PDA

View Full Version : When making a mix....

hotrocks5
05-28-2003, 10:04 PM
I read in the Phero Mixing Cookbook in the Love Scent reference area that when making a mix, the pheromone amounts of each product get averaged or something like that. Is that correct? If so, does anyone know what the limit is or when it starts to become an OD for a mix? Also, let\'s say hypothetically that you make a mix using PI & SOE with a 1:1 ratio. Since PI is all None and SOE does not contain any None (since it\'s mostly nol with a little bit of rone), does that mean that the None concentration of the combined mix becomes twice as weak compared to PI alone?

So basically what I\'m trying to find out is how to measure mixes and how to know when I\'ve added too much of something to the mix.

CptKipling
05-29-2003, 01:09 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Maybe you should stick to the products and the proven mixes.

mikey
05-29-2003, 03:21 AM
Try 3 drops of PI watch out how everyone respond to ya.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BassMan
05-29-2003, 04:36 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
So basically what I\'m trying to find out is how to measure mixes and how to know when I\'ve added too much of something to the mix.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Figure out how much of each mone you put in. For example, if you\'ve added 0.1 ml of PI and PI has 0.5 mg/ml none, you\'ve added 0.1 * 0.5 = 0.05 mg none.

Figure out the total volume. If you\'ve made a mix containing 0.1 ml PI and 0.1 ml SOE, you have a total volume of 0.1 + 0.1 = 0.2 ml.

Divide the amount of each mone (I\'ll leave the nol and rone in SOE as an exercise) by the total volume. Continuing with the example, you have 0.05 mg none in 0.2 ml liguid, so you have a concentration of 0.05 / 0.2 = 0.25 mg/ml none in the mix.

If that doesn\'t help, go back to what the Cap\'t said up there...

hotrocks5
05-29-2003, 10:21 AM
When measuring NPA, do you count the whole content as none or only half of it as none (since the other half is the \"secret ingredients\")?

ToBeOrNotToBe
05-29-2003, 10:27 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
When measuring NPA, do you count the whole content as none or only half of it as none (since the other half is the \"secret ingredients\")?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

You\'ve just answered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

hotrocks5
05-29-2003, 05:23 PM
What do people think of NPA and TE? Is TE more effective with the younger crowd? Does TE contain any of those \"secret ingredients\" that are in NPA? Also, does TE mix well with oil-based products like APC if you were to mix them together in a bottle?

monesrule
05-29-2003, 05:59 PM
the\'s no difference because they are the same thing at different dilution levels