PDA

View Full Version : Cookbook 0.6 - Work is in progress again

Nimbus
05-30-2003, 11:19 AM
Hello guys and gals,

I\'m good old Nimbus, at last back on this forum after a long absence. I regret to have disappeared at the end of 2002 without giving a word to anyone, but I can easily tell you that these past five months have been really hard for me, clearly the most difficult part of my entire life so far.

I won\'t bore you with the details however. I took some time to browse the posts made during my absence: lots of new people jumped on our bandwagon (welcome!), there are new products that I can\'t wait to try, and phero experiments went wilder and wilder.

I guess that after five months of stillness, an update to the Cookbook is really needed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif so I\'d like all you to give me a wishlist of what you\'d like to find in the next version. As usual help is appreciated!

And now, back to browse through all those unread posts!

BassMan
05-30-2003, 11:22 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Hello guys and gals,

I\'m good old Nimbus, at last back on this forum after a long absence. I regret to have disappeared at the end of 2002 without giving a word to anyone, but I can easily tell you that these past five months have been really hard for me, clearly the most difficult part of my entire life so far.

I won\'t bore you with the details however. I took some time to browse the posts made during my absence: lots of new people jumped on our bandwagon (welcome!), there are new products that I can\'t wait to try, and phero experiments went wilder and wilder.

I guess that after five months of stillness, an update to the Cookbook is really needed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif so I\'d like all you to give me a wishlist of what you\'d like to find in the next version. As usual help is appreciated!

And now, back to browse through all those unread posts!

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Correct concentrations for the components of AE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome back. Hope things have gotton better for you.

krtel
05-30-2003, 11:24 AM
If you could add my new mix WKM#1 that would be great.

Here is the ratio: 6 SoE, 3 NPA, 1 PI

You\'ve got to read my thread man, you\'ve missed a lot! \"Creating a hybrid of KR#1 and DD#1...\"

Thanks,

- Krish

xxxPantero
05-30-2003, 12:01 PM

No, no! It won\'t bore us! Tell us about it, if it doesn\'t bother u. We were worried sick, young man! No seriously, though, what\'s been going on in your life?

Xehupatl
05-30-2003, 01:18 PM
Velcome back, old friend!
Maybe Bruce can start selling the cookbook for a minimal fee with the mones on his site!

Nimbus
05-30-2003, 01:20 PM
Actually, lots of things happened at the same time.

I had to left my work because of a fight with my boss. Men it\'s frustrating when you discover that for a lot of time you\'ve been used for the sole purpose of hiding a big skeleton that was in your boss\' private personal closet... And when I told him what I thought about the whole business, I also mentioned that using the information I discovered I could give him lots of troubles. At last I managed to walk past that door, but I had to find another work and that wasn\'t easy... Remember that I also have to mantain my studies.

For some time I worked as a sys operator in the worst way you can imagine. Wake-up at 6am and go to bed at 1am, studying for exams in the meanwhile, mantaining cell reperibility 24/7. In the same period, a close friend of mine suffered a great loss, suffice to say that now he lives alone in his house. Really bad time, but I never gave up.

Now things are going much better. I\'ve found a good work that lets me sleep as most humans do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif exams are here again but I hope to do better this time... and for the first time in months, three days ago I removed the dust from my phero arsenal and prepared the very same APC+AE mix I was working on before disappearing... And I thought it was time to greet some old friends.

That\'s the story for who wants to know it! BTW I noticed that the cookbook has been suggested in franki\'s post as a good starting point for newbies... Great! It\'s clear that a good maintenance won\'t hurt.

I have some good ideas on how to distribute it too: apart from the usual HTML format, I was thinking about preparing a PDF and plain text version too. That will be easy thanks to a tool that I recently discovered.

xxxPantero
05-30-2003, 01:23 PM
Actually, lots of things happened at the same time.

I had to left my work because of a fight with my boss. Men it\'s frustrating when you discover that for a lot of time you\'ve been used for the sole purpose of hiding a big skeleton that was in your boss\' private personal closet... And when I told him what I thought about the whole business, I also mentioned that using the information I discovered I could give him lots of troubles. At last I managed to walk past that door, but I had to find another work and that wasn\'t easy... Remember that I also have to mantain my studies.

For some time I worked as a sys operator in the worst way you can imagine. Wake-up at 6am and go to bed at 1am, studying for exams in the meanwhile, mantaining cell reperibility 24/7. In the same period, a close friend of mine suffered a great loss, suffice to say that now he lives alone in his house. Really bad time, but I never gave up.

Now things are going much better. I\'ve found a good work that lets me sleep as most humans do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif exams are here again but I hope to do better this time... and for the first time in months, three days ago I removed the dust from my phero arsenal and prepared the very same APC+AE mix I was working on before disappearing... And I thought it was time to greet some old friends.

That\'s the story for who wants to know it! BTW I noticed that the cookbook has been suggested in franki\'s post as a good starting point for newbies... Great! It\'s clear that a good maintenance won\'t hurt.

