PDA

View Full Version : Smelling -none

adam22
05-27-2003, 12:10 PM
Why can some of us smell -none and some cant? Obviously genetics but I was wondering if it\'s somehow linked to nationality, like the environment your ancestors grew up in might have affected the abilitly to smell -none. So anyone interested list your nationalities and whether or not you can smell -none, not the alchohol smell, that urine smell.

I am Irish/Belgian/Czechloslovakian and i CANNOT smell -none.

adam22
05-27-2003, 12:14 PM
some thing else i thought to mention- if we can figure this out perhaps we can spot to type of females to avoid when wearing -none not covered to well...this may be a very usefull thing to find out.

Charisma
05-27-2003, 12:17 PM
Good idea!

My wife and I can\'t smell -none either. We\'re both from and live in The Netherlands.

P.S. I have PI, AFA and Attraction. I don\'t know about NPA...

BassMan
05-27-2003, 12:26 PM
I\'m Hungarian/Italian. I can definately smell none.

When i first got the stuff, I could smell the urinous smell. Now I get the sweaty smell, but not the urine.

adam22
05-27-2003, 12:27 PM
hmmm.perhaps if u dont know ur nationality, or even if u do, u can list ur traits such as hair color, eye color, freckles,skin type, ect. Since those are also usually linked to nationality. I have blue eyes, blond hair, used to have freckles when i was younger but by the time i was 15 they pretty much disapeared, and I have a very light complextion.

Charisma
05-27-2003, 12:34 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Good idea!

My wife and I can\'t smell -none either. We\'re both from and live in The Netherlands.

P.S. I have PI, AFA and Attraction. I don\'t know about NPA...

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I have dark hair (not black), blue eyes and I get a tan easily

Sexyredhead
05-27-2003, 12:52 PM
Redhead (obviously)

English/Scottish/Welsh/American Indian descent

I can most definitely smell -none, even after having on one dab all day--covered with perfume. It stinks! However nobody else apparently thinks so. lol

ToBeOrNotToBe
05-27-2003, 12:58 PM
To be honest, I don\'t know whether I can or can\'t smell the -none. When I \"sniff\" the NPA bottle, I do smell that \"cat piss smell\". When I \"sniff\" my AE, I smell its scent.

I know it\'s a stupid question, but how do we know if we can smell the -none? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

adam22
05-27-2003, 01:03 PM
put 2 dabs of NPA on ur wrist, rub in and wait 5-10 min, then smell ur wrist, if u smell something unpleasant sweat/urine smell, u can smell -none

tallmacky
05-27-2003, 01:11 PM
It\'s not only that I cannot smell -none, but it\'s also the fact that I have OD, to a disgusting amount and all that seemed to happen was increased sexual awareness (others saw me more and girls seemed even more turned on). OD\'s don\'t always work out this way it can also lead to \"Indifference Theory\". The point is even when sitting no less then 3 feet away from girls many times during the day I never sensed that they thought I smelled at all, I would even say for the must part the \"scent\" was working subconcious only.

Some of the time I think that people who report they smell none are geting the placebo effect, as they have heard and expect to smell something. I think 25% may be a bit low for those who cannot smell -none.

adam22
05-27-2003, 05:45 PM
so far i dont see much of a pattern...keep posting!

biteme
05-27-2003, 06:10 PM
I\'m asian. I can\'t smell -NONE at all. The only thing I can smell in NPA/m is the alcohol. Chem. set -NONE doesn\'t have an odor to me at all.

On a side note, ProEdge/w (which, from what I understand, is the same as TE/w. I think I got the women\'s version by mistake back when Bruce was giving them out as freebies. I left it laying around on top of the fridge for months on end until recently.) smells a little funky to me. Its hard to describe. Kind of a pain to cover as reported by some of the ladies in the women\'s forum section. First use, BTW, was a DISASTER! But that\'s a different story.

====

Forgot to mention that I\'m 33.

pelotudo
05-27-2003, 06:24 PM
White guy, young (19), and I can smell -none very well. Out of the NPA bottle I smell the alcohol, but after about 10 mins..and throughout the day I can smell the musky odor. I\'ve grown accustomed to it though, and w/ the right amount of sweat and cologne mixed, it doesn\'t really smell bad to me anymore. I like the scent of the TE Sandalwood a LOT, especially after about 45 mins and sweating a little bit.

-Jon

Bubu
05-28-2003, 04:07 AM
Ukranian / Russian. White to toned skin, brown eyes, dark hair.
Have chronical tonzilitys, but can smell -none in pretty low concentration, abo. 0,001-0,0005 mg/cm.