;R lotion with plant \'mones in lavender/nutmeg or whatever, and I don\'t care for the smell and I only use it on my face at night, so I should take that back about the plant \'mones. If I used them in body lotion and actually around PEOPLE, who knows what could happen....

EXIT63
06-03-2003, 02:24 PM
What works best for circles under your eyes? cp night eyes?

**DONOTDELETE**
06-03-2003, 02:25 PM
Sleep, quit smoking, and treat your allergies ... Estee Lauder concealer ...

Long story short, I wish I knew.

MOBLEYC57
06-03-2003, 02:31 PM
What works best for circles under your eyes? cp night eyes?

Serious for a second...I\'ve read somewhere that the stuff used for hemorrhoids, will takes away the bag look. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Now...got\'a beer? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Preparation H is for BAGS under your eyes, because it reduces swelling.

It doesn\'t do anything for dark circles.

CJ01
06-03-2003, 02:33 PM
I think that scented lotion IS bodylotion as far as I remember. I´ll check and let you know.

CJ01
06-03-2003, 02:35 PM
Exit, if I knew what helps for this I´d tell you!! If you find something that works before me, let me know okay.
CJ:)

MOBLEYC57
06-03-2003, 02:38 PM

Oh! Okay. Then, lots of make up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Got\'a slice of bread I can borrow? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-03-2003, 02:39 PM
You want a beer and a slice of bread.

How \'bout you just call Pizza Hut, what\'s the problem here. Do I look like the local grocer??

MOBLEYC57
06-03-2003, 07:06 PM
Sorry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Got a dust pan I can borrow? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Enticing
06-04-2003, 03:21 AM
Where do you buy emu oil?

Also, has anyone found a tooth-whitening system they like, and that works?

I tried the Noodle Head (Beyond the Zone) curling cream yesterday, pretty good stuff. Used just under a quarter size dollop and rubbed it between my palms, applied to hair, sort of like you would mousse. (My hair is down to my scapulas) The big test, I even applied it near my scalp. Applied hair dryer for about 5 minutes and scrunched a little. BTW, it\'s a straight hair dryer not one of those for curly hair. My ends were a riot of loose curls, and the hair wasn\'t weighed down. No greasy stuff near the scalp, it seemed to have more volume there, too. And it held, it\'s still curly the next morning. I\'m giving it a very good rating! Very happy with the Busted, Last Call and Strip Search stuff, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (Wish they\'d get their web page up - www.beyondthezone.com (\"http://www.beyondthezone.com\"))

Elana
06-04-2003, 03:28 AM
I want to know if Noodle Head is like the Sexy Styling sauce but for curly hair. The Sexy Styling Sauce leaves your hair looking like the \"day after\" hair. I can\'t go without the stuff now. After you use the Sexy Sauce, can you compair it to Noodle Head, please? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Enticing
06-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Well of course, Elana, be happy to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well the sexy styling sauce is also a lotion, right? Are you talking about the sexy styling sauce or the demented goo? I know you like the goo.

Please tell me how you apply the goo. That\'s thick, and looks like something you need rollers with?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sorry, I only wash my hair once a day and I\'m pretty much of a styling dunce! lol Wash-n-go, is what I usually do. So walk me thru it, k?? LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Which one should I test today? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Elana
06-04-2003, 04:20 AM
I am talking about the Styling Sauce and not the goo. Yes, the Styling Sauce is a lotion. I am hoping that Noodle Head is the same product, but just meant for curly ladies like ourselves. The goo is very sticky and thick. I have never in my life used rollers. I never felt I had a reason to because my hair is naturally curly. I started taking a strip of hair around the frame of my face, adding a little goo to the strip and then twisting it into a rasta braid. Then I would loosen it up and it would be look so sexy.

When I was in Sally\'s the other day, I saw those rubber type curlers that you bend into your hair so I decided to get them to try them out with my new BTZ products. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the results!!!
I wash my hair every other day. The second day looks too excellent!!!!

