PDA

View Full Version : Stretch Marks

elvido
05-21-2003, 11:43 AM
Any cood products for reducing existing and preventing new stretch marks?

krtel
05-22-2003, 11:05 PM
Coco butter seems to be useful for this matter. Maybe someone else can add to this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

- Krish

seadove
05-23-2003, 12:47 AM
Stretch marks where?

Can you please give more details as to the whereabouts of the marks and from where you got them?

Thanks.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanatos
05-23-2003, 10:06 AM
Don\'t know about evildo but I have some stretch marks around my biceps that I wouldn\'t mind getting rid of.

elvido
05-23-2003, 10:23 AM
Hips. Gained weight quickly after I stopped smoking.
Someone recomended Barmon (\"http://www.barmon.com\")
I ordered that and some Emu Oil. We\'ll see.

DrSmellThis
05-24-2003, 05:58 AM
vit e, collagen/elastin supplement, OPC\'s.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-24-2003, 07:20 AM
Stretch marks are scars. There\'s very little that can be done about them. Unfortunately. Mederma is said to help as much as anything will. (www.mederma.com)

Things that make stretch marks: for women - pregnancy, puberty onset that happens FAST (grow breasts and hips in a matter of about 3 weeks), putting on muscle faster than the skin can stretch to accomodate the underlying bulk, putting on weight faster than the skin can stretch without splitting and making stretch marks ... once you\'ve got them, they\'re pretty much there for life.

Cocoa butter doesn\'t do much. Women rub it on their abdomens during pregancy hoping that it will help the skin stretch more easily since the cocoa butter has lubed it up, but it\'s more a feel good thing than anything else.

CJ01
06-11-2003, 10:27 AM
check out www.skinbio.com (\"http://www.skinbio.com\")
their products show results apparently. I´ve been using them.

dreadlockgirl
01-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Yes! It is

called Striae and you can get it at striae.com. You gotta be consistent and it does work better on newer stretch

marks, but helps older ones. No kidding!

CJ01
01-22-2004, 10:56 AM
Emu oil is said to work

too. I ran out of the skinbio stuff ages ago but I´ll be trying the oil by itself not for that purpose but who

knows maybe it´ll be a side effect /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif