PDA

View Full Version : Body Wash and Deodorant to match your cologne?

bsxs
05-24-2003, 01:28 PM
Do you think that would make you smell better? I imagine it\'s not too great to have like six different smells on you at the same time. Do you think this is a good idea? I ordered Zanzibar body wash and deodorant online. I always wear Van Cleef and Arpels Zanzibar cologne all the time.

CJ01
05-24-2003, 01:38 PM
bsxs, I´m not familiar with the scents and products you described at all but I have different products too - shower gel, body lotion etc. The shower stuff seems to dissappear pretty quickly, so does the lotion. I don´t think that mixing deo and cologne is such a good idea though, unless, the two scents blend really well with each other and with your own body scent and chemistry. Ask someone you know well enough for an objective opinion. CJ

**DONOTDELETE**
05-24-2003, 05:53 PM
I\'m a big fan of getting everything I can in the same scent. If I can\'t find deodorant/soap/lotion in the scent I like, I use unscented products so they don\'t conflict with the scent I\'m using.

I did some overtime one night for a female attorney who had a deadline crunch whose own secretary couldn\'t stay. She\'d been sitting at her desk in her office (small) with the door shut for hours, and when I knocked and opened the door to give her a draft, all I could smell was Secret deodorant. It\'s a pleasant smell, but I never realized until then that deodorant scent really does add to your scent profile.

The other thing I notice is hair products. Sometimes I can smell a woman friend\'s hair almost more than I can smell her cologne.

So the scents do add up.

bsxs
05-26-2003, 07:44 AM
Ohhh thanks FullTiltRedhead! Yeah I had an idea that they did have an effect on your overall smell.

pelotudo
05-26-2003, 08:00 AM
I try to use the same everything. I\'ve got Ralph Lauren Romance shower gel, deodorant, aftershave, and cologne and if I\'m going out on a 1on1, I will use all 3. I\'ve also got Realm body wash, deodorant, cologne, but don\'t use it as much. I like having 1 good smell on me.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-26-2003, 08:13 AM
I wonder why men\'s scents tend to have a scented deodorant as part of the collection but women\'s scents usually don\'t. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif You guys are lucky.

But unscented works ok too.

camusflage
05-27-2003, 10:11 AM
It doesn\'t so much make you smell better as it does add to the staying power of a cologne. I\'d stay away from conflicting scents, instead going with an unscented product. I have forty or so colognes, probably fifteen of which I\'ve gotten the body wash for, and perhaps five of which have other products (mostly as a package purchase) such as after shave, body lotion, etc. Using a shower gel allows you to tone down a \"loud\" cologne so that it hangs more closely to your body by using less of the cologne while having the gel or other product enhance the scent more close to your skin. An example is A*Men, an extraordinarily strong scent that shouts its presence. By using the shower gel, I can reduce the amount of EDT used while still having the scent close to me.