I change the products that I use every time I do my hair, but my last project /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif was so successful, I may have to repeat to a T.

I applied the root lifter to my roots, then some Styling Sauce with a tiny bit of the Frizz Zapper. Then I scrunched and dried as usual. When my hair was dry, I took strips of hair, applied the goo and rolled up sections. I just hung out with the thingies in my hair for a few hours, when I took them out it was SUPER curly, but it was so easy to manipulate. The curl last so beautifully. Like I said.....I am on my second day today, and I woke up with my hair looking like I was just done up for a photo shoot.

EXIT63
06-04-2003, 04:31 AM
w00T W00T

Elana
06-04-2003, 04:32 AM
w00T W00T

Want me to give you the Playboy hairstyle?

EXIT63
06-04-2003, 04:34 AM
w00T W00T

Want me to give you the Playboy hairstyle?

Depends...Can I borrow a push-up bra?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

EXIT63
06-04-2003, 04:35 AM

I have both /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Elana
06-04-2003, 04:39 AM
Depends...Can I borrow a push-up bra?!

Why not? I certainly don\'t need them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

EXIT63
06-04-2003, 04:45 AM
Depends...Can I borrow a push-up bra?!

Why not? I certainly don\'t need them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I knew that.....I was just testing you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Elana
06-04-2003, 05:08 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-04-2003, 05:19 AM
Enticing, do you have any problems with frizz in humidity? I\'ve been looking like the bride of Frankenstein - it has rained here every single day but one for a month, we\'re all going nuts - bad for temperament but worse for hair, and I can\'t find anything that keeps it from bushing when it\'s humid. Do you think the noodle stuff would work?

Oh, the emu oil is at skinbiology, too. CP Serum and Emu oil is his sort of default recommendation, like we say PCC and PI/w for newbies.

Elana
06-04-2003, 05:21 AM
Renee- I have a bad problem with humitity. It is about as humid in South Florida as it can get now. This hair style (because of the products) is holding up beautifully. When I am not out, I keep it up ontop of my head, so the curls stay scrunched.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-04-2003, 05:24 AM
Tell me again what you\'re using?

Elana
06-04-2003, 05:25 AM
No lazy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Read my reply to Enticing a few posts up.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-04-2003, 05:52 AM
Will do - sorry, just woke up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EXIT63
06-04-2003, 05:57 AM
Enticing, do you have any problems with frizz in humidity? I\'ve been looking like the bride of Frankenstein - it has rained here every single day but one for a month, we\'re all going nuts - bad for temperament but worse for hair, and I can\'t find anything that keeps it from bushing when it\'s humid. Do you think the noodle stuff would work?

Oh, the emu oil is at skinbiology, too. CP Serum and Emu oil is his sort of default recommendation, like we say PCC and PI/w for newbies.

Here\'s my secret formula for frizzy reduction. Ready, are you paying attention. Here it comes. Pantene pro vitamin formula conditioner.

I know what you\'re saying...\"That won\'t work!..What a dumbass\"!!! But wait, the secret is: ssssh, this is just between us girls. It\'s not a leave in conditioner, but I leave it in anyway. (I discussed this with my hair babe and she says it\'s ok). Leaves my hair soft and manageable. (the girls can\'t keep their hands off of it)(my hair that is) I laugh at humidity. I have to be careful how much I use cause it can go limp.(my hair that is).

Well, That\'s my secret. Don\'t hate me because I\'m beautiful!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elana
06-04-2003, 05:59 AM
Well, That\'s my secret. Don\'t hate me because I\'m beautiful!!!

I try not too, but I just can\'t help it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-04-2003, 05:59 AM
I use Pantene conditioner by the handfuls. I\'ll try that. Thanks.

Elana
06-04-2003, 06:02 AM
I used to use Exit\'s trick with Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner. I remember it worked OK.

MOBLEYC57
06-04-2003, 07:05 AM

I have both /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Doesn\'t the dark ring have something to do with blood? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I\'ve seen a lot of people with the dark ring around the eyes look...seems like the Exit is just stuck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Got toe nail clippers I can borrow? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif You gellin? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

CJ01
06-04-2003, 10:28 AM
There´s two different types of emu oil at skinbio.

Enticing
06-04-2003, 06:52 PM
Ok. Today I used the root lifter (Power Lift), maybe a little too much, like in 5-6 sections, because looked a bit greasy at the roots. Didn\'t feel greasy, just looked like it was wet all day. Then used about a dime or more of Frizz Control gel, applied to the ends, scruched and dried. I love how together and soft the ends feel, but was unhappy with the roots. I tried to do one of those rasta curl things, Elana, but used a real thin section of hair, will try to do a bigger chunk next time.

FTR I think the Noodle thing might help with humidity problems, but doesn\'t the frizz control product also do that? My tube of Noolde Head was $4.99, maybe it\'s worth a try for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elana I am glad to mentioned the \'managability factor\' when talking about products in your hair. I mean, who can\'t use a sh1tload of mousse in your hair, and have it be curly... but the minute you guy touches it, tries to run his hands thru it - ack! It\'s like crispy critter hair. (I don\'t like that)

And speaking of conditioner tricks, occasionally I have applied the conditioner first and THEN shampoo lightly. It seems to work somehow for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Elana
06-05-2003, 02:46 AM
That\'s strange about the Power Life making your roots look greasy. I have used so much of the stuff at once, and never had any sign of greasiness. Did you air dry it or use your blow drier? I never air dry my hair. I always dry with a diffuser. I just want to know what you did differently that I do.

Enticing
06-05-2003, 03:20 AM
I worked the root lifter through the roots and then applied reg straight blowdryer for about 5 min. (Aiming at the roots). I was pinched for time and let it air dry the rest of the way. It wasn\'t so much greasy, as it was you know - looked like I\'d gopped on a bunch of mousse. Ya know - like dirty hair. Maybe I didn\'t give it enough blowdryer time.

I guess I need to get a diffuser. I don\'t usually dry my hair all the way dry with a blowdryer. Do you have a diffuser adapter, or a whole separate diffuser-dryer?

DaVinciKittie
06-07-2003, 01:29 AM
Ha! Let\'s see how many guys *that* brings over here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey Elana, would you mind explaining your technique for the playboy hair? I\'d really like to try that, but after going to the Sally\'s site and seeing that the Demented Stylin\' Goo comes in a little pot, I have no idea how to work with this stuff!

Thanks!!

Elana
06-07-2003, 03:29 AM
I applied the root lifter to my roots, then some Styling Sauce with a tiny bit of the Frizz Zapper. Then I scrunched and dried as usual. When my hair was dry, I took strips of hair, applied the goo and rolled up sections. I just hung out with the thingies in my hair for a few hours, when I took them out it was SUPER curly, but it was so easy to manipulate. The curl lasts so beautifully.

This is what I wrote to Enticing a few posts back. I think that the Frizz zapper and power lifter (the root lifter) are optional.

Last night I used way too much Sexy Sauce, Frizz Zapper and Goo. While it came out looking beautiful, it feels a bit odd. I think that mixing some Noodle Head and Sexy Styling Sauce and applying before blow drying would be the perfect combo. The Noodle head to make it even curlier and the Sauce to give the sexy second day look.

You only need a teeny bit of goo. Experiment with how little you can use to get away with. I love how the curl will last for days. I went an extra day the other day to see how it would look. The weather has been horrible. It\'s been raining and obviously very humid. My hair is still looking amazing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW the rollers I am using are those bendable, thin, rollers. I am brand new to the rollers scene so I don\'t know what they are called. If you don\'t know what I am talking about let me know and I\'ll post a link.