I have some good ideas on how to distribute it too: apart from the usual HTML format, I was thinking about preparing a PDF and plain text version too. That will be easy thanks to a tool that I recently discovered.

sorry to hear about your situation, and your friend\'s loss. i am glad to hear that you are now back on your feet though, and i hope you encounter brighter days ahead. with love from all of us here at love-scent.com.

Nimbus
05-30-2003, 01:28 PM
Selling the Cookbook would be a honor for me, I think that if Bruce wants to do so, only a small amount of money should be charged per copy, and the whole Cookbook should anyway remain available for free in the Reference Material. Basically you\'d pay for it if you want a nicely printed version, and I\'m not claiming any % on the sells, of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mtnjim
05-30-2003, 03:10 PM
Who knows maybe \"Irish\" \"Scientist\" \"Jumbat\" and \"Jambat\" will be showing up next!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
05-30-2003, 03:30 PM
Selling the Cookbook would be a honor for me, I think that if Bruce wants to do so, only a small amount of money should be charged per copy, and the whole Cookbook should anyway remain available for free in the Reference Material. Basically you\'d pay for it if you want a nicely printed version, and I\'m not claiming any % on the sells, of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well, I want royalties for compiling the women\'s section. j/k

Good to see you, Lorenzo, welcome back.

polishkid99
05-30-2003, 03:59 PM
I like to welcome you back. I\'m new to this board. It\'s approximately a month and have learned alot. Everyone is great. I still haven\'t read all the posts. There is so much info out there. I try to research all I can before asking a typical newbie question but when I do many are quite helpful.

I\'m glad things are better for you. I\'ve been there going through tough times. Again glad you\'re back. Looking forward to reading your posts.

Darrell

abductor
05-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Welcome BAck Nimbus! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Who knows maybe \"Irish\" \"Scientist\" \"Jumbat\" and \"Jambat\" will be showing up next!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I think he still busy, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif fighting against Fundamentalist Atheist Mutant Ninjas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Alquimista
05-30-2003, 05:10 PM
What about Phantom??? That guy disappeared for a long time ago... does anybody knows what happened to him?

MOBLEYC57
05-30-2003, 07:32 PM
Nimbus - Life can sometimes be so unfair. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Glad you got a better grip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now! Get to work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Sagacious1420
05-31-2003, 03:20 AM
Nimbus-

Life only affords challenges to those who deserve them. You lucky bastard! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Nimbus
05-31-2003, 11:43 AM
*sniff* thanks to everyone for the warm welcome-back... I\'m happy to be part of this community!

I\'m almost up to date with all the latest stuff; from what I\'ve gathered there was also a field test with WAGG, which contains unknown pheros so far.

krtel: I read the thread about WKM#1, I think I really missed something there.

Today I started reorganizing the Cookbook using DocBook XML format. That will make a little more sense over the whole work, plus offering multiple output formats like usual HTML, plain text, PDF, etc... Keep the suggestions coming!

Bruce
05-31-2003, 12:06 PM
Hi Nimbus,
Welcome back and of course a big thanks for the work on the Cookbook. If you want to sell a hardbound version of the Cookbook, you could donate your royalties to your favorite charity if you don\'t feel right about about accepting them for yourself.

Bruce

Watcher
05-31-2003, 12:42 PM
Watcher is bouncing aroudn still, ok heres my idea (my new super mix) that should be included its called MIX#1

10% Chem Set ANone
40% Chem set ANol
10% Chem set Arone
20% WAGG
10% Chem set a1
10% New essence (New EW)

Its given the best hits so far and took me a while to get the ratios right but works great (better than DD#1) i dare say.
Welcome back to long time no see. Looking forward to the new cookbook.

Nimbus
05-31-2003, 01:47 PM
Hi Bruce,

I think that the final decision about selling the Cookbook is up to you; maybe we can finetune this via PM when the revamped 0.6 will be ready.

About the MIX#1 and any other mix that came out: I had a crazy (but not too much) idea about how to give a fair try to every mix that gets classified in the Cookbook. The main present problem is that when a new mix comes out, there are often 2 or 3 people only that get to try it with a \"scientific\" attitude (that is: trying to filter out false positives, trying the mix in different environments, etc...). The same is true, to a minor degree, for products.

So why don\'t we get organized and schedule groups of us to try mixes/products on a consistent time basis? For example, on a particular week everybody that has access to APC and NPA would concentrate on trying JB#1, then it would be DD#1\'s turn, etc... Obviously, timeslices should probably longer than a week.

That work would give us much more details on every mix in many situation, possibly allowing us to draw objective conclusions.

CptKipling
05-31-2003, 05:51 PM
Welcome back!

We were beggining to miss you!...well not really but hey, kidding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I was just going to ask Bruce if i could revamp the Cookbook, but no need!

Hope things are looking up!

Nimbus
06-04-2003, 11:36 AM
Thx a lot Captain! PS... check your PMs