PDA

View Full Version : Matrix 2 Theory(s)

Skyy
05-27-2003, 01:18 PM
This thread is taken from my other forums. Its a very good discussion about matrix 2 and all the stuff that happened in it. I spent sometime reading it and found it useful and I wanted to share it with everyone

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=164194 (\"http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=164194\")

(the thread is very long and growing)

tallmacky
05-27-2003, 01:22 PM
Nice link and good post!, there is something similar at a movie forum I sometimes post at.

Below is one of my theories. That I still hold true hehehe.
THEORY BELOW: maybe a SPOILER if you have not seen Reloaded.

-----------------------------------------

If you watch the trailor to revolutions you will realize that in one part Neo and Smith are mirroring eachother in moves and hits, it\' like at that point they are equals. My theory is that Agent Smith is the essences of the Matrix, if not that he is the head of the AI\'s intelligence, meaning he is not the ordinary program we once thought but instead the leader of the movement. Yes he did pass through Neo in the first, but for one he was not destroyed, and two he is now able to contend and try to fight with NEO himself.

\"It ends tonight... \"why would Neo save this for Agent Smith I believe that Agent Smith is the leader of the A.I.. Think of all of the plot twists in the Matrix and how The Architect never even mentions Smith as having to do with anything, why is the matrix not alarmed by Smith\'s destructive presence.

I am going to stick by this theory though at this time it may have plot holes, I hope it is not right as I don\'t want to spoil myself the treat. Doesn\'t really matter though as Revolutions is going to kick more ass then imaginable.

PS. Agent Smith is a badass and one of the most enjoyable to watch, I like that corny humor too, especially in the trailor when he does that stupid laugh hahahah.

Matrix Talk, Joblo (\"http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=b299d8520f8a2d8caf06827a16c7a9b b&forumid=45\")

druid
05-27-2003, 01:29 PM
i think they are still in the matrix(and that xion is still there). when they leave the nezvercabazera(damn my lack of spelling skills) neo says \"something is different\" and then holds his hands up and stops the sentinels like he does the bullets in the matrix. BUT THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE IN REAL LIFE.

Skyy
05-27-2003, 01:32 PM
Your theory is actually similar to mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

druid
05-27-2003, 01:34 PM
i think that xion still exists in the real world but that the matrix is trying to fool neo and the others and keep them in the matrix for some reason. to buy more time to destroy the real xion I guess.

tallmacky
05-27-2003, 02:03 PM
No, Zion is real, so far I have watched the original like 8 times and Reloaded 2 times. You have to understand that Neo is not like the one\'s who have come before him. When he is in the room with The Architect he tells him that there were 5 \"one\'s\" before him and they all had the same choice in walking through the door on the right which led to Zion being destroyed and recreated, Neo walked to the door on the left which is supposedly leads to the total destruction of the human race. The one\'s have also had a connection with life itself and would never pick to destroy it, but Neo is smarter, different, and a supremely powerful being. Neo has more powers then we may know even outside the Matrix in Zion.

The third one, Revolutions will take place mostly outside the matrix, but how? maybe because Neo has his new powers.

Another possibility is that when Neo and Agent Smith collided in the first. Neo had thought he had destroyed Smith in Reloaded he comes to learn that he didn\'t not only this but they some how connected and bits and parts of them seemed to interchange. That is why Agent Smith is able to do what he is, maybe some of this rubbed off on Neo.

If you go to that link that I sent the guys on there have better arguments as to why Zion is real.

Watcher
05-27-2003, 05:20 PM
I thought the special effects where great.

pelotudo
05-27-2003, 05:51 PM
Personally, I liked \"Matrix Reloaded\" more than \"The Matrix\"...but for different reasons.

\"The Matrix\" was a lot like many original movies (that have sequels or trigilies <sp?> planned). It starts out with a bang. Constant special effects, and constant storyline progression. It doesn\'t take time to go really in depth in to the reasons things are the way they are, and instead focuses on drawing the attention of the viewer in to the acting and great special effects that sells tickets. It gives us hints and teasers as to what everything is about...and does include a little bit of explanation (In \"The Matrix\", an example of this would be where Neo gets unplugged, then Morpheous starts teaching him about the timeline, shows him the images of the harvesting fields, what they\'re used for...explains a little bit about Zion, but they never show it). This grabs a HUGE audience of people who absoluetly love the idea, combine that with the amazing and never-seen-before special effects (camera angles, bullet-time, the theme altogether of a world controlled by another world of robots...), then throw in big time actors such as Laurence Fishbourne <sp?> and Keanu Reeves and you\'ve got a blockbuster movie that just leads you to want to watch the sequel.

Fast forward to Reloaded.

I personally feel this movie started, stopped, started, stopped. The storyline was very choppy, they introduced in many new characters (they explained their purpose and where they came from, but didn\'t go much past that. I.E...the ghost twins), and they didn\'t keep a constant flow of action. There is a purpose of this though. They are making up from \"The Matrix\" where they left off loose ends. Instead of producing another action packed sequel that doesn\'t explain much, the Wachowski brothers blow us away with even better special effects...but they also have ti incorporate the storyline and develope it so that there is a constant flow and we don\'t become bored. I liked the first one b/c of the great effects and constant thrills, but I liked the second one more because they threw in the same effects and mind boggling camera angles; but they also kept us going with what was going on and explained everything thoroughly. There were small parts that lagged, and I thought to myself that it was lacking, but then it would like hit fast forward and we were right back in to action sequences. Overall, I feel the 2nd was right there w/ the first, and maybe even a little better. The scene w/ the creator was a little confusing, even for me, and I\'m going to go see it again just to understand some of the stuff I didn\'t grasp from the first time..but other than that I give the movie a solid 4/4.5 out of 5 stars.

I\'m not going to go in to my thoughts as to everything w/ Zion...etc; as I am still trying to figure it out myself. I can\'t wait for the new one to come out in November. Even though I loved the second one, I hope the third does a little better of a job in keeping a steady pace. They\'ve explained to us enough of the storyline to tide us over...I just hope the final chapter can keep the pace as the first, and I\'m pretty sure it will.

-Jon

Random thoughts from a bored college student on a Tuesday night.