05-28-2003, 06:39 PM
i love trading spaces!

Sexyredhead
05-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Farscape, but it\'s over now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Other than that--South Park. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DaVinciKittie
05-28-2003, 08:03 PM
Trading Spaces rocks! Love that show. Right now I\'m addicted to... Friends, Scrubs (although I\'m really behind on both of those, thanks to American Idol taking up all my time), Alias, and That 70\'s Show. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Nice thread!

Lucky
05-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Jeopardy, how boring. I did like American Idol! Watch Fox news (and mumble under my breathe) most of the time.

seadove
05-28-2003, 08:19 PM
The Middle East daily news conference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
05-28-2003, 08:39 PM
BBC\'s \"What Not To Wear\" with Trinny and Susannah.

seadove
05-28-2003, 08:46 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
BBC\'s \"What Not To Wear\" with Trinny and Susannah.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
\"What not to wear\"!!

Is this something worth watching for us guys?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

DaVinciKittie
05-28-2003, 08:54 PM
So Lucky, were you a Clay or Ruben fan?

**DONOTDELETE**
05-28-2003, 08:55 PM
Probably not.

Friends give the name of a woman who they think is in desperate need of a makeover, and they conspire to videotape her so they can show her how bad she looks ... they even set up hidden cameras in people\'s houses ... after a while of filming, Trinny and Susanah, these two Brit chicks, come running up to the woman on the street or in the gym or whereever they find her, and inform her that, pretty much, her friends think she has no taste ... and they sit her down and make her watch the film while they completely rank her out from top to bottom. Your shoes suck, your dresses bite, your hair\'s a disaster, your lipstick\'s too pink, your eyeshadow\'s too blue, your this that and the other. Then they go through her closet and throw out all the stuff they think looks bad on her. Then they tell her what looks good. Then she\'s to go shopping with this big wad o\' money the show gives her. Inevitably she picks out the wrong thing, and Trinny and Susannah come swooping down on their brooms and drag her away ...

They do a phenomenal job, no lie, the makeovers are really great. But the process is hysterical. The interactions are really amusing. To me, anyway. These two Brit chicks are completely un PC. They say exactly what they think in a way that we\'ve lost here in the US. It\'s kind of refreshing.

tallmacky
05-28-2003, 08:57 PM
The Daily Show

The Chapelle Show

upsidedown
05-28-2003, 09:18 PM
FTR, I\'ve seen the BBC version of \"What Not To Wear.\" I agree it\'s good. I like the British version better than the new American version on TLC.

Then again, I like the British show \"Changing Rooms\" better than the American spinoff version Trading Spaces. That\'s not to say that there\'s anything wrong with either American version...it\'s just a preference on my part for the original British versions.

As far as my favorite TV show though...I think right now that would have to be \"Who\'s Line Is It Anyway.\" Just looking at Ryan Styles makes me laugh.

B2C
05-28-2003, 09:28 PM
Hmmm... in order of shows still being run:

Stargate SG-1
South Park
Father Ted (syndicated)
Monday Night Football

B2C

DaVinciKittie
05-28-2003, 09:52 PM
Oh, I can\'t believe I forgot Whose Line! That is one of my all-time favorite shows! The individual members of the cast are pretty d*mn entertaining by themselves, but put them all together and give them free reign, and you better hope you\'re not eating anything when that crew starts up a skit. I can\'t believe they cancelled it. I missed the one with Robin Williams, and I seriously think about that (with MUCHO regret) everytime someone mentions Whose Line. Anybody know where I can download a copy of that show (the Robin Williams one... already tried Kazaa- it\'s audio only)??

Elana
05-29-2003, 03:05 AM
Scrubs

seadove
05-29-2003, 03:21 AM
Mr Bin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

seadove
05-29-2003, 03:24 AM
Are you being Served?

(And I\'m unanimous on this!!)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

EXIT63
05-29-2003, 04:01 AM
Gata Salvaje
LaGuerra do los sexos
Sopranos
Coupling
Frontline
Nova
Simpsons
This Old house
and none of those crappy shows everyone else likes! ie survivor, American idiot(idol), Mr Creepy mask guy, or any of the NBC must vomit line-up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

koolking1
05-29-2003, 05:04 AM
it\'s Seinfeld for me. I was lucky (or not, depending on your point of view) of being overseas in places with no TV while it was running in prime time so the re-runs are often \"new\" to me. Fox News in the AM - I love watching blatant propaganda!!!

Elana
05-29-2003, 05:09 AM
Absolutely Fabulous
The Young Ones (my all time favorite!!!!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

B2C
05-29-2003, 05:49 AM
Absolutely Fabulous
The Young Ones (my all time favorite!!!!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Young Ones is without a doubt one of the best shows ever made... Too bad, BBC America or Comedy Central choose not to rerun it again.

Elana, how do you feel about Blackadder?

B2C

Elana
05-29-2003, 05:55 AM
Elana, how do you feel about Blackadder?