DVK- If I am not answering what you are looking for, keep asking. I want you all to get what I am getting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sexyredhead
06-07-2003, 05:24 AM
Alright! I give in! Y\'all make this stuff sound way too cool. I\'m going by a Sally store (I think) next weekend, and I\'m gonna pick up some stuff while I\'m there. Dammit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Elana
06-07-2003, 05:28 AM
It\'s a really fun line of products and it is so inexpensive for such quality. I have used use a bunch of their stuff. Just join in the BTZ fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif It\'s so versatile.

You can read reviews for Beyond the Zone on makeupalley.com

The reviews are listed under TiGi

**DONOTDELETE**
06-07-2003, 05:32 AM
Pfffft. I\'m thinking about Japanese straightening. I go for a slightly touseled Breck Girl look, actually. It\'s got to have touch appeal, look and feel soft, and he has to be able to run his fingers through it repeatedly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But ... got pics?

That look will require my buying not only styling products but a diffuser and noodly curlers...

Elana
06-07-2003, 05:36 AM
That look will require my buying not only styling products but a diffuser and noodly curlers...

The diffuser wouldn\'t matter, because the hair really gets its curl from the goo/noodly curlers. The noodly curlers are only like $7.00 for a pack of 10 and that\'s all I used.

What is this Japanese straightening? If it is what I think it is, I have a relative that got it done. What is another name for it? If it is the same product, I\'ll tell you her review.

Sexyredhead
06-07-2003, 05:38 AM
Wait. The BTZ products make your hair really stiff? I dunno about that then. I also like a guy (and me) to be able to run his fingers through it. I like lots of loose curls, but my hair is heavy, and they come out during the day if I don\'t use something.

So far I\'ve been using Matrix Essentials Styling Glaze (that bottle has lasted 6 months) and Physique Curl Creator gel. I just put on after I towel-dry my hair, and scrunch. I don\'t like a dryer--makes my hair too dry after a while. But if you continue to scrunch occasionally for an hour or two after you put it in, your hair won\'t be crunchy anymore--just feel bouncy and soft. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have naturally wavy hair. I have to work to keep curls in all day (although it will be wavy all day), or dry it with a blowdryer to get it straight.

Elana
06-07-2003, 05:41 AM
The Stuff doesn\'t make my hair crunchy at all.
The salt spray and sex wax did make it too matte and stiff for my taste. The other stuff, you can\'t use too much or it could give you a strange, waxy feeling. I made that mistake last night. I really over did the products and today it looks great but feels....I guess waxy is a good work to describe it.

Sexyredhead
06-07-2003, 05:48 AM
Hmmmm, what exactly does \"Playboy Hair\" look like? I\'ve got an idea, but I\'m not sure it\'s right.

Anybody got a pic? Or somewhere I could go look?

**DONOTDELETE**
06-07-2003, 06:22 AM
Japanese straightening is a salon process, chemical straightening, that is forever, and your hair turns out straight like a Japanese woman\'s. The thought of the luxury of that near swoons me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It just seems like it would be so much less upkeep.

Although I\'ve heard it\'s hell on maintenance, because, of course, your hair\'s still growing back out curly, so you look kind of like a demented poodle dog, with those curly roots. ...

Does anyone here have any experience with any kind of chemical straightening?

Sexyredhead
06-07-2003, 06:36 AM
Does you look good with your hair straight like that?

It would be really bad if you got it done and it didn\'t suit you.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-07-2003, 07:01 AM
No, actually. It would be great for summer, though - you could do just a low ponytail at the nape of the neck with a nice wrap ... and I was thinking it might be easier to go from straight to curly, i.e., put a couple of rollers in at the crown -- I don\'t look good with my hair flat on the top of my head.

I dunno. I\'m beginning to think Sinead had the right idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I\'m gonna try the noodle rollars and goop. I\'ve got another year yet before the top layers grow out enough to let me do much in the way of restraining it without bobbypins and barettes, and I can\'t STAND hardware in my head. Can you? I do pretty stuff with it and then by noon I\'ve ripped it all out.

