PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision Song Contest

CJ01
05-24-2003, 02:09 PM
So it looks like Turkey´s won this year but will there ever be another success like ABBA for instance which will result from this whole affair?

Did actually anyone from this board make a vote ( I ceratainly didn´t)?
CJ

franki
05-24-2003, 02:14 PM
Other then the HOT dancers I didn\'t think the turkish performance was very special...

CJ01
05-24-2003, 02:18 PM
I didn´t even watch the show, I´ve just been following the end rsults thing just now. What did you think about the dutch and the german performances franki? ( I didn´t see those either btw)

I was kind of impressed that the highest votes Germany got was from sweden though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

franki
05-24-2003, 02:20 PM
I only saw the turks (at the end). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CJ01
05-24-2003, 02:29 PM
I didn´t watch that part either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CJ

CJ01
05-24-2003, 03:05 PM
PS, I guess mentioneing ABBA only isn´t totally fair. There are a few songs from this event that caught on and that really were of good quality, I know of two german songs alone that ended up as being classics and guess what - they´re even in original language too (gasp). But I don´t know about other songs/countries - not counting Katrina&the waves for GB of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

franki, did any dutch euro song ever make it kind of big in Holland? The type that people know instantly and recognize etc?

franki
05-24-2003, 03:09 PM
Whew, I believe so, but that was more in the seventies and eighties and before my time. The difference between then and now is that now there are all kinds of clowns (Stefan Raab) that compete and in the past they maybe took it more seriously.....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CptKipling
05-24-2003, 04:48 PM
I managed to switch on just in time for the UK\'s group, then i switched off after, ooooh...5 seconds.

seadove
05-24-2003, 10:24 PM
I watched, but in a drouzy condition.Yes I liked Turkey\'s song.

I thought they would win and I was right.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CJ01
05-25-2003, 12:28 PM
I didn´t see the UK but they didn´t get any votes hardly at all. Who performed it, anyone I might know?

CJ01
05-25-2003, 12:34 PM
franki, I think you got a good point there. But Germany last year I think had no clown. I mean a blind singer though I didn´t hear the song.

Clowns or not, the music industry, or should I say the standard of the majority of so called modern pop music has gone seriously downhill. The people `in charge´ just haven´t got a f*cking clue in my (not so humble) opinion.
CJ