I love Blackadder and I love you!
Any man that can appreciate The Young Ones, is my kind of guy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have all of the Young Ones episodes on VHS (the DVD was recently released) and I still do my Young Ones marathons religiously.

Xehupatl
05-29-2003, 06:18 AM
Frasier
Becker
M*A*S*H !!!!!
South Park
Simpsons
Scrubs

etc. Right now Frasier and MASH are pretty much my favourites!

tallmacky
05-29-2003, 12:04 PM
How old are you guys?

**DONOTDELETE**
05-29-2003, 12:10 PM
Over 21, go figure!

Whitehall
05-29-2003, 12:18 PM
None - I\'m only happy when the TV is off.

That said, when I was watching cable news during the last war, that Laurie Dhu at Fox was a sweet piece of eye candy that almost made it worthwhile.

tallmacky
05-29-2003, 12:30 PM
Over 21, go figure!

I\'m a grown man, damn it heh (no funny jokes for me)

upsidedown
05-29-2003, 12:31 PM
. . . that Laurie Dhu at Fox was a sweet piece of eye candy that almost made it worthwhile.

You got that right. She and Rudi Bakhtiar on Headline News.

They\'re both single also.

...like I even have a chance! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

EXIT63
05-29-2003, 01:40 PM
I like Daljit Daliwan (sp) on ITN. She\'s hot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

DaVinciKittie
05-29-2003, 08:45 PM
Anybody know if Scrubs has been cancelled? I\'ve noticed that NBC has been showing two episodes of both Friends and Will &amp; Grace lately (or lately when I\'ve been able to watch).

Elana
05-30-2003, 02:59 AM
Scrubs will be back, but I think it has a new night.

Lucky
05-30-2003, 05:53 AM
&lt;So Lucky, were you a Clay or Ruben fan?&gt;

Clay. How could a nerd like that have such a glorious voice?

To me, there was no comparison in their voices. Rueben was sweet, though.

monesrule
05-30-2003, 05:59 AM
clay wsa a much better singer. He got robbed, but he should have not been so theatrical when he sang.

Lucky
05-30-2003, 06:06 AM
I figure it was rigged. They knew Clay had a recording future and Rueben didn\'t...so they were nice guys and gave it to the underdog.

What do you think?

monesrule
05-30-2003, 08:01 AM
i think people liked ruben because he was the fat blck guy. People love fat black guys. no rigged in my opinion.

Sexyredhead
05-30-2003, 08:05 AM
Ok, I don\'t watch it, BUT, the comments I heard down here were that folks were cheering Reuben on because:

1) he\'s a southern boy
2) Clay seemed fake

Dunno if it\'s true or not, but that\'s all you could hear last week on the radio, around work, etc.

Elana
05-30-2003, 08:22 AM
2) Clay seemed fake

He sure did

upsidedown
05-30-2003, 09:31 AM
I didn\'t watch the show, but I have seen clips on the news channels about the two guys.

Let my preface my comments about Clay by acknowledging I\'m a rather traditional type of guy. And, I may be considered an old fogey.....but with that said....WHAT\'S WITH THAT GUY\'S HAIRSTYLE?

I wouldn\'t have voted for him becaue that type hair style creeps me out. I know that\'s probably considered a cool style. But in my opinion...get a comb and use it for crying out loud!

Elana
05-30-2003, 09:34 AM
I didn\'t watch the show, but I have seen clips on the news channels about the two guys.

Why? Were you to busy watching reruns of Trading Spaces? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

upsidedown
05-30-2003, 09:39 AM

Why? Were you to busy watching reruns of Trading Spaces? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

No, I was sorting out my sock drawer every time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The show just didn\'t interest me enough to want to spend my time watching it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Lucky
05-30-2003, 01:09 PM
I thought the show was hysterical...it was amazing to see how many people *think* they are talented and they are AWFUL - really bad.

Clay\'s hair looks great compared to when he was first on television. Fake? I don\'t think he\'s faking at all - just a huge geek. He can sing, though.

DaVinciKittie
05-30-2003, 09:42 PM
I thought the show was hysterical...it was amazing to see how many people *think* they are talented and they are AWFUL - really bad.

Clay\'s hair looks great compared to when he was first on television. Fake? I don\'t think he\'s faking at all - just a huge geek. He can sing, though.

Yep. My thoughts exactly. Clay fan all the way (although I did like Ruben, and also Kim Locke). I really like that flatiron look, BTW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I don\'t really think it was fixed. The margin was rather close (like 0.56% or somthing similar), so it was more a matter of whose fans were able to get through the most. I really wanted Clay to win (and I don\'t think he was fake either), but they both got contracts, so in a sense they both *did* win. I got way too wrapped up in it though- think I\'ll pass on the next one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

monesrule
05-31-2003, 05:52 AM
when you go based on each one\'s style, kimberly locke was the best.