Elana
06-07-2003, 07:09 AM
I have a close relative that got that done. She liked it at first (liked not loved) but then went back to her natural hair. It works NOTHING like the pictures show. Her hairdresser told her after the fact that many clients are very unhappy with the results because they expect so much more. The online pictures and videos apparently are not a true representation of what you should expect. She paid over $500.00 to have it done.

Sexyredhead
06-07-2003, 07:09 AM
No, actually. It would be great for summer, though - you could do just a low ponytail at the nape of the neck with a nice wrap ... and I was thinking it might be easier to go from straight to curly, i.e., put a couple of rollars in at the crown -- I don\'t look good with my hair flat on the top of my head.

I dunno. I\'m beginning to think Sinead had the right idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I\'m gonna try the noodle rollars and goop. I\'ve got another year yet before the top layers grow out enough to let me do much in the way of restraining it without bobbypins and barettes, and I can\'t STAND hardware in my head. Can you? I do pretty stuff with it and then by noon I\'ve ripped it all out.

I don\'t look good with a \"flat top\" either.
I\'m wondering if you CAN roll your hair after you get the Japanese straightening. If it makes it permanently straight, would it hold curl still?
No, I don\'t like a lot of mechanics in my hair. They feel funny. And most of the time I\'ve got so much damned hair that I either have to use 100 pins, or the barrettes won\'t hold it all and slip down after a while--and out it all comes.
I braid my hair, put it back with a clip, put it up in a ponytail, or just curl it a little around the ends. I don\'t like spending a lot of time on it, because I know I\'ll just mess it up eventually. It doesn\'t mind me anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Elana
06-07-2003, 07:14 AM
Straight hair is so not me. It doesn\'t suit my personality. I love big bouncy loose curls. I never wear stuff in my hair.

Sexyredhead
06-07-2003, 07:17 AM
Mine grows forward a bit, so it\'s always in my face if I don\'t put it back or behind my ears.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-07-2003, 07:29 AM
I love big bouncy curls, too, and that\'s how I wear my hair - but that requires straightening it on 2.5 - 3 inch rollers if not with the blowdryer and a paddle brush. My hair is almost as curly as a black woman\'s. It falls in tight ringlets when I don\'t straighten it and there\'s so much of it it\'s nearly an afro.

EXIT63
06-07-2003, 08:04 AM
how bout a little afro-sheen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
06-07-2003, 08:06 AM
Nah, Afro-Sheen if actually tanning lotion. Didn\'t you know? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-07-2003, 08:16 AM
That\'s practically what \"Frizz Buster\" is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DaVinciKittie
06-07-2003, 03:23 PM
Well, I certainly had an interesting experience today at Sally\'s. Think I got my first obvious hit there, but I\'ll start a new thread for that in a minute. Okay, so I bought the Demented Goo, Super Sexy Sauce, and the Beach Head spray. Next trip I\'ll probably get a no-frizz product, the root lifter, and the shine spray. This stuff is too much fun! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Alright, now before I try this look (playboy hair), I want to make sure I have a clear picture of the procedure. So you seperate the hair into strips, apply the goo, then curl and wait. After a couple hours, you take out the rollers, and manipulate the curl with your fingers. I have relatively long, naturally wavy/curly (wavy in places and curly in places) hair, so would it be a good idea to straighten it before using the goo and rollers or does it matter? Once the rollers are out- I assume it\'s going to be really curly at that point- how much can you relax the curl with your fingers? You don\'t have any problems seperating the curls? If you used 10 rollers for your entire head, then you probably didn\'t have little tiny sections, I\'m guessing. I\'m wondering how much section size will affect the tightness of the resulting curl (bigger sections resulting in looser curls, etc).

Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to explaion this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Some of that last part is speculation, so don\'t feel obligated to answer it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Elana
06-08-2003, 02:44 PM
I didn\'t want anyone to think I was ignoring DVK. I answered her by PM.

