PDA

View Full Version : Love-Scent down

franki
05-28-2003, 10:55 AM
Looks like Love-Scent was 4 hours down. Glad to see it back on again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tallmacky
05-28-2003, 11:02 AM
yeah I tried to email Bruce and tell him but then I realized well his e-mail box is part of the server and the messages bounced of course, but its good to see its up. The percentage of server downtime for love-scent is not bad by a long shot. Just one of those rare cases/.

Bruce
05-28-2003, 11:11 AM
Very sorry about that. I definitely need a new hosting service. They are not too bad, but this is the second long outage and there have been some other small ones here and there.
Bruce

abductor
05-28-2003, 11:12 AM
My God Frankie, you almost kill me of scare /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. I thought that Love-Scent Inc would close the doors...
Well usually the servers are active 95-98% of the time, The servers of high readiness are 99%. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Whitehall
05-28-2003, 11:45 AM
An electric power system strives to deliver power to it\'s general, residential and commercial customers 99.9% of the time - that\'s about 8 hours of outage a year.

Unless the server farm has backup power, it\'s going to be hard put to have a higher availability than that.

abductor
05-28-2003, 11:46 AM
Well,
Was the whole site out or only the forum?
I have been noticing that the forum is more slower sometime. We have already
+/- 40.000 post, so perhaps it is hour to optimize the database server.
But perhaps the problem is not only in the hosting provider.

PS- Bruce, litter clue:
Next time that sever is down. Try this in your desktop: open a MS-DOS prompt and type:
tracert love-scent.com

With this command you will know which server that is out,
then will know if the problem was really in your Hosting Provider.

Watcher
05-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Ive been told that these boards handle 100000s of messages so that wouldnt be a problem. looking at more reliable servers is a good idea or perhaps a back up system.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-28-2003, 08:28 PM
I was in a tizzy the whole time - I\'d try to come here and get a message that I wasn\'t allowed to come to this site, error message blah de blah because of the firm firewall. I\'m thinking *gasp* they\'re watching me in IT, oh no!

Whew. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mtnjim
05-29-2003, 10:05 AM
\"I\'m thinking *gasp* they\'re watching me in IT, oh no! \"

They are!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

upsidedown
05-29-2003, 10:12 AM
I thought it was the guys with the black helicopters watching us all!

abductor
05-29-2003, 12:55 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I was in a tizzy the whole time - I\'d try to come here and get a message that I wasn\'t allowed to come to this site, error message blah de blah because of the firm firewall. I\'m thinking *gasp* they\'re watching me in IT, oh no!

Whew. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

FTR,
It is my work, and yes, we can see all traffic with some sniffer tools .. Listem ALL .. (include your personal password sometimes) so be careful my friend. Do you remember the music
\" EVERYBREATH YOU TAKE - THE POLICE \" That music is considered a \"Sniffer Song\".
But (one \"But\" always exists ),
It is a chess game ..check out
http://www.inetprivacy.com/dl.htm (\"http://www.inetprivacy.com/dl.htm\")
It is commercial BUT, we have the same FREE too.
And if they block adress love-scent.com you can use some free proxy and request this adress
to proxy, because the proxy adress may not be block .. you will outline this firewall rule.

tallmacky
05-29-2003, 01:14 PM
There is no way to hide from it unless you use strong encryption on everything you do internet wise. Programs like Iris are able to look through all the activity you do online whether that be your e-mails internet messages, downloads, sites you have visited and so on. The internet was not built as a secure system. Whenever you open an e-mail, connect to a website, or anything you are sending and receiving out data packets, These packets travel from you cable modem through all the routers and switches and to your ISP. Anyone can examine your data packets and such not very secure.

abductor
05-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Perfect /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif tallmacky..
Yes FTR thats it!