Don\'t hate me because my hair looks amazing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I went boating today and my curls still looked beautiful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
06-09-2003, 07:35 AM
Ok, I found something yesterday at the local WM. It\'s by all the tangerinetherapy stuff, and looks similar. It\'s called Green Tea Energy Moisturizing Body Spray by simplyme. It\'s a combo of mandarin orange, Japanese green teas, and freesia petals.
It\'s a fresh, green smell. I really like it. I think it\'d be great for summer. Haven\'t asked for opinions on it, but I\'ll do that this week.

Just thought I\'d share. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elana
06-09-2003, 09:45 AM
It\'s a combo of mandarin orange, Japanese green teas, and freesia petals.

That sounds yummy. I\'ll check it out.

DaVinciKittie
06-13-2003, 04:24 PM
Alright, help me out here ladies- I know I\'m not the only one!...

I\'ve been wearing a lot of black lately (tanks), so whenever I have them on for over 5 minutes I end up with that white residue under the arms of the shirt. Anybody got any recommendations for good antipersperant deodorant that leaves no residue (goes on clear), has no scent (I don\'t like to use scented ones- they compete with my perfume and lotion), and works *WELL*? So far I\'ve used...

Sure Gel (New!), Unscented:
Works ok as far as not leaving *too* much residue, but it\'s still noticeable. My main complaint with this one is that it doesn\'t work very well for controlling odor.

Lady Speed Stick Invisible Dry:
SAYS it leaves \"no white residue!\" but iot *DOES*. Worked ok for odors.

Dove Invisible Solid:
\"Outstanding protection that goes on clear!\" but not so much. Leaves a residue. Although this one worked the best of the three as far as controlling odor.

Any and all suggestions welcome! I\'m taking a trip to nice hot Arizona next week (Sedona, Grand Canyon, etc), and I want a product that is going to keep me dry (without smelling like BO) and won\'t leave any white on my black tanks! TIA!! :-D

**DONOTDELETE**
06-13-2003, 04:37 PM
I swear by Mitchum -- So Effective You Could Skip A Day tm Unscented Clear Gel. It really really does work, even on days when I\'m hefting files and running up and down halls and \"stinkin\' and sweatin\'\" as we say in the patent secretary business. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And no white residue. My mom discovered it when we lived in Puerto Rico and I\'ve used it since I was 13 - with occasional curiosity breaks to try new stuff that comes out - nothing else even begins to compare. The packaging is not sexy - I think they think that only men buy the unscented - but it WORKS.

DaVinciKittie
06-13-2003, 06:19 PM
Hmmm... Sounds promising. I saw some of those at Target but they didn\'t have any unscented. I\'ll have to go on a hunt now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks!

**DONOTDELETE**
06-13-2003, 06:59 PM
If you don\'t find it, let me know and I\'ll send you some at least so you\'ll have it for the trip. I get it at Giant.

DaVinciKittie
06-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Hey, thanks FTR! I\'ll let you know if I can\'t find any! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bundyburger
06-14-2003, 03:44 AM
Mitchum... the best anti-perspirent I\'ve ever used.

The past few years though it started reacting with my glands or something. Weird. SO hardly use it now.
The unscented is the one I\'ll occasionly use with pheros /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elana
06-14-2003, 05:47 AM
DVK...you can order it from

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/search?page=1&amp;Query=mitchum&amp;ActiveCat=65 (\"http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/search?page=1&amp;Query=mitchum&amp;ActiveCat=65\")

Elana
06-14-2003, 05:50 AM
www.drugstore.com (\"http://www.drugstore.com\") has it too

**DONOTDELETE**
06-14-2003, 06:31 AM
DOH!

That\'ll work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lucky
06-16-2003, 03:59 AM
Clinique has a good hair product: Healthy Shine Serum

Since blonde hair isn\'t reflective and doesn\'t shine much, I need help. I love this